Padres Braves @ Padres Series May 16 - May 18

Next Game: Mon., May 16 @ 7:05 p.m. PT

Thomson
    3-2, 3.55

@

Stauffer
    1-0, 3.00
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    First time getting to see Stauffer pitch and I am impressed. Rough start but has settled down so far here in the 4th.

Rookie ERA
    Pads get 3 in the 8th to take a 2 run lead!!!! Trevor Time!!!

Rookie ERA
    Pads win!!!! Thats 7 wins in a row at home.

MLB ERA
    argg dont enjoy being is first place too long

btw i wouldnt be surprised if you guys won the division

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Sharing first place with the AZ team and 1.5 games up on the Dogs....but I'm not gonna gloat.....things can turn around quickly......

That was a great game. Stauffer pitched well. It looks like the Pads are doing a comeback for record setting wins again with the late inning rallies. That was a great bunt by Burroughs in the 8th inning rally. I haven't been able to watch too much this month but it surely seems as though they have gotten over the Petco mental block shock (13-4) and gotten from under the funk they were in. They look more solid and confident than they did in April.
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

AA ERA
    Good win against a good team in the Braves.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    It's amazing how much of a difference there is in a team that isn't making errors every game....the level of play has become very solid, the bats are showing up, and the fundamentals are being played out.........when these things happen you give yourself a chance in every game you play in. Cudo's to the Padres, you're making a nice run.....keep up the solid level of play and everything else will fall into place. What I like the most is that we're not blowing teams up, we're just playing steady paced ball. Keeping ourselves close until we can knock out the starter and get to the bullpen, then we eat up opposing relief....... Way to go guys !!

I'd also like to take a second to say that I was one of the guys hammering Klesko early on.........He's doing a great job so far this year.......a few bumps in the field but overall his D isn't that bad, and his bat is surely showing up so far this year.....Good Job Ryan, now go slap Nevin around would ya ??

MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    What I like the most is that we're not blowing teams up, we're just playing steady paced ball.
    padrefan, what can we nickname this type of play? Petco small ball, Petco play, win method (LOL),......I don't know I'm not very creative that way......

This is exactly the type of baseball that Petco demands. It seems like most everybody has finally gotten that through their heads [Nevin ]. With a few improvements and more consistent, solid playing, we should be on track for taking the division.

padrefan, I have to tell you that in one of your posts from the end of April, you mentioned taking a month off from the Pads. Of course, none of us could ever REALLY take a month off, but I paid less attention (mostly due to not having access to games), and viola, they did a turn around. I was really worried about how they came out in April. But hey, that is all history now.....onward and upward.....

GO PADS!!!!!

MLB ERA

Padres

Next Game: Tue., May 17 @ 7:05 p.m. PT

Smoltz
    3-3, 3.10

@

May
    0-0, 5.19

MLB ERA
    great win

argg/crud you guys are now in 1st place

MLB ERA

Padres

[QUOTE=riverdunesrat][COLOR=Purple]padrefan, what can we nickname this type of play? Petco small ball, Petco play, win method (LOL),......I don't know I'm not very creative that way......

Yeah I know I threatened to take a month off.......but it's really hard too when they actually start playing fundamental ball which if I'm not mistaken was the reason for the potential leave of abscense to begin with.

How 'bout we call this style of play "Boneyard Ball" since we're burying the remains of the teams that dare to compete with us in Petco.

MLB ERA

Padres

Next Game: Wed., May 18 @ 12:35 p.m. PT

Ramirez
    2-2, 3.47

@

Eaton
    5-1, 3.42

MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    How 'bout we call this style of play "Boneyard Ball" since we're burying the remains of the teams that dare to compete with us in Petco.
    Not sure about that name, seems you are way more optimistic than I am. I'm not sure we have enough remains buried yet to lay claim to that name. But hey, think positive right? What are they at home now 15-4, that is a very good start.

Last nights game was another late inning comeback. Today we're going for the WHOO HOOO......

MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    Not sure about that name, seems you are way more optimistic than I am. I'm not sure we have enough remains buried yet to lay claim to that name. But hey, think positive right? What are they at home now 15-4, that is a very good start.

Last nights game was another late inning comeback. Today we're going for the WHOO HOOO......

Well lets think of it as a double ontondra that way if they are losing it could be equated to Petco the store, and if they are winning it's a graveyard for the remains of teams that dared to come into our house.....how's that ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast