Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Astros@Padres 8/17/07-8/19/07

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Astros@Padres 8/17/07-8/19/07

Boy, when Woody Williams can limit you to a few hits and one run, you know things are going the wrong way. If there is a pitcher out there who the Padres know his stuff and how he pitches, its Woody.

Woody is a crafty veteran but one run on this guy es no bueno. I think Jake is thinking right now, what do I have to do. The lack of offense is going to even make it easier for him to leave unfortunately. If you dont think hes thinking that right now, I am sorry. He is the ultimate gamer and he is pissed. yes pissed bad, really bad. But he did his thing with 11 strike-outs. Another great start goes down as a no-decision and a loss. Wow, I know ive said this before, but these games are getting boringggg. I dont even go to the games lately and I work downtown and have free tix.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

OH MY GOD...........We're not going to be 162-0.........we suck and the FO is lame.....things aren't going the right way........

Run Moores out of town, and have him take the Padres with him.......

LAME !!!
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mooreofthesame View Post
    I think Jake is thinking right now, what do I have to do. The lack of offense is going to even make it easier for him to leave unfortunately. If you dont think hes thinking that right now, I am sorry. He is the ultimate gamer and he is pissed. yes pissed bad, really bad. But he did his thing with 11 strike-outs. Another great start goes down as a no-decision and a loss. Wow, I know ive said this before, but these games are getting boringggg. I dont even go to the games lately and I work downtown and have free tix.

Dude, we're not doing this again. Jake is the ultimate teammate, you have NO IDEA what he feels or even what he says off camera, so let's not start that crap again.

Jake is going to be a Padre for a long time to come, you seem the be the only one that doesn't see that. The Front Office knows they have to make a lot of changes during the offseason and I think they'll make the necessary changes. You know what's funny, I'm not going to be all that broken up if they don't make the playoffs, the way Arizona is playing, they deserve it.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA

I, for one, have talked to Jake in person. (don't believe me, click here) Although, when I say I "talked to him in person" what I really mean is I listened to him converse with his cousin for awhile, while throwing in my 2 cents here and there.

Jake did not mention anything in the 30 minutes or so we were talking to him that indicated that he has ill feelings towards Padres management.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Boy Leo, you look like a bum off the streets, while he's all nice and clean-shaven.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan View Post
    Dude, we're not doing this again. Jake is the ultimate teammate, you have NO IDEA what he feels or even what he says off camera, so let's not start that crap again.

Jake is going to be a Padre for a long time to come, you seem the be the only one that doesn't see that. The Front Office knows they have to make a lot of changes during the offseason and I think they'll make the necessary changes. You know what's funny, I'm not going to be all that broken up if they don't make the playoffs, the way Arizona is playing, they deserve it.
    FmrFresnan...

Boy the irony is killing me here. Read todays UT sports section's top story. I think you can starting that plate of crow.........(NOW)

SignOnSanDiego.com > San Diego Padres -- Peavy expects to be ex-Padre by 2010

I guess maybe I do know what I am saying.

And so much for your, "Jake is going to be a Padre for a long time to come, you seem the be the only one that doesn't see that."

I expect an apology, but don't feel you have to do it today.

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

FINALLY....for the first time, you actually backed yourself up. This is what we've been asking you to do this entire time.

Now , on to Jake. This is the first time I've seen him this outspoken. In my opinion, it's about time that Jake was outspoken. He's the face of this franchise, and for him to call out the front office like that I think was very warranted. He made some pointed comments about them not being committed to winning a championship.

The great thing about that article is, he was right on with every comment he made and, I for one, am proud of him for stepping up as a leader and questioning what's going on.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA

[rant]
    I must say, I'm getting tired of reading crap like this from sports players in general. We heard it with Drew Brees and now with Jake.

“I hope it's not the case,..."

“I am not looking to break the bank. I'm not saying I want a huge payday. I'm going to ask for what's fair. And although I hope it happens here,..."

“I've got to say, the Padres have helped set me up better than I could have ever dreamed. They have given my family security. And I'm proud to be a Padre."

Please save me all of that "I really want to remain a Padre" stuff if you're going to let money keep you from staying here....especially if you're also putting yourself on record that your family already has financial security (as they should with the contract you have)

I'm sure the Padres would be willing to give Jake a fair offer (by "fair" I don't mean whatever the insane market dictates because of what other owners who can afford higher payrolls choose to give their players....I mean a contract that's "fair" in regards to somebody who's already financially set playing a sport for millions of dollars.)

If you want a market value contract then just be up front about it and tell us (the public) that the money is more important to you and save us all this "I really want to remain with the Padres" mumbo jumbo.

[/end rant]
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Immediately I thought of Tom Glavine.
    The Braves couldn't have done anymore for him than they did........and yet he left for New York for an extra years contract.How much money do these guys need?Does loyalty "from" the Team mean nothing anymore?
    I know it's a business.I know the Team releases guys when it's in the best interest of the Team.But when you're talking about a franchise player,in his prime,you'd think he would try to stay with the Team who took a chance drafting him and helped develop him.It's not like he won't get a fair offer from the Padres!
    And there are times to talk about where you "might" be playing in TWO years,and in the middle of a pennant race when you're under contract for two more years isn't the time.Jake can make his point about wanting the Org. to be committed to winning without threatening to not be a Padre in two years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12