Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOVE IN THE FENCES........lmfao

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres MOVE IN THE FENCES........lmfao

Padres looking to set franchise record for HR's in a homestand

SAN DIEGO -- The Padres will be trying to match or surpass their record for most home runs in a homestand on Thursday afternoon when they take on the Nationals at PETCO Park.
    San Diego has hit 14 home runs in the first nine games of this homestand, which matches the 14 the Friars hit from June 23-July 2, 2006.

The Padres hit 15 home runs from July 2-July 12, 1992, during an 11-game homestand, marking their highest total.
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA

Re: MOVE IN THE FENCES........lmfao

I'm refraining from this debate for now.

I'm going to wait until there's another home run drought (And there will be one) and I'm going to act like that definitively proves that PetCo is the hardest place to hit home runs.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Game today was won by a.........YEP......HOME RUN

I could give two shits if they go into a drought and people cry again.......that proves only what I've been saying even more.....that it's the personnel not the park or conditions......inconsistent hitting is a HUGE problem with our club and has been....right now we're hitting and when we do the ball leaves the yard.....same with the opposition..... and we're heading into summer and the time of year the ball starts to travel further here........

MLB ERA

Oh and FYI if Langerhans doesn't go over the wall to rob Kouz today......we break the alltime HR's in a home stand record for this team to not being able to hit the ball out

MLB ERA

So let me get this straight.

If there's a lot of HRs hit it proves that it's not hard to hit them there, but if there's a HR drought that also proves that it's not hard to hit them there?

And, yet again, how come the pitching personnel doesn't factor in?

Lord knows Shawn Estes is a perenial Cy Young candidate.

And Charlie Manning is the next Dennis Eckersley.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    Oh and FYI if Langerhans doesn't go over the wall to rob Kouz today......we break the alltime HR's in a home stand record for this team to not being able to hit the ball out
    If HRs were always flying out of the park at this rate instead of it just being a crazy two weeks your points would be valid.

Of course, if the past two weeks was the norm and not some crazy abnormality, nobody would be complaining about the fences or the Padres' ability to hit home runs.....

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    So let me get this straight.

If there's a lot of HRs hit it proves that it's not hard to hit them there, but if there's a HR drought that also proves that it's not hard to hit them there?
    Once you get the wording right.......you'll arrive......nobody said it "wasn't hard".......but it's not impossible and it plays fair........IT SHOULD BE HARD.....IT'S A ****ING HOME RUN

IF YOU HIT IT...........IT WILL GO

boo hoo no bandbox cheap shots, so suddenly people forget that you're supposed to actually hit the ball well for it to leave the yard.......

MLB ERA

If HRs were always flying out of the park at this rate instead of it just being a crazy two weeks your points would be valid.

Of course, if the past two weeks was the norm and not some crazy abnormality, nobody would be complaining about the fences or the Padres' ability to hit home runs.....
    Yah there have never been weeks where teams like the Phillies came to town and made Petco their *****

MLB ERA

Once you get the wording right.......you'll arrive......nobody said it "wasn't hard".......but it's not impossible and it plays fair........IT SHOULD BE HARD.....IT'S A ****ING HOME RUN

IF YOU HIT IT...........IT WILL GO
    I'm not saying it shouldn't be hard....hell, I'm not even saying it should be changed.

I'm just saying it's harder. (The bolded portion of the word being key.)

Your insistence that personnel make-up is the only reason less home runs are hit in PetCo, despite the same exact personnel being half responsible for the recent onslaught the past two weeks, kinda suggests otherwise.

boo hoo no bandbox cheap shots, so suddenly people forget that you're supposed to actually hit the ball well for it to leave the yard.......
    Who's saying it needs to be made a bandbox?

It's not a black and white issue.

While I don't really think the fences need to be moved in I can certainly understand the argument due to the fact that, the past two weeks notwithstanding, it's much harder (again, the suffix being key here) to hit it at PetCo than pretty much anywhere else.

MLB ERA

Yah there have never been weeks where teams like the Phillies came to town and made Petco their *****
    And there has never been a series where there was one or two HRs hit by both teams?

Your narrow minded approach on this matter is pretty laughable.

Focusing on small sample sizes and cherry picking games/series that fit your argument isn't sound logic.

As shown multiple times by myself, GWD on the other forum, and even by LTR, if you look at the numbers in a much larger, more telling format, you see that PetCo suppresses the HR more than pretty much anywhere else.

And again, I'm not necessarily saying the fences need to be moved in by stating this fact.

MLB ERA

Narrow minded This is about the ability to hit HR's OUT OF PETCO you nitwit.......not about slumps where HR's are scarce......that happens to ALL TEAMS !! And over the past 5 years it's happened to this team quite a bit due to shitty personnel having very inconsistent approaches.

The entire question is whether or not Petco is strictly a pitchers park......fact is that its NOT....IT PLAYS FAIR......HR's fly out of this ballpark when someone hits the ball well......this fact is NO LONGER arguable by a sane person.....if one were to continue to argue that it's solely a pitchers park, we all know where that person would slot in that sanity category....

MLB ERA

Your insistence that personnel make-up is the only reason less home runs are hit in PetCo, despite the same exact personnel being half responsible for the recent onslaught the past two weeks, kinda suggests otherwise.
    Do yourself and everyone a favor and stop suggesting I ever said its the "only reason" ..... that's a flat lie that I've refuted many times now.....

MLB ERA

Narrow minded This is about the ability to hit HR's OUT OF PETCO you nitwit.......not about slumps where HR's are scarce......that happens to ALL TEAMS !! And over the past 5 years it's happened to this team quite a bit due to shitty personnel having very inconsistent approaches.
    And every team goes through hot streaks as well, but that doesn't stop you from pointing at it like it's indefinite proof.

Only one of us has ever approached this debate by looking at the overall numbers...and that's not you.

The entire question is whether or not Petco is strictly a pitchers park......fact is that its NOT....IT PLAYS FAIR......HR's fly out of this ballpark when someone hits the ball well......this fact is NO LONGER arguable by a sane person.....if one were to continue to argue that it's solely a pitchers park, we all know where that person would slot in that sanity category....
    Except nobody has ever argued that it can't be hit out of PetCo if you hit it hard enough, that's simply words you continue to put into people's mouths.

The only argument that is made is that it's harder to hit it at PetCo than most other parks....which makes it a pitcher's park.

Again, you can say that the park plays fine while still admitting this fact, but you refuse to do so because you think that by admitting it's a pitcher's park you're agreeing with the crowd that wants the fences moved in....which isn't necessarily the case.

MLB ERA

Do yourself and everyone a favor and stop suggesting I ever said its the "only reason" ..... that's a flat lie that I've refuted many times now.....
    Your continuing arguments on this matter suggests that it's the main reason, which it isn't.

When you tell me that it's not a pitcher's park as every sports expert out there calls it you're telling me that personnel make up is the main problem.

MLB ERA

Your continuing arguments on this matter suggests that it's the main reason, which it isn't.
    Wrong again.....this isn't just black and white....it's not one way or the other.......but that's how YOU are trying to paint the picture

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast