Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Again, we need another #2 arm

AAA ERA

Jake FREAKING Peavy

I watch that game on MLB EI last night. That kid can deal. 28 batters faced? Are you kidding me?

Outstanding.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Yah.......NO F-ing way on the trade of Peavy....lol.....there isn't anyone out there worth a Peavy right now, hell there aren't two guys out there worth Peavy right now....... IMO ....

As far as making a deal now for an arm, I sure don't agree with it being "rash", in fact I think it's very smart. Why wait to do what we all know needs to be done? There are teams that would be willing to deal if the right combo was put together.....Billy Beane is very close to Sandy Alderson, and for the right guys, I think they would seriously entertain the deal ( Zito that is ). Getting the arm now would allow us to pull away before the allstar break instead of hanging around and then having to battle teams for the guys out there.
    Making a deal is going to cost us for sure......but let me ask you this guys.......Is Nady really going to be a Padre come contract time ? He is a Boras kid, and will be looking for crazy money ! If Nady pulls a Peavy and fires Boras, then we should sign him right away, but I'm just not sure he's on the list of our future guys anymore, so if that's the case why not deal him now to a team that would love to have a guy like him.......and for the record.....I love having Nady out there, and would hate to see him go.....unless it's to upgrade our pitching staff.....

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

why is it that any player who shows an ounce of greatness is slated to go to the Yankmees? PLEEZE....

Another complete game tonight.........great work. It looks like BLaw performed a fitting encore to Peavys performance from last night. Let's hope they can keep the momentum going. They have been hitting well too. I haven't actually counted but what is it.......like 85 hits in the last 4 games?????
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

AA ERA
    I always love watching Lawrence pitch. He is so underrated.

rdr: You should have mentioned the Red Sox with the Yankees when you mentioned any player who shows an ounce of greatness.

MLB ERA
    Ya think Steak? I hear the Spanks more than anyone else. Why doesn't someone say something like oh, Clint Barmes is having a kick ass year let's send him to Kansas City?
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    I think you misunderstood me when I said the move would be rash. If they were able to make a trade for Zito today, then by all means go for it. What I meant by "rash" was this. Going off the assumption that my ascertation of whether or not Beane would trade Zito right now is correct, it would be rash to settle for the "next best thing" and go out and make a move now for someone else because Zito's not available yet, rather than waiting the month or so for Zito to go on the market. What I was saying is, i'd rather wait a month and get Zito than to settle for someone else.

If you are right and Beane would go ahead and trade Zito now, rather than later, then by all means make the move now...I just don't see Zito being available just yet.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    Ya think Steak? I hear the Spanks more than anyone else. Why doesn't someone say something like oh, Clint Barmes is having a kick ass year let's send him to Kansas City?
    Clint is going thorugh enough in Denver. Let's not have him go senile by playing with the Royals. I wouldn't mind having a guy like Clint in the Twins.

MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    I think you misunderstood me when I said the move would be rash. If they were able to make a trade for Zito today, then by all means go for it. What I meant by "rash" was this. Going off the assumption that my ascertation of whether or not Beane would trade Zito right now is correct, it would be rash to settle for the "next best thing" and go out and make a move now for someone else because Zito's not available yet, rather than waiting the month or so for Zito to go on the market. What I was saying is, i'd rather wait a month and get Zito than to settle for someone else.

If you are right and Beane would go ahead and trade Zito now, rather than later, then by all means make the move now...I just don't see Zito being available just yet.

I got 'cha........I agree.....settling is not the answer for sure.......I'm going on what I hear from K. Towers mouth in interviews on 1090 here in SD. He's said that Beane and Alderson are close, and they've chatted about Zito's future, and Beane didn't dismiss the converstation at all.......that's not a quote of course, but it's pretty close to what was said. He then went on to say that he'd like to get the deal done before the allstar break if possible. I know that's all hearsay, and nothing is in stone, however it's nice to hear KT say this out loud.

So it sounds like we're thinking the same direction, just took different routes to get there......

also.........Good Job Eaton.........way to out pitch SF's ace

MLB ERA

Padres

Ok people.......I waited until the entire series was over to say it again, and since there are no new topic threads posted......... WE NEED ANOTHER FRONTLINE #2 ARM ......Eaton pitched well, Woody did ok in very limited action......but Darrell May is crap rolled in crap covered with crap........we should have been able to split this series at the least but we didn't have the starting pitching to deal with an injury plagued Cubs team......this is a very real problem.... Come on KT dont' wait until our lead is gone to make the move many of us know is needed....sheesh

Are there only a few of us that see this problem ?

MLB ERA

Padres

Hey padrefan........talk to the hand..... cuz no one is listening....

MLB ERA

Padres

LOL........ yah...........just like Moores and Towers.....especially after that article that was printed where Moores said we're standing pat on salary ............ this is our team unless a trade for salary can be made this blows.........

MLB ERA

Padres

Actually Moores and Towers were the ones I was referring to.....you might as well be talking to the hand right?

MLB ERA
    I'm ready to bite that hand that isn't feeding us

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Jared Weaver could've been the future #2 arm for the Pads. But Moores didn't feel like investing in bonus money.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    Ok people.......I waited until the entire series was over to say it again, and since there are no new topic threads posted......... WE NEED ANOTHER FRONTLINE #2 ARM ......Eaton pitched well, Woody did ok in very limited action......but Darrell May is crap rolled in crap covered with crap........we should have been able to split this series at the least but we didn't have the starting pitching to deal with an injury plagued Cubs team......this is a very real problem.... Come on KT dont' wait until our lead is gone to make the move many of us know is needed....sheesh

Are there only a few of us that see this problem ?
    I really dislike this mindset, it makes it seem like Towers has zero intentions on improving the 1st place team he has thus far put together. There might be a culprit here, and if there is it's Moores, but Towers is NOT the culprit. I'm sure he realizes there's an issue, but it takes two teams to make a trade and we have no idea what Towers is doing and who he's been talking to. I am not going to gripe about him not doing anything unless nothing is done by the deadline. And even then, I won't take the "you sat on your hands, knew we had a problem, and did nothing" stance, I will take the "you failed in any attempt you may have taken to fix the issue, so you're obviously not completely doing your job right" stance. To insinuate Towers is just looking at the situation and doing nothing because he either could care less or is just too dumb to realize it is just assinine.

BTW, May is out of the rotation, so griping about him is a moot point. (and you obviously made this post after Woody came back, which means May being out of the roation without even making a trade should've been the obvious conclusion...especially after his last start)

BTW, 9-1, 3.18 ERA....what exactly does Eaton have to do before you finally consider him a "frontline #2 arm"? Eaton's even pitching better than, dare I say it, Peavy as of late....

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Jared Weaver could've been the future #2 arm for the Pads. But Moores didn't feel like investing in bonus money.
    Arte Moreno couldn't even sign Jared Weaver, you think Towers and Moores could've gotten any realistic deal done with him? I'm not stating i'm pleased with the Matt Bush pick, (and I don't know enough about the Ceasars to put any kind've real opinion on them), but i'm glad they passed on Jared Weaver. That is, unless, he fired Bora$$
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast