Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictions for 2007

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I don't see the division winner winning 4-5 games more than last year because this division is far more competitive than 06. 90 games tops.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    From the Padres standpoint I see us winning more home games than last year...I see our road record being very similar......so I think we could make those games up inside of Petco...
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Whenever the Dodgers spend a lot in the offseason, they go on to have a mediocre or losing season.
    Doesn't sound all that bad to me.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1. Diamondbacks - I think new blood will take over the division. Conor Jackson, Stephen Drew, Carlos Quentin, and Chad Tracy is a scary middle of the order of a lineup.

2. Padres - The question marks about the team have already been mentioned here.

3. Dodgers - G.M. Ned Colletti's free spending offseason provokes some bad memories of Kevin Malone and Paul DePodesta.

4. Giants - Sorry, but is anyone who is not a Giants fan supposed to be afraid of Pedro Feliz and Rich Aurilia batting behind Bonds?

5. Rockies - Jeff Francis is an ace and Aaron Cook is decent, but then the rest of the starters are Rodrigo Lopez, Josh Fogg, and Bung Hole Kim.

Padres Fan In The UK
    Rookie ERA

Padres

It gonna be between the Padres and the Dodgers and as like last year, we're gonna be NL west Champs

Padres Fan In The UK
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan View Post
    Doesn't sound all that bad to me.
    Yep, that sounds fine by me

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    1. Diamondbacks - I think new blood will take over the division. Conor Jackson, Stephen Drew, Carlos Quentin, and Chad Tracy is a scary middle of the order of a lineup.

2. Padres - The question marks about the team have already been mentioned here.

3. Dodgers - G.M. Ned Colletti's free spending offseason provokes some bad memories of Kevin Malone and Paul DePodesta.

4. Giants - Sorry, but is anyone who is not a Giants fan supposed to be afraid of Pedro Feliz and Rich Aurilia batting behind Bonds?

5. Rockies - Jeff Francis is an ace and Aaron Cook is decent, but then the rest of the starters are Rodrigo Lopez, Josh Fogg, and Bung Hole Kim.
    Giants fans are very afraid of Feliz hitting period. Rather have Aurilia than Feliz hitting. When it takes a guy close to 600 ABs to hit 20 homers and still is considered to have power by management, we get scared. Also, I can't see the DBacks young ones keeping up competitive play for the duration of the season which is why I can't have them in the top three. Drew, Quentin and Young will have a long road ahead of them. Plus the DBacks closer isn't that good.

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA
    I agree with Reefer, I think the DBacks still have a long way to go but they're headed in the right direction.

As far as predictions go, I also think it will be between the Dodgers and Padres, but I think San Diego comes out on top. I think they have a better bullpen than LA and I think that's going to keep the Padres on top.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

Padres Fan In The UK
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan View Post
    I agree with Reefer, I think the DBacks still have a long way to go but they're headed in the right direction.

As far as predictions go, I also think it will be between the Dodgers and Padres, but I think San Diego comes out on top. I think they have a better bullpen than LA and I think that's going to keep the Padres on top.
    It depends on how the DBacks perform. Its between either LA and SD or LA, SD, DBacks if they perform, and in both scenaros, the Padres come out NL West Champs

MLB ERA
    Dback could surprise...but I think they are still a year at least away and I'm not sure anyone is fearing an RJ coming off back surgery.....but I sure wouldn't count them out....

Padres Fan In The UK
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    Dback could surprise...but I think they are still a year at least away and I'm not sure anyone is fearing an RJ coming off back surgery.....but I sure wouldn't count them out....
    They're the only team with the Dodgers than could post a serious threat to the Pads

MLB ERA
    I agree......the Giants scare nobody, and the only thing they have going for them now is that Bonds signed and will make his run at an asterisk...yeah him....and the Rockies are well......the rockies....what else needs to be said...

So it's likely down to the Padres and Dodgers with the Dbacks lurking in the shadows with a pretty young talented group....

Padres Fan In The UK
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    I agree......the Giants scare nobody, and the only thing they have going for them now is that Bonds signed and will make his run at an asterisk...yeah him....and the Rockies are well......the rockies....what else needs to be said...

So it's likely down to the Padres and Dodgers with the Dbacks lurking in the shadows with a pretty young talented group....
    The only reason people talk about the Giants is the Barry Bonds Scandal if he breaks Hank Aaron's record

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I think the Dodgers are the team to beat, but the Padres are going to be on their heels all season, and just in case if the Dodgers slip, the Padres will have the division for the taking. I feel that this division is goin gto be a lot like last year, very balanced in the first half with LA and SD putting some distnace from the other three teams. The Padres must start off better this year, especially offensively! If I remember correctly, the Padres kind of sputtered in the first half last year. The D-Backs are going to hang around this year. I feel they have improved their team and they hung around a lot later into the season last year than I expected them too, and they are MUCH better this seson, on paper at least!

It is going to be a fun season. I truly feel that the NL has closed the gap a bit on the AL with very good teams! Go NL!!!!

MLB ERA
    The past two seasons the Padres have started off slow in April and then proceeded to pretend to be the best team in baseball in May.

in 2005 they decided to follow that up by pretending to be the worst team in baseball in June and July. Last year they simply reverted back to decent, but not great.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast