Thread: Bonds told by Giants he's not returning in 08

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Bonds told by Giants he's not returning in 08

This was just reported on 1090.........saying it's on Bonds Fox blog........evidently he's done in SF.......

September 21, 2007

Dear Fans,

This journal will be one of my last entries as a San Francisco Giant. Yesterday, I was told by the Giants that they will not be bringing me back for the 2008 season. During the conversation with Peter McGowan I was told that my play this year far exceeded any expectations the Giants had, but that the organization decided this year would be my last season in San Francisco. Although I am disappointed, I've always said baseball is a business -- and I respect their decision. However, I am saddened and upset that I was not given an earlier opportunity to properly say goodbye to you, my fans, and celebrate with the city throughout the season as I truly believe this was not a last minute decision by the Giants, but one that was made some time ago. I don't have nor do I want any ill feelings towards the organization, I just wish I had known sooner so we had more time to say our goodbyes and celebrate the best 15 years of my life.

I consider the City of San Francisco and you, the fans, my family. Thank you for loving me and supporting me throughout all the highs and lows. I feel a deep connection with you as I have grown up with all of you since the days my dad first became a Giant. The Bay Area has loved my family and friends for so many years and I thank you for that. It is now a time for change, as many athletes have experienced. It is comforting to know that those who have come before me -- Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, to name a few -- have forever remained in the hearts of the fans, as I know I will too.

During my career as a Giant, so many people made significant impressions on my life. I'd like to thank all my past and current teammates. I've had the opportunity to play with some amazingly talented ballplayers who have treated me with respect, supported me and rooted for me throughout the years. Mike Murphy, our devoted Equipment Manager, used to baby-sit me as a little boy at Candlestick Park. There are no words to describe the love and respect I have for him. Mike Krukow and Duane Kuiper are the two best broadcasters in the business. Their professionalism, integrity and love for the game, puts them in a league of their own. I thank them for their support and I'm honored to call them friends. It is also important to thank all the men and women behind the scenes at the stadium who come to work every day and make it possible for us all to enjoy a day at the ballpark. I love walking to clubhouse hearing their "hellos" every day.

I would have loved nothing more than to retire as a Giant in the place where I call home and have shared so many momentous moments with all of you, but there is more baseball in me and I plan on continuing my career. My quest for a World Series ring continues.

Until next time,

Barry Bonds
    The Official Site of Major League Baseball: bonds: Events
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Bonds told by Giants he's not returning in 08

Giants already suck ass with him, now they'll suck even more ass without him.

MLB ERA

Unless ARod opts and they fork over 30M/year

Then they might not suck so much ass

MLB ERA

Bonds has to start showing his age sometime, I'd rather that have been in a Giants uniform.

In the meantime, this gives them the room to blow their financial wads on A-Rod should he opt out.

I am not a fan of this news.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It won't get us ARod but it will get some much needed help. No one could replace Bonds and what he has done here but Sabean can get guys who will help the offense. We have the starting pitching and that's a great start. This rebuilding process will not take long if done correctly. Shutting down Lincecum was a good start as well. Sabean has to find out how to get rid of guys like Durham and Roberts. He definitely has his work cut out for him.

Every Giants fan knew this was coming. Bonds has already shown his age which is why he is going bye bye.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    This rebuilding process will not take long if done correctly.
    This is where it might get a little fuzzy for your FO........but then again, they could surprise everyone too

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Matt Morris trade.

MLB ERA

Matt Morris signing ?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Two years too late? I'm trying to be a little more recent. He pulled off a miracle and will have to do the same with Durham and Roberts. Now they are talking about a multi year deal for Feliz so maybe the rebuilding just won't happen at all

MLB ERA

Roberts you might be able to dump, and only eat a small part........Durham......not so sure

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I wonder if we can do the same for Bochy