Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: holiday never touched home proff...

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: holiday never touched home proff...

That's cause you're in the same boat
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    As someone else pointed out in either this forum or another.......it appeared the pad was sagging down slightly......and had it been taught the ball would have struck it, instead it hit the spot of the sag which ended up being an exposed crossbar........and the result was the ball catapulting back onto the field.....

IMO it was a HR, and they got screwed.........

Does anyone remember if that guy scored or not ?
    No he didn't score, but I think using it as a counter-argument is a shitty stance.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverTouched View Post
    Hey baseball fans,

I'm the guy (you knew that) who put together Matt Holliday never touched the plate. (how else would I have found you here.

Just some brief info about the site. I didn't see the play until late at night when I watched teh replay in Friday's in the Gaslamp. It was so obvious to me that he didn't touch. I expected the media to be all over this blown call but instead they buried it.

What concerned me most was that ESPN and others were saying that the replays were inconclusive and just glossing over the blown call.

I had a few days off and I thought that making a blog about the play would be a nice project to both get the message out that the call was indeed wrong and to help me learn how to use wordpress blogging software.

If you haven't visited the site yet, please do. I'm adding articles daily and posting new clips as well. Soon I'll have vids up with TIMECODES so that you can cite specific frames as well as frame caps up on Flickr.

To the critics that say I need to get a life, please understand that this is a short term project for me to try to establish once and forever that McClelland blew the call. That's my real goal. I have no position on who would have won, who was robbed, etc. I just want to make ESPN eat their words that the replays were inconclusive.

Did you know that ESPN aired two sets of replays? One with full view shots was on on Sportscenter following the game, but the next day they used fewer shots and heavily cropped the ones they did use.

visit my site to find out about it.

Hope you enjoy it and also realize that its just a fun project for me to tackle to stretch some mental muscles.
    Could you please also find an angle from behind the plate?

MLB ERA

LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    It hit the cross bar at top of the chain link fence that the pad was supposed to be covering, and that's why it got such a richochet. Again.....this was easy to spot on a decent TV in HD
    How funny that when I was arguing the same thing and stated the same thing as that SI article I was called a Homer, Idiot, Retard and everything else. All you haters who decided to call me these names can suck it...

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Cause they fear my wrath

jk....... hey sometimes those less fortunate need to hear it twice before they understand........goes to that low IQ post I guess

edit : and shut up homer
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123