Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Perhaps the most ignorant article ever professionally written.

Padres OT: Perhaps the most ignorant article ever professionally written.

TJ Simers, a local asshole reporter here in LA, had this to say about San Diego and its sports:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/footb...ines-sports-nfl

His email is tjsimers@latimes.com

and I wrote him....

Mr. Simers,

Having recently moved from San Diego only a year ago to the city of Commerce, I can only assume your recent article initially insulting the city of San Diego and it's inhabitants was a joke. Considering I moved here because it is much cheaper, I don't see how your blatant disrespect to San Diego makes any sense, especially the notion of them not being able to live in LA because of it's expenses (yet so deeply wanting to, apparently).
    Have you ever been to San Diego? Have you ever noticed the clean air, or how a lot of the people aren't ugly and stupid? That's because San Diego is the third least polluted city in the USA per population. And about the people? Don't ask me, but San Diego has had the number one rated men AND women in terms of attraction for the past decade, with LA not even reaching the top ten. Also, ever notice how you can actually get to point A from point B in San Diego without A) Getting killed, B) Driving an average of 10 miles an hour through traffic, and C) not getting robbed or shot at? I always found that of 2004 couldn't beat the USC trojans prior to kickoff, and perhaps you don't remember then, but I emailed you something prior to that season as well (because I, supporting a 4-12 team, am obviously just another fair-weathered fan, right?). That team beat a whole lot of NFL teams, 12 of them, in fact; yet I'm sure the USC trojans would've done better.
    All I will say is that you are utterly wrong. The Chargers will win the superbowl this year, and you will again eat your words. I guarantee both, sir, I GUARANTEE it. And when this happens, why don't you show some character and admit you were wrong again? Or would that be too humble, too similar to something a man like LT would do...? LT would never say something so disprespectful about a team in the first place, so don't bother giving it any thought anyways. Whatever you do, just please don't move down to San Diego when you retire, because I'm sure you'd love to, considering the obvious jelasouy you already contain in admiration of the city; unfortunately, you're just not their type, and what would I do without the humor of your silly articles? Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    James Mills

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I take it that you aren't familiar with the stuff T.J. Simers writes?

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    I take it that you aren't familiar with the stuff T.J. Simers writes?
    Yes, I'm well aware that he is an asshole.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    James Mills vs TJ Simer in a cage match on Xmas day......live on pay per view
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

wwhoops,this wasn't even the letter I sent, sorry. it was really like this:

Mr. Simers,

Having recently moved from San Diego only a year ago
    to the city of Commerce, I can only assume your recent
    article initially insulting the city of San Diego and
    it's inhabitants was a joke. Considering I moved here
    because it is much cheaper, I don't see how your
    blatant disrespect to San Diego makes any sense,
    especially the notion of them not being able to live
    in LA because of it's expenses (yet so deeply wanting
    to, apparently).
    Have you ever been to San Diego? Have you ever noticed
    the clean air, or how a lot of the people aren't ugly
    and stupid? That's because San Diego is the third
    least polluted city in the USA per population. And
    about the people? Don't ask me, but San Diego has had
    the number one rated men AND women in terms of
    attraction for the past decade, with LA not even
    reaching the top ten. Also, ever notice how you can
    actually get to point A from point B in San Diego
    without A) Getting killed, B) Driving an average of 10
    miles an hour through traffic, and C) not getting
    robbed or shot at? I always found that to be the
    craziest thing! And about them not having any tall
    buildings... perhaps you didn't notice or perhaps you
    are just ignorant to YOUR city's politics, but why
    don't you ask your mayor what city he publicly
    announced was copying in his efforts to clean up
    downtown Los Angeles; then ask him if it mattered that
    they didn't have any tall buildings, making sure to
    get the reasoning as to WHY there aren't murders there
    every other night.
    As to your comments about Ladainian Tomlinson, I
    really can't respond without being vulgar, so let me
    just say that you will never be half the man that LT
    is in terms of generosity and pride, and you will
    never be remembered for containing a tenth of the
    humility that LT has; oh, and nobody will ever choke
    up when speaking of you because of comments just like
    this one in mocking Marty. Remember, I write this as a
    fan of yours and often reader, just not a fan of your
    classless distaste for all that San Diego is, and your
    lack of respect to respectable men.
    It is blatantly apparent that you have a nonsensical
    bias against the city of San Diego, as seen by your
    previously ludicrous and horribly fatuous comments
    suggesting that the San Diego Chargers of 2004
    couldn't beat the USC trojans prior to kickoff, and
    perhaps you don't remember then, but I emailed you
    something prior to that season as well (because I,
    supporting a 4-12 team, am obviously just another
    fair-weathered fan, right?). That team beat a whole
    lot of NFL teams, 12 of them, in fact; yet I'm sure
    the USC trojans would've done better.
    All I will say is that you are utterly wrong. The
    Chargers will win the superbowl this year, and you
    will again eat your words. I guarantee both, sir, I
    GUARANTEE it. And when this happens, why don't you
    show some character and admit you were wrong again? Or
    would that be too humble, too similar to something a
    man like LT would do...? LT would never say something
    so disprespectful about a team in the first place, so
    don't bother giving it any thought anyways. Whatever
    you do, just please don't move down to San Diego when
    you retire, because I'm sure you'd love to,
    considering the obvious jealousy you already contain
    in admiration of the city; unfortunately, you're just
    not their type, and what would I do without the humor
    of your silly articles? Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    James Mills

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    Also, ever notice how you can actually get to point A from point B in San Diego without A) Getting killed, B) Driving an average of 10 miles an hour through traffic, and C) not getting robbed or shot at?
    Vintage OBBF! rofl...

Where's Leo?

PS go go Marcus Giles!

Quote Originally Posted by LockeSD
    Vintage OBBF! rofl...

Where's Leo?

PS go go Marcus Giles!
    Leo's been absent lately, it appears. Dude, I would really enjoy your input around here if you ever have the time; I'm certainly curious as to what your opinions are of the offseason thus far. Mine, as apparent by my posts, are pretty negative, save the great Barfield trade (or at least I think it will be great). I think it was silly of us to give Maddux 10 million when we have loads of money that we could have instead used on Zito, or at least Jason Schmidt for only 5 million more per year. Oh well, we'll see; I'm sure Maddux will do OK, but it would have been pretty cool to have a bigtime arm in the likes of Zito or maybe Pettite / Schmidt, and I still think we should have offered Soriano that same deal (because 5 years from now when Soriano is getting 17 million per year, I think it's going to be a bargain in comparison to the obvious insane inflations). Just an impact player would have made me happy, but oh well; I have no idea what we're going to do now about left field / 2B / C / no power, but I'm sure Alderson will figure it all out... I just don;t think it's going to be what could have ultimately been the best for us. Oh, and Alderson's interviews have pissed me off regarding everything.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    15M+ due to Schmidt in 2009 (assuming we would have had to outbid LA) might prevent us from being able to resign Young or Peavy - they will both be free agents then. I like the Maddux deal, and while I would have rather seen Schmidt, I think we have the best rotation in the West.

Salary increases aren't always a straight line in MLB. For example, after teams realized the mistakes huge deals to ARod and Manny were, owners showed fiscal restraint for a few years. Until now - but that's in part to the additional revenue from the 7 billion dollar deal FOX gave MLB. I think the Soriano deal is one of the worst ever made and he'll be on waivers the last 3-4 years of the deal with no takers.

As far as Zito goes, my take is similar to Schmidt. I'd rather be able to keep Peavy / Cy / Clay in '09. And also, there's no way Moores is shelling out for a top free agent - it never has happened, and never will.

MLB ERA
    OBB......first I'd like to appologize for our past couple weeks at eachother....stress is getting to me during end of the year and I'm probably shorter fused than I should be.....so I'm sorry.....hope you can accept that.....This doesn't mean I agree with your assessment of our FO, just that I probably didn't need to be as harsh at times......cool??

Ok not to ticky-tack the amounts but Maddux is reported to be 2/$16.5....$8.25 a year....that's even less than we'd thought originally, making this IMO an even better signing, and value. I bring this up becasue that 3.5M difference between 16.5 and 20 signs Walker to our bench to back up Giles, if we p/u Giles in FA....which solves our 2bag issues for years.....

That allows us to make a run at getting WMP from Boston for Linebrink....there is your power hitting, young, budding star OFer.....this would excite me bigtime....

Those deal would still allow us to sign OUR stars when the time comes, which is sooner than later....and still give us financial flexibitly to make some minor moves if needed....

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    As you know, we don't have those worries in L.A. or Orange County
    And that would be because their NFL teams there are SO great? Oh wait, that's right, they DON'T have any NFL teams anymore. One moved back home after realizing they had no business being there and the other well, just moved.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

2006 Turkey Awards?

Almost as equally disturbing is this guy and his nomination for Turkey of the Year for 2006. And this guys writes for a SD newspaper. LOL

Turkey of the Year for 2006
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    OBB......first I'd like to appologize for our past couple weeks at eachother....stress is getting to me during end of the year and I'm probably shorter fused than I should be.....so I'm sorry.....hope you can accept that.....This doesn't mean I agree with your assessment of our FO, just that I probably didn't need to be as harsh at times......cool??

Ok not to ticky-tack the amounts but Maddux is reported to be 2/$16.5....$8.25 a year....that's even less than we'd thought originally, making this IMO an even better signing, and value. I bring this up becasue that 3.5M difference between 16.5 and 20 signs Walker to our bench to back up Giles, if we p/u Giles in FA....which solves our 2bag issues for years.....

That allows us to make a run at getting WMP from Boston for Linebrink....there is your power hitting, young, budding star OFer.....this would excite me bigtime....

Those deal would still allow us to sign OUR stars when the time comes, which is sooner than later....and still give us financial flexibitly to make some minor moves if needed....
    I wasn't even aware that our young staff would begin becoming free agents by then... but again, mybiggest concern is over the money just disappearing this year that is not spent, because I can'timagine Moores actually saving that money for next year, making our salary in the 90-100 million range. Oh well, it doesn't matter, what I worried would happen has happened, and that's all that really matters to me... and it sucks.

MLB ERA
    We have what 30M to spend.......Sign Maddux to 2/16.5M, approx. $20M left to spend ? 3M to Walker. 17M. If we sign Giles, it will likely be in the neighborhood of 3/15, 5M/year. $12M left....If we sign Wells, he said he would like around 6Mish plus incentives. $6M left, and we have to offer arbi to Greene and Bard....we could be looking at zero money left over of the 30+M we had to use..... What money is Moore's pocketing of that 30M ?

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    We have what 30M to spend.......Sign Maddux to 2/16.5M, approx. $20M left to spend ? 3M to Walker. 17M. If we sign Giles, it will likely be in the neighborhood of 3/15, 5M/year. $12M left....If we sign Wells, he said he would like around 6Mish plus incentives. $6M left, and we have to offer arbi to Greene and Bard....we could be looking at zero money left over of the 30+M we had to use..... What money is Moore's pocketing of that 30M ?
    We had 35, after Maddux about 26, after Walker / or Macus Giles (we wouldn't get both, neither are willing to play a backup role), 21, after Wells (though not going to happen, I'd imagine) we'd have 15 million... to do what with? Sign a few crummy players at 2mil each? We'd still have ten million disapearing from the likes of Padreland.

EDIT= And Arb to Greene and Bard will be no more than 1mil each.

MLB ERA
    We already have Walker, he accepted arbi.....and we are looking at signing Giles, so likely both...and Walker will play a back up role....he accepted, it's nolonger up to him whether or not he starts......unless he can opt out after accepting, which I'm not aware of.....So take your 15M down to around 10M, and drop off another 2.5-3 for Bard and Greene......you're now at 6.5-7M left.....that money will either be held for mid season trades or yah we'll sign someone for the bullpen or bench that we haven't spoken about yet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast