Thread: My thoughts on Petco

My thoughts on Petco

That park is freaking great. I love the fact that its in the middle of the gaslamp quarter. Unfortunately we got there later than we hoped and didnt get to drink the cheap beer and eat the cheep food. I saw signs for a beer and a hot dog for 5 bucks, or a beer and a burger for 7. That would have been great to have gotten there earlier...I probably would have saved myself about 20 bucks. Outside the stadium there were hot women everywhere, which was also a plus.

I liked the tram, considering parking is 20 bucks at petco. We parked at qualcomm for free and took the 20-30 minute ride to the stadium. Considering traffic it probably would have taken just as long and been more expensive to park anywhere else.

The view from our seats was good. I sat in the toyota terrace in aisle 213 I think it was. The food was decent. The hot dog was big...but for 9 bucks it'd better be...though it had sort of a funny taste. the fries were good and the peanuts were lousy. The selection of beer wasn't quite what I had hoped but thats OK. I liked my seats a lot, but I dont think I'd pay 50 bucks for them.

My only complaints, aside from the somewhat below average selection of beer and busted PA system, was the seats seemed a little crowded and crunched together, and I couldnt find the screen that displayed pitchers stats anywhere. The seats were at a diagonal which maybe was the reason why they seemed crunched together...I lost armrest space on the left side because of the diagonal set up.

All in all, I cant wait for the next dodger series at Petco because I cant wait to go back. Next time I will get there earlier so I can have some time to enjoy the area surrounding it.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Re: My thoughts on Petco

Dude that was one of the most confusing posts I have ever read, you said the stadium was great then you ripped every aspect of it from cramped seats, bad PA, expensive food, cant see the right score board, poor selection of beer, weird tasting hot dogs, etc...

What was so great about it other than the hot chicks on the outside...

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The ballpark is great. The food is expensive and lousy at Dodger Stadium also, so there's really no point in complaining about the food.

The parking sucks, however. If the ballpark's parking lot is full, you have to find an available tiny lot behind an apartment building and still pay $20 to park there.

I joined in the standing ovation for Hoffman when he came into the game. Dude is an icon. However, the cheers were soon replaced by "It's Trevortime" taunts from Dodger fans after Hoffman blew the save.

MLB ERA

The parking sucks, however. If the ballpark's parking lot is full, you have to find an available tiny lot behind an apartment building and still pay $20 to park there.
    That's pretty much the case with any downtown stadium, but as fetters pointed out, just use the trolley.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg27 View Post
    Dude that was one of the most confusing posts I have ever read, you said the stadium was great then you ripped every aspect of it from cramped seats, bad PA, expensive food, cant see the right score board, poor selection of beer, weird tasting hot dogs, etc...

What was so great about it other than the hot chicks on the outside...
    You're right. that was a pretty lousy post....thats what hangovers do to me sometimes. I dont think very clearly.

The park is great because it was a beautiful park with a nice view. The location is probably the biggest plus because of everything going on outside the stadium.

the things I complained about are greatly outweighed by the ambience in the surrounding area and the fact that the park is easy on the eyes...but I didnt make that very clear in my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    I joined in the standing ovation for Hoffman when he came into the game. Dude is an icon. However, the cheers were soon replaced by "It's Trevortime" taunts from Dodger fans after Hoffman blew the save.

I didnt join in the ovation for Hoffman. I stood up because everyone else did and I couldnt see...but the guy wears a Padres jersey so you'll never see me cheer for him

Going into the ninth inning I figured "well, if we're going to lose at least I get to see the Hells Bells show" Turns out I got the best of both worlds

It was pretty cool to see him come in and the song playing on the fixed PA system...but the crowd still wasnt half as loud as Dodger fans were when Gagne used to come into the game

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Well, I meant that I stood up when I said I joined in the ovation. Still, at least Hoffman plays for a So Cal team and he doesn't wear a Diamondbacks or a Giants jersey. It's still weird that Luis Gonzalez is wearing a Dodger uniforum.

Future All-American
    AA ERA

Has this turned into an anti-padres forum??? Did I miss something?

MLB ERA

No, it's just two Dodgers fans talking about their experience at PetCo

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

[QUOTE=realmofotalk;276682]
    QUOTE]

Parking near Petco is a breeze.......It always cracks me up to hear anyone complain about it, because to me it means you're new and not from around here. There are so many lots, and we use one that is 2 blocks away from a gate and pay $10, and have yet to not find a spot. This is a 6 story parking garage with two elevators. We've shown up hours before, and minutes before and never had a problem. Do some research, know where you're going, and you'll have no problem parking for a game at Petco, or if you're just going downtown
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA

True. If you've routinely parked at PetCo you know where to go.

I'm sure it's all the same in Cleveland. (Downtown park and all)

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

It sure was in Detroit......by the way I'm hitting up Tiger stadium in August.....we may take a (long) day trip to Chicago to catch a chisox or cubs game too.....
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres