Thread: Last years top pick is coming around...

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres Last years top pick is coming around...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...1s7padres.html

Since there aren't many threads I figured I'd try to keep people up on what I've read.......hope you all don't mind too much

......"I know I'm a good person. Doing something like that right away is not a good thing. But I think I'm going to be OK. I get really tired of people judging me for all the wrong things."

Randy Ready hasn't. The former Padre is in his second season as manager of the Fort Wayne Wizards. He has seen Bush on a daily basis since spring training. Ready saw Bush struggle early with the bat. Now he is hitting close .241. Ready has seen Bush make great plays and botch routine grounders.

"Matt Bush stands out on the field in a prospect way," said Ready, once a highly regarded shortstop prospect himself.

"Bust pick? I disagree. He has a chance. I've seen this guy make some plays that are unbelievable. There is no doubt about his arm strength. Strong and accurate. His bat is coming around mechanically.

"There are still a few things to iron out. But he will get bigger and stronger. Offensively, he's come a long way. He's had some big hits. He's a tough hitter with two outs and two strikes.

..........there is more on that link if you all want to check it out.....could still come around........I remember seeing this kid play in HS.......fast as the wind, and a cannon for an arm.......he's now 19, so hopefully by 21-22 he'll have grown up some and be ready to contribute......I have a hunch he will.....

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Matt Bush can be really good. Don't feel the same way about your other top pick, Philip Rivers, tho.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Rivers........lol........right now he only has to be a good back up ......