Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Perhaps the most ignorant article ever professionally written.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Either way.....you're complaint about Moores is over $6M.....seems pretty god damn petty to me
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    Either way.....you're complaint about Moores is over $6M.....seems pretty god damn petty to me
    If we were to trade Linebrink for Giles, their contracts would even out (Linebrink is getting 4 million per year, and Giles is already in the middle of a contract about 5 per I believe), so the argument again is over 10 million, not 6. And that ten million isn't petty, and this is only assuming we spend 6 million on Wells which we haven't yet... you're acting as if all these things have already happened; these are all best case scenarios thatwould still only result in 10 million dollars disappearing to the likes of one John Moores.

And you wonder why we have arguments; "pretty goddamn petty to me" aren't words that normal people claim in normal discussions, they're what angry people say in angry arguments.

MLB ERA
    Giles is a FA....we don't need to trade anyone for him, so the arguement is over 6M ish, maybe less depending on who else we get to fill in the RP roles and bench role...

Giles is a FA....we don't need to trade anyone for him, so the arguement is over 6M ish, maybe less depending on who else we get to fill in the RP roles and bench role...
    Wow, you're correct... I had no idea the Braves cut him, really makes one wonder why they didn't trade him to us when we were apparently interested?

My guess is they were actually the ones wanting to trade him to us, and we weren't interested because we also knew that he, like his big brother, were of miniscule value without the help of steroids.

Nevertheless, I'd be willing to give him a chace at starting for us with the likes of Walker ready to kick him to the curb at any signs of suckiness... but then again, Alderson's not stupid, and knows that if the Braves cut him, there's obviously something in between the lines here.

MLB ERA
    Braves have a severe money problem......they have a team cap of 80M, and Giles was looking at 6+M in arbi, and they simply couldn't afford to keep him. They also have two kids that they feel will plug that hole and not miss a beat. The only thing the Braves are upset about is that he was a fan favorite. To me this is a no-brainer signing.....he wants to play with his brother, and that might just be what's needed to get them both back on track and mashing again.....sibling rivalry etc.....

I think it's safe to say that M. Giles wouldn't want to disrespect his brother and home by allowing the Padres to sign him if there is a real hidden health issue. I say sign him now, before the Mets get their hands on him....they are the other team interested

Braves have a severe money problem......they have a team cap of 80M, and Giles was looking at 6+M in arbi, and they simply couldn't afford to keep him. They also have two kids that they feel will plug that hole and not miss a beat. The only thing the Braves are upset about is that he was a fan favorite. To me this is a no-brainer signing.....he wants to play with his brother, and that might just be what's needed to get them both back on track and mashing again.....sibling rivalry etc.....

I think it's safe to say that M. Giles wouldn't want to disrespect his brother and home by allowing the Padres to sign him if there is a real hidden health issue. I say sign him now, before the Mets get their hands on him....they are the other team interested
    Seriously, his health isn;t the main concern of anyone, I'd imagine; it's the obvious fact that he is now no longer on steroids, an issue that I can almost prove to be true. Now I don't go around accusing each and every player of steroid usage, but I know first hand that Marcus was a roider (though I'm not certain of his brother, though I'd guess that Brian is too), and if Brian is any indication of what the lack of roids can do to one's production, let's not kid ourselves that Marcus' 2004 stats were anything to be expected now.

Nevertheless, I'd offer him a four million per year deal for 3 years, no more, no less. If he really wants to play with his brother as bad as he claims, he'll sign that.

MLB ERA
    I said I wouldn't argue roids where they are concerned.......but the HR was NEVER a big part of M. Giles game........and as I said on another thread, he's more of a gap hitter, and Petco is perfect for that....

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I thought this thread was about some crappy newspaper article.....just sayin'
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Yah like topics stay on track in here

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    And that would be because their NFL teams there are SO great? Oh wait, that's right, they DON'T have any NFL teams anymore. One moved back home after realizing they had no business being there and the other well, just moved.
    I don't know if you noticed, but the Rams and Raiders went to or won the Super Bowl AFTER moving OUT OF LOS ANGELES! But J.T. just forgot to bring that up.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

AA ERA
    Why on Earth do you read his drivil is beyound me, he is simply a newspaper version of a shock jock and you gave him what he wanted, attention. The more people who ignore him the better, he will simply go someplace else to get attention.

John B.
    John B.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeSD
    Vintage OBBF! rofl...

Where's Leo?

PS go go Marcus Giles!
    I've been out to sea.....for the last time ever.

I'm out of the Navy next week.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Contrats man.......ahoy landlubber

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA
    Welcome back Leo
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan
    Welcome back Leo
    not back quite yet.

Just posting from the ship in the ocean.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast