Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jason Bay available in 2008 according to 1090

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Re: 2008 Ideas / rumors / trades

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    The new Pirates GM would have to be an absolute moron to move Bay as one of his first acts. Bay is their money maker. Bay is the main reason Pirate fans come out to see them. And I don't see them trading for a guy who isn't ML ready. It doesn't make baseball sense or business sense to trade this guy. You want to shed some payroll, trade Wilson and shoot the guy who just left you with Morris' contract. As for Fukedome, I have no clue about this guy.
    First off, below is a link on the Jason Bay trade rumors, so, this may have some teeth.
    MLB Trade Rumors: Pirates Could Shop Jason Bay

2nd, here's an article where the Pirates' new GM Neil Huntington made some pretty pointed comments about "rebuilding" and "relocating". Jason Bay also had his own comments in this piece.
    Will Pirates take from main roster to finance development?
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan View Post
    First off, below is a link on the Jason Bay trade rumors, so, this may have some teeth.
    MLB Trade Rumors: Pirates Could Shop Jason Bay

2nd, here's an article where the Pirates' new GM Neil Huntington made some pretty pointed comments about "rebuilding" and "relocating". Jason Bay also had his own comments in this piece.
    Will Pirates take from main roster to finance development?
    Read the article days ago and no where did he say Bay was on the block. I said it was a rumor and just that but again it's from a guy who is trying to sell newspapers. Bay answered questions and seemed to me like he was looking forward to staying. Look I have no problem with you guys making up trade scenarios and all that but at least make them realistic. I comment to show my point of view and if it just so unrealistic I tell you why. Whether you turn it into an argument or not is up to you guys. I voice my opinion and get scorned for it. Don't like, don't respond to it. It's not like I am going to comeback four days later and say "I guess you guys didn't have anything to say about my comment". If you respond with something backing you up rather than just you are arguing just to argue bullshit or repeating what I say then fighting about for three pages, I will be fine with that. Look at my offseason wantsa and needs. I give you both sides of it. Why it could wrok and why it couldn't. Pretty reasonable.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Nobody said Bay was on the block..........it was said that there are rumors he might be shopped.......christ man...........IT'S A ****ING RUMOR.........NOTHING ELSE........

If you don't wish to discuss this...........STOP POSTING AND RUINING OUR THREADS
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It only gets ruined by crying like you do. I stated my case, stated it was a rumor and stated why it is just that. If you would like to discuss my views then do so. Otherwise quit crying. Nobody likes it.

MLB ERA

make your case

You didnt make a case for anything..........you were wrong again, and now are trying to find a way out........again.........

Reefer said there is no rumor about Bay being shopped.......wrong
    Reefer said Headley is unimpressive......lmfao.........wrong

Those were the two topics that were being discussed.......you were wrong on both...........own it..........in fact why don't you just stop posting in the Padres forum.........nobody would miss you !

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

It only gets ruined by crying like you do. I stated my case, stated it was a rumor and stated why it is just that. If you would like to discuss my views then do so. Otherwise quit crying. Nobody likes it.
    Everything is rumored, Reefer, until a trade is made, it'll always be a rumor. I'm not arguing that point, I simply posted 2 articles that referenced that Bay could be on the trade block and what the new Pirates' GM said about rebuilding and possibly allocating their money to the farm system.

Could the Padres look in that direction, absolutely, especially with Milton Bradley out until May, IF he's even signed back by the Padres. Do you want Scott Hairston to be your every day left fielder, that's questionable. Think about it, Reefer, the Padres have a young 3rd baseman in Chase Headley, who they could dangle in front of the Pirates for Bay and I'm sure they would at least give it a thought, don't you?
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sorry but you are the one who is wrong. I never said there was not a rumor about Bay. I did in fact say Headley was not impressive. What I should have said was that he is not MLB ready. He's not impressive as bait to get Bay. I am in fact making my case but you keep crying and then repeating what I say and try to argue with me just like you did in the previous post.
    Nobody said Bay was on the block..........it was said that there are rumors he might be shopped.......christ man...........IT'S A ****ING RUMOR.........NOTHING ELSE........

If you don't wish to discuss this...........STOP POSTING AND RUINING OUR THREADS
    These are rumors? Really? Did I know that? Yes because I have said it over and over. Then I made my case for why he these rumors are just that..rumors. I cannot believe a grown man cries over the simplest things as much as you do. From now on you are known as "Crybaby". Maybe "Repeat" would better be suited.

Read poast #42 again and if you still have problems then there is no hope for you. Please start talking baseball again! I beg of you!!!!

MLB ERA

It's like I said, rumors are rumors and you have to take them for just that.

But, in the meantime, nobody loses a liver if in the end people discussed possibilities surrounding what ends up being a bumkus rumor.

Nothing derails an offseason baseball thread quicker than someone bringing up the validity of rumors posted in it.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Sorry but you are the one who is wrong. I never said there was not a rumor about Bay. I did in fact say Headley was not impressive. What I should have said was that he is not MLB ready. He's not impressive as bait to get Bay. I am in fact making my case but you keep crying and then repeating what I say and try to argue with me just like you did in the previous post.

I disagree with you on a few points there Reefer. Grady Fuson seems to think Headley can possibly make the Padres out of ST next season, I think he knows more about that than rest of us, it is his job after all. The 2 times he's been up with the Padres, he's shown that he has unbelievable plate discipline and I think he could hold his own in the bigs next season and for many seasons to come. Do I want to trade Headley? No, I'd rather move him to left field and have both him and Kouz in the lineup together. It makes the Padres' lineup, that much more formidable.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Nothing derails a thread quicker than LTR
    There corrected it for you

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan View Post
    Everything is rumored, Reefer, until a trade is made, it'll always be a rumor. I'm not arguing that point, I simply posted 2 articles that referenced that Bay could be on the trade block and what the new Pirates' GM said about rebuilding and possibly allocating their money to the farm system.

Could the Padres look in that direction, absolutely, especially with Milton Bradley out until May, IF he's even signed back by the Padres. Do you want Scott Hairston to be your every day left fielder, that's questionable. Think about it, Reefer, the Padres have a young 3rd baseman in Chase Headley, who they could dangle in front of the Pirates for Bay and I'm sure they would at least give it a thought, don't you?
    Thank you Frm for being so civil. Some find it hard for some reason. I agree about rumors but some make sense and some don't. Pads should look for a big bat and they will. Headley is good but does nothing for the Pirates next season. Why trade Bay for a guy who is not MLB ready. I said Kouzmanoff would be more attractive than Headley and that would in fact be better for the Pads. Kouz is MLB ready as he has already shown. The Pirates would have to be blown away for Bay. He is their star, their draw, their pretty much everything.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    It's like I said, rumors are rumors and you have to take them for just that.

But, in the meantime, nobody loses a liver if in the end people discussed possibilities surrounding what ends up being a bumkus rumor.

Nothing derails an offseason baseball thread quicker than someone bringing up the validity of rumors posted in it.
    My point exactly!!!! I have said since my first post it was a rumor. Crybabies have to start crying and not talk baseball.

MLB ERA

Headley is ML ready........that was his point........Grady Fuson knows more than you.......listen to him it might do you good

By the way.........you were told this yesterday as well

MLB ERA

Crybabies

We show you to be wrong, and a clown ........and we're crying now

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

When? Please tell me when you showed me to be wrong Crybaby! You cry at everything. I show you to be wrong and you keep going!! Anyway you were wrong about anyone telling me he was ML ready. It certainly wasn't you and it wasn't Fuson's article which doesn't mention Headley once or at least the one posted in this thread. Fuson also said the bait for Bay would be a pitcher or two. Again quot coming after me because it never works and is the sole reason threads get off track. Everyone else is civil but you Crybaby.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast