View Poll Results: Hoffman: not a big game pitcher?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely not a big game pitcher

8 100.00%
  • He's unclutch.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trevor Hoffman: not a big game pitcher?

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Re: Trevor Hoffman: not a big game pitcher?

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    Hoffman has earned ALL OF OUR ETERNAL RESPECT.........
    For what???? Tell me what has he earned our eternal respect for. Staying in San Diego all these years earning save after save after save, and then letting us down when it really mattered?

I havent been a fan as long as you have, so you would be better at answering this than me, but has he ever won a big game when it mattered, and be honest? Didnt he blow a game or two in the 1998 WS??? Didnt he blow last years ASG??? Didnt he blow last weeks game in Milwaukee??? Didnt he blow last nights game???? How many games does he have to blow and not finish?

Why does he deserve our eternal respect? Tell me I really want to know.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Because he's the 2nd greatest Padre in the history of this franchise. He's a 1st ballot HOFer, and spent his whole career here, when he could have left for a much bigger contract and stage a few times. He IS one of the good guys, why that needs explaining to you I'll never know. Nothing else needs to be said. If you need more of an answer than that, then check your fan card at the door.

If you want to talk about the idea of him and retirement, then do so as that conversation has a place these days, but there is NO need to insult one of the local icons, and true baseball good guys.

PERIOD !!!
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA

Trevor is the 2nd biggest San Diego Padres icon in the history of the team, he definitely deserves the respect of Padres fans.

There will be a 51 on top of that green wall in center not too long in the future.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Future All-American
    AA ERA

I just need to take a break from this crap for a couple of days.

I got emotional and turned into one of those people that kicked Trevor while he was down and thats not cool. He has been a great Padre over the years aand while he is not a clutch pitcher, he is a great guy a great pitcher and a beloved and devoted Padre who gave us many great years of himself, so yes I agree he deserves better than what I gave him.

I am still mad, and need to collect myself before commenting more on another great Padre let down...

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Everyone is mad........not sure any Padre fans are happy right now........hell San Diego sports might have had the worst sports weekend in it's history.........
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Jay, like a lot us Padre fans today, we understand why you're pissed off. Trust me, it was hard to find the right words to describe what happened last night to people that wanted to talk about it. Flat out...IT SUCKED!

Scott Hairston came up with, what could have been, one of the biggest HR's all year, but for some reason, when Trevor came in, he didn't have that killer look in his eyes. That look that says "you're not beating me today". He looked mortal, like he wasn't sure of himself at that moment. Once Matsui opened the 13th with a double, I just knew the game wasn't going to end well. He fell behind both Matsui and Tulo, and when that happens, it's very hard to get those kind of hitters out.

Give the Rockies credit, they wanted it and it showed last night. They've got one of the best young offenses in the National League if not in baseball. I think they've got what it takes to get past Philadelphia, and I think, into the World Series, but that's just my opinion.

Look guys, it's been a long 15-16 hours since the end of that ballgame, and I know the anger is going to linger through the playoffs. But, I know we're baseball fans, let's enjoy the hell out of it and hopefully I'll see a few of you during Spring Training in March.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA

The All Star Game? Why'd you include the All Star Game as one of his "big game" blown saves? I always thought big game would mean... you know... important games.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Oh yeah nothing big about being on a national scene with the whole national league depending upon you to close a game so that they can finally win an ASG and get home field advantage through the WS. Nothing big about that.

Hell it's one thing to let your team down, it's another to let the whole National League down, nothing big about that...

Get a clue...

MLB ERA

Apparently, you're retarded, since you think he let down the whole National League.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12