Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Padres@Rockies 10/01/07

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Rockies Re: Padres@Rockies 10/01/07

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg27 View Post
    He never touched the ****ing PLATE. That umpire needs to be shot. Thats 2 outs...
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    Holliday definitely never touched the bag, but then again, with the way Hoffman was pitching, he was giving up the game later anyways.

How can you guys be so sure he didn't get a piece of the plate? I've watched it 30 times, some in glorious high def and I can't tell conclusively. Holiday's hand *may* have slipped in under the catcher's foot (his hand was stepped on according to Holiday), and that view from left field sure looks like he might have got the edge of the plate, but I certainly can't tell for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg27 View Post
    Yeah the sad thing about it though is he wasnt safe he was out. That one will go down as an all time biggest missed call. I think the Ump just wanted to go home.
    OK, how about the non-home run, home run? It clearly went over and past the yellow line (silly me, I thought that was your home run mark) and then bounded out.

You got one, and we *may* have got one. I think it evened out in the end, and it was just a fantastic ballgame to watch. All the Padres needed was Hoffman to not go out and pitch like I am capable of, and he didn't. It's too bad, but stuff happens. Hell, Julio tried to give it to you guys as well.

It was an incredibly back and forth game, and I applaud the Padres for their fight.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Re: Padres@Rockies 10/01/07

Quote Originally Posted by Rockiesfan_H View Post
    How can you guys be so sure he didn't get a piece of the plate? I've watched it 30 times, some in glorious high def and I can't tell conclusively. Holiday's hand *may* have slipped in under the catcher's foot (his hand was stepped on according to Holiday), and that view from left field sure looks like he might have got the edge of the plate, but I certainly can't tell for sure.
    Well then get your eye glasses perscription checked because you can clearly see his fingers curling up as they jam into his freaking shoe, not under it, INTO it. Had they gone under his shoe there would have been much more damage to his hand, like it being broken or puncture wounds from the spikes. Take that and add to the fact his face planted into the dirt, he never touched the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockiesfan_H View Post
    OK, how about the non-home run, home run? It clearly went over and past the yellow line (silly me, I thought that was your home run mark) and then bounded out.

You got one, and we *may* have got one. I think it evened out in the end, and it was just a fantastic ballgame to watch. All the Padres needed was Hoffman to not go out and pitch like I am capable of, and he didn't. It's too bad, but stuff happens. Hell, Julio tried to give it to you guys as well.

It was an incredibly back and forth game, and I applaud the Padres for their fight.
    The non HR was a non HR it hit the front of the pole and bounced back in because it didnt clear the rail. The reason why it looked as if it was over the yellow line is because the yellow bag hanging on the pole was sagging down just enough it was on top of the yellow bag, but below the pole on the rail, no home run. Ours went the other way, out of the field yours came in, but I do agree and think we got a call on that HR.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

WOW! Jaydawg just won the homer of the year award!!!! That is ridulous.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Whatever Reefer, if you werent seeing double you would have seen it too.

I'm outta here.

AAA ERA

I agree with J Dawg he didn't touch the plate i got in on my DVR in high def if any of you wanna come to san diego and see it.

even Hawpe was yelling at holiday (who was crying on the ground because he just got a face full of dirt) to go back and touch the plate

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah I'm the biased one because I root for who? Please the ball was clearly a homerun and I don't think, key word think, Holliday touched home either. Whoever thinks a ball ricochets off the yellow padding like that is just kidding themselves. That's why you are being a homer. I can think rationally like I always do.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yes Hawpe was yelling and then stopped when signaled safe. Just like Barrett gave up and didn't say a word.

AAA ERA

as for the yellow padding all ball parks have different rules and the field rules in coors is yellow padding is in play.... there was an article on this i read... their manager wasn't arguing that it hit the padding he was arguing that it went over and bounced back in. I will do my best to find the article.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It hit the damn railing above the yellow padding! That's a homerun or at least should have been but wasn't It was a double. Life went on.

AAA ERA

i agree with you bottom line is this... it sucks.. but the better team won.

Colorado wanted it more plain and simple.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    It hit the damn railing above the yellow padding! That's a homerun or at least should have been but wasn't It was a double. Life went on.
    Thats exactly what happened and it's my opinon that it is not a homerun, because the padding is not a fixed line, it can become lose and sag, and thus lower the actual home run line, which is what I was arguing it was doing. I think the fix would be to lose the stupid padding and paint the stupid rail it's connected to yellow, if it hits and goes back in, it didnt clear the line, if it hits and goes into the stand HR.

For that I guess you label me the Homer of the Year... Thought you were better than that reef.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Listen to yourself! If it hit over the yellow padding then it is a homerun period! It's not a matter of opinion, those are the ground rules. You were being such a homer that everything went against you and nothing against the Rockies.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

and you refuse to acknowledge what I am trying to say. If the zip tie that is holding the padding to the rail snaps and the padding is hanging 3 feet under the rail instead of on it like it is supposed to be, and the ball hits the top of the pad is it still a homerun even though it went over a yellow line that is 3 feet below where it is supposed to be?

My point again was get rid of the stupid moveable pad and paint the imovable rail yellow because that is the true standard of height for a HR or not, not the yellow Pad. With that said the ball did not go over the imovable rail, it hit it and came back into play.

You can say what you want, if the field rules are over the yellow pad then it's a flawed rule, it should be the rail IN MY OPINION, which the ball did not clear, and therefore I think the umpos got it right.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The railing is behind the yellow padding is my whole point. I cannot believe you are honestly arguing over a freaking imaginary zip tie. The rules are rules. Both teams got breaks. This is a dead issue as the Rockies won the game. You are stretching bro.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast