Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should the Pads have kept Milton Badley?

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres Should the Pads have kept Milton Badley?

HELL NO

But have you checked his stats so far this season?

Leads the AL in BA .338

4th in Runs with 45

5th in RBI's with 45

3rd in doubles with 20

5th in HR's with 14

You go dude.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Padres Re: Should the Pads have kept Milton Badley?

Yes.

I liked him when he was here, he fired up the team and other than a few antics on the field I thought was well enough behaved.

His fire and bat this year would have made a HUGE difference in the line up and on the field.

Bring back Uncle Milty...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Should the Pads have kept Milton Badley?

Looks like Pads was finally right about something. He said when Bradley signed with the Rangers that that was the best bargain deal of the offseason and he was 100% right.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

1st time is was right about anything..... ......maybe just the 1st time that you recognized it.......

Alderson was just on the radio, not 10min ago, and said they tried fairly hard to keep Bradley, and it was essentially not up to them anymore.....he got offered a great deal by TX........He also said that they need to do a better job of either signing or locking these guys up who they 'target' and figure are the types of guys they really need. When he spoke about that he was talking about both Bradley & Fukudome.......He did say that they were right about who they targetted, just that they didn't do enough to land them....he was very happy about the guys they did land like Wolf and Maddux though.....but it's hitters that we need, and are the hardest for this team to secure.
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Looks they were right about not sticking with Antonelli at second. He is about to be demoted to AA.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg27 View Post
    Yes.

I liked him when he was here, he fired up the team and other than a few antics on the field I thought was well enough behaved.

His fire and bat this year would have made a HUGE difference in the line up and on the field.

Bring back Uncle Milty...
    Dude were we watching the same Padres team all last season?

Nearly every game Badley had a fit about something, throwing a bat, confronting a fan......etc. I always wondered why he was allowed to act like that and why Bud didn't bench the dude. His last act on the field was the topper though.

IMO, there is no room in MLB for a guy with tendencies for anger. Not a good role model. Sure he fired the team up and is a good player. If only he'd had his attitude under control though.
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA

Didn't Bradley just get injured again today?

Any rate, whether or not he did he's spent most of this year playing DH....
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Maybe we should have. Mark Grant and Matt Vasgersian aren't the types to criticize his character on a broadcast.

Texas Rangers' Bradley gets emotional over TV comments | Texas Rangers News | Sports News | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Apparently neither were the Royals broadcasters.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat View Post
    Dude were we watching the same Padres team all last season?

Nearly every game Badley had a fit about something, throwing a bat, confronting a fan......etc. I always wondered why he was allowed to act like that and why Bud didn't bench the dude. His last act on the field was the topper though.

IMO, there is no room in MLB for a guy with tendencies for anger. Not a good role model. Sure he fired the team up and is a good player. If only he'd had his attitude under control though.
    To each his owm, you asked our opinion and I gave you mine, didnt know I was going to be criticized over it. I think your assessment that he was having a fit, throwing a bat, or confronting a fan nearly every game is grossly overstated because it was no where close to nearly every game, give me a break. Plus usually when he was chirping with a fan, it was a fan of the opposing team and I persoanlly loved that.

I will agree though, dropping his bat on home plate and walking away when he didnt like a call was embarassing, but I can live with that.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg27 View Post
    To each his owm, you asked our opinion and I gave you mine, didnt know I was going to be criticized over it. I think your assessment that he was having a fit, throwing a bat, or confronting a fan nearly every game is grossly overstated because it was no where close to nearly every game, give me a break. Plus usually when he was chirping with a fan, it was a fan of the opposing team and I persoanlly loved that.

I will agree though, dropping his bat on home plate and walking away when he didnt like a call was embarassing, but I can live with that.
    Dude, no one was criticizing you. And yeah, it was nearly every game. I was paying attention in particular to Badley as I was so unhappy with his attitude.

That is all.

MLB ERA

If the guy puts up great #'s, there is no reason to tear him down....especially when he's a hot head, and you know it's only going to cause issues......any broadcaster that does this kind of thing, IMO, is simply looking for more exposure themselves.....it's pretty transparent to me

MLB ERA

I agree that the broadcaster was way out of line, but it doesn't negate the fact that anyone else would not have stormed up to the broadcaster's booth after hearing about it.

Good thing any real incident was resolved before it happened, though.

MLB ERA

No it doesn't.....and that broadcaster likely knew he was pushing the self promotion button by saying things that would clearly incite the man with a short fuse.

Baiting is not ok either......as you said the broadcaster was out of line....cause and effect again......I'm not condoning MB's reactionary behavior, but it is a reaction to being baited.

No bait, no reaction.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

People know thats his personality and use it to, like you said bait and villify him. I persoanlly think it sucks and like him and wish people would just leave him a alone and let him play ball. Like you said if he puts up good numbers, and isnt baited into fights then he is an asset to whatever team he is on as long as he keeps producing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast