Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Bay available in 2008 according to 1090

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Jason Bay available in 2008 according to 1090

Ok.........so........how 'bout

Chase Headley + 2 prospects for Bay ? So long as Pitt takes on a portion of his salary.......and Bay is still a pretty big bargain

Then sign Rowand to play CF, try to restructure Giles contract down a touch since we're clearing nearly all dead money after this year. Giving us an OF of ...

Bay, Rowand, Giles..........that's some kind of nice nice

with a potential lineup of

Giles
    Rowand
    AGon
    Bay
    Kouz
    Greene
    Bard
    Antonelli
    pitcher

To me this is a stellar lineup........and our bench could look something like...

Hairston
    Blum
    Lane
    Mack
    Ensberg
    Stansberry
    or even MB if he goes super cheap, and is ready around May-ish

MLB Trade Rumors: Pirates Could Shop Jason Bay
    and his availablity is also being reported on 1090
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Re: Jason Bay available in 2008 according to 1090

I think at this point I like Hairston over Bay. Isn't Hairston a younger with more uypside and weren't Bay's numbers pretty average this year?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Agree with the Dawgman. Hairston will do just fine and will be cheaper and possibly produce as much.

MLB ERA

Bay is a legit 30 HR guy.......his year was off yes, due to a knee surgery that nagged him........he's very cheap in the scheme of things......

Hairston is a possible 20 HR guy, that's played a full 1.3 years or so......do I like him yes..........but IMO Bay on a good team, surrounded by a good lineup, would outproduce Hairston by far

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Well than screw Rowand lets go with Bay and Hairston. Or pick up Rowand and Bay and put Hairston at second and let Antonelli be his back up. I just dont want to see him riding the bench.

MLB ERA

the 2nd option is one I've also posed.........Hair/Ant/Blum could lock down 2nd

but I don't see Hair riding pine much.........he would spell Giles 1-2 days a week, and Bay 1-2, getting him a ton of AB's........especially if he's mixed into 2nd time to time

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Now you want Rowand.

MLB ERA

Have for a while.......he's a good fit here now that we need a CFer

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: 2008 Ideas / rumors / trades

Sorry but I doubt you get Bay without giving up Kouzmanoff. Headley isn't that impressive and the Pirates would probably turn Kouz into an OFer. That's if Bay was available which I highly doubt. I'm glad to finally came around on Rowand but there's no chance that the Phillies are going to let him go after their amazing comeback. Not to mention his All Star play. Hunter makes more sense.

AAA ERA

San Diego Media is reporting the Pirates are shopping Bay... We will see how that works out.

I think it would be halarious if the Padres went after bay and perez this offseason bay reportably being shopped and perez a fa i believe. make up for one of the worst trades in padres history.

MLB ERA

Pitt said they were shopping him for a 3bag, or ML ready 3bag.......and Headley is pretty damn impressive......what's not to like about him ? Not that I wouldn't think of moving Kouz for Bay.............but what's not to like about one of the best 3bag prospects in America ?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    Pitt said they were shopping him for a 3bag, or ML ready 3bag.......and Headley is pretty damn impressive......what's not to like about him ? Not that I wouldn't think of moving Kouz for Bay.............but what's not to like about one of the best 3bag prospects in America ?
    These are rumors started in SD just because Bay might have knee surgery and Pittsburgh "might" trade him. And I seriously doubt the first thing the new GM does is get rid of their best player for Chase Headley who is not Major League ready.

MLB ERA

The rumor wasn't started in San Diego.......
    Pitt is shopping him this offseason.....
    Bay already had knee surgery......might have another
    Grady Fusion disagrees with a stoner then......

Pirates Could Shop Jason Bay
    Read between the lines in new Pirate GM Neal Huntington's recent comments, and it certainly seems like the Bucs might consider trading left fielder Jason Bay this winter. Bay wouldn't be surprised to go.

The 29 year-old has experienced by far the worst season of his career this year. After posting OPSs above .900 in his first three seasons, he's down to just .748 this year (.248/.328/.420). He only really looked like himself in May.

Back in December, Bay had arthroscopic knee surgery. However, Bay has said that this has only affected his explosiveness on the basepaths and not his hitting or defense this year. He's missed time in September with tendinitis, but it's been his other knee. Bay's not blaming his health at all for his down year, though he admits he's slowed down. It could be a confidence issue, it could be that he's burnt out on all the losing. It could be a good old-fashioned off-year, similar to those experienced by top comparables Tim Salmon and Dale Murphy.

At an incredibly affordable $5.75MM for '08 and $7.5MM in '09, many teams would love to acquire Bay. He could certainly return to his elite level of 2004-06. He'd be a nice addition for the White Sox, Twins, Padres (his former club), Orioles, Padres, Dodgers, A's, Rangers, Angels...OK, almost any team. I'm guessing the price would be two very good young players, one or both a pitcher. It'll be interesting to see if Huntington makes a blockbuster deal in his first offseason as GM, possibly at the Winter Meetings.

AAA ERA

lol @ Fusion disagrees with a stoner...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    The rumor wasn't started in San Diego.......
    Pitt is shopping him this offseason.....
    Bay already had knee surgery......might have another
    Grady Fusion disagrees with a stoner then......
    Ok it started in Pitt. What started in Pitt? The rumor, key word rumor. No where has Huntington said Bay was available. If he wants to free up money, Wilson will be first to go. They just can't trade their best player who makes peanuts compared to FAs. This will not be his first move, it's business.

I already said Bay might have knee surgery

Wow a guy who makes up shit to sell newspaper disagrees with me. Kind of like you and Zito

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast