View Poll Results: How do you feel about this all-NLWest NLCS matchup?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • It makes me sick to my stomach and I'm going to vomit. Dbags and Rockies? Beuuurgh!

2 22.22%
  • I feel like poking my eyes out with a fork.

1 11.11%
  • I'd rather cut my balls off with a knife than have to sit through this.

2 22.22%
  • At least it's not the Dodgers against the Giants.

4 44.44%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Rockies-Dbags NLCS

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Rockies-Dbags NLCS

I disagree. I thought it was a nice, hard slide by Upton. Runners make slides like that all the time to try to break up double play attempts being turned.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    I disagree. I thought it was a nice, hard slide by Upton. Runners make slides like that all the time to try to break up double play attempts being turned.

no it wasnt. bad slide. he did everything wrong really, as he went to the left, then put up his arm, and then rolled him over. once he threw up his arm, that was the impetus for calling the DP
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

Either way it was a piss poor reaction from the fans.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    Everything up until after the bag was fine. Rolling over with his arm and taking out Matsui is not legal in the Majors anymore dirty .

Rocktober could end up being in the WS

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

it's a good idea to piss off the Rocks right now...........that's going to go very well for the Dbags I'm sure
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I love have no one in the media is taking this series seriously. The Rockies are on a roll hat no one has been on in the history of this sport and no one talks about it. This is ****ing awesome baseball!!

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I love have no one in the media is taking this series seriously. The Rockies are on a roll hat no one has been on in the history of this sport and no one talks about it. This is ****ing awesome baseball!!
    Yep, last week when the Rockies were up 2-0, Tony Kornholer was on PTI and said he expects the Phillies to come back "because I don't know anyone on the other team".

I hope whoever wins this series takes the World Series to show the East Coast snobs that there IS indeed life West of the Mississippi (and East of California).

MLB ERA

You're a ****ing sports analyst Tony, not knowing anyone on the other team doesn't mean they're the inferior team it means you're a shitty sports analyst.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Future All-American
    AA ERA

You guys already addressed this, but my two cents is this is greatest thing to happen in a while because it validates the NLW. As much as I wish it were the Padres, I could nt ask for much more, especially with the way the D-Bags and Rox walked all over the NLC and NLE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hopefully they do the same to whatever worthless AL team makes it to the WS, and I personally hope it's the Rox not only because it validates, FOR ME, the last game they played with the Padres, but Helton has waited a long time and is deserving of a ring, and with the way they are playing right now, they deserve to win a WS.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan View Post
    I think it's going to be another few years before the Padres get close, but that's just my opinion.
    Why do you feel that way, they are getting better IMO, not worse. Some good talent coming up, great pitching will continue. and the sludge merchant may still have a few tricks up his sleave.

Mark my words, Padres will be perennial contenders from this point forward.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    That's a pretty shitty analogy. College basketball doesn't translate into MLB baseball at all.
    I think it's a shitty analogy because being a better team is just relative to a point in time. If a team beats another team, then they were the better team at that point in time. The fact the Rockies have been the better team 18 out of the last 19 games tells me they hit their stride and there may be no stopping them. They may be the best team in MLB at this point in time.

Who's a better runner in a 26 mile race a100 meter dash expert or a marathon runner. Well for the first 100 yards it the sprinter after that it's the marathon runner, in this case guess which one the Rockies are?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg27 View Post
    You guys already addressed this, but my two cents is this is greatest thing to happen in a while because it validates the NLW. As much as I wish it were the Padres, I could nt ask for much more, especially with the way the D-Bags and Rox walked all over the NLC and NLE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hopefully they do the same to whatever worthless AL team makes it to the WS, and I personally hope it's the Rox not only because it validates, FOR ME, the last game they played with the Padres, but Helton has waited a long time and is deserving of a ring, and with the way they are playing right now, they deserve to win a WS.
    Who really gives a **** about the NLW being validated? It's just a lame excuse for your team's shortcomings. The fact that the Rockies and Dbacks are vying for a World Series berth does not logically make the Padres, Dodgers, or Giants appear more respectable in the eyes of AL teams' fans, the East Coast media, etc.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Who really gives a **** about the NLW being validated? It's just a lame excuse for your team's shortcomings. The fact that the Rockies and Dbacks are vying for a World Series berth shouldn't make the Padres, Dodgers, or Giants appear more respectable in the eyes of AL teams' fans, the East Coast media, etc.
    Definitely not the Giants, that's for sure.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Who really gives a **** about the NLW being validated? It's just a lame excuse for your team's shortcomings. The fact that the Rockies and Dbacks are vying for a World Series berth does not logically make the Padres, Dodgers, or Giants appear more respectable in the eyes of AL teams' fans, the East Coast media, etc.
    I do... Get your glasses checked. I clearly stated when I put in all caps, it validates it FOR ME. Do you think I give a flying fuck what your opinion is. That was my opinion about what I think. To see that the Padres took it to 13 innings and lost the game on some questionable calls and Trevors melt down will be more validated when we see how the Rox cut through everyone else like a hot knife through butter. Just makes me wonder what the Padres could have done had they not melted down.

BTW I wasnt refering to the NLW being validated I was refering to the Padres being validated that their 3rd place finish isnt truly indicative of how good a team they were this season. Again in case you missed it, MY OPINION.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast