Thread: Rule 5 guys

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Rule 5 guys

info from Mad Friars......

The Padres selected right-handed pitcher Gabe DeHoyos from the Kansas City Royals, and left-hander Kurt Isenberg from the Toronto Blue Jays organization.

Additionally, the Padres acquired right-handed pitcher Carlos Guevara from Florida in exchange for cash considerations.
    This guy appears to be a frigg'n stud.......not sure why he was allowed to be snagged.......I can't find a single thing wrong with this guy......please tell me if there is something I've missed.....
    Over parts of five minor league seasons in the Reds organization, Guevara has a career record of 11-13 with 40 saves, a 2.90 ERA (96 ER/297.2 IP), 384 strikeouts and 105 walks. He has appeared in 202 games, making five starts.

Michael Gardner, who was selected in the first round (14th pick), spent the 2007 season with the Yankees Double-A Trenton affiliate and went 3-5 with a 2.88 ERA (26 ER/81.1 IP) in 44 games (three starts). He compiled 66 strikeouts compared to 30 walks in his 81.1 innings.
    I'm hearing has been injury prone, but not sure what kinds and how many. But he looks to be a damn fine p/u also

The 24-year-old Callix Crabbe was selected by the Padres in the second round of today’s Rule 5 Draft (17th pick). He appeared in 130 games with the Brewers Triple-A Nashville affiliate in 2007, batting .287 (131-for-457) with 23 doubles, nine triples, nine homers, 38 RBI, 84 runs scored and 17 stolen bases
    Geoff Blums replacement and possibly much much better overall........time will tell on this one......

DeHoyos was the Padres pick in the first round of the Triple-A phase of the Rule 5 draft (17th overall pick). In 38 combined appearances (two starts) with Kansas City’s Double-A Wichita and Triple-A Omaha affiliates in 2007, he went 6-1 with a 2.45 ERA (19 ER/69.2 IP), 53 strikeouts and 24 walks.
    Where the hell does KT find these gems.........this guy also appears to have the goods.......

Those are the guys that really jumped out at me.......anyone know more about them or have opinions on them ?
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Rule 5 guys

This guy appears to be a frigg'n stud.......not sure why he was allowed to be snagged.......I can't find a single thing wrong with this guy......please tell me if there is something I've missed.....
    Only thing I see wrong with him is that the Reds didn't play him last season with the worst bullpen in all of baseball. Other than that it looks like the Padres had a good draft. I wish the Giants could say the same thing. Did you see this?
    In the Draft's Triple-A phase, the Giants selected shortstop Juan Ciriaco, who hit a combined .228 for three San Diego farm clubs, and lost right-hander Joe Bateman, who was 4-1 with a 2.88 ERA in 29 relief appearances for Double-A Connecticut, to Milwaukee.
    Thanks Sabean and thanks Padres

MLB ERA

It pains me to know the Giants haven't done much.......pains me

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Joakim Soria could've been a great part of the Padres bullpen, if only Towers didn't let Kansas City grab him in last year's draft.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Speaking of the Rule 5: Look for Carlos Guevara to go. He was 1-2 with a 2.32 ERA and 16 saves at Double-A Chattanooga last season. The Reds left him unprotected. Why? He's only 5-11, 25 years old and he's had some injuries.
    So his flaws are peripheral stuff. I have a feeling DePo had a major hand in getting him.

MLB ERA

I love having Depo in this FO.........another great baseball mind working to build a winner........