Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Padres get Greg Maddux!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Padres get Greg Maddux!

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6239728

One year deal that can go as high as $10 million if Mad Dog pitches 200+ innings... I love the rotation.

MLB ERA
    Liking this signing a lot, can't believe I didn't see it earlier.

Now they need to bring back the Hefty Lefty!

I don't really know what to think; I'd imagine that using this ten million to contribute towards the Zito Foundations of San Diego would in turn contribute a lot more for the San Diego Padres.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Nice pickup.. A nice big park for Maddux to pitch and not get hurt so much by the long ball. A good #4 or #5 pitcher now!!!! Nice edition, plus a good mentor for the others on the staff. A

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Its not done yet but looks like it will. I still think the Giants are going to sneak in and get him to be the oldest team ever.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Its not done yet but looks like it will. I still think the Giants are going to sneak in and get him to be the oldest team ever.
    I was on a similar though reef. He's at about the right age for the Reds, but he still has talent at this point so there is no match sadly.

MLB ERA
    Greg Maddux still has the ability to throw quality strikes at critical times. He can still get the outs necessary to put up wins for his team. He's going to be comfortable there, I would hope, with a home nearby. He'll be able to see his family a lot more, for certain.
    I like this move for the Padres.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Well this should shut the naysayers up a little bit about us not spending.....that's not saying it was a huge p/u, but his contract isn't tiny....so they will spend clearly

great addition if they keep the rest of the staff intact....

Peavy
    CY
    Maddux
    Hensley
    and something like
    Mulder - Thompson/Stauffer
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I still think the Padres have the inside track for Maddux. Like the catman said, it is close to home (Viva Las Vegas) that San Fran is! A lot of players are liking that idea if it is possible, i.e. C. Lee-Houston! Clemens-Houston, Counsell-WI native and Damian Miller-LaCrosee, WI (had to throw those in there cause of the Brewers, you know what I mean?).

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I embrace Maddux joining the NL West especially with his ERA on the rise

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I don't think teams are too concerned with E.RA's rising. Maddux still has the ability to get the team to the 6th inning or more on a regular basis. That seems to be the trend with teams now-a-days. Then let the bullpen win it for you. Maddux will get teh job done for the Padres and he will eat up some innings for the bullpen too!

Reality bites.

AA ERA

Padres

If this new coach follows in Bochy's foot steps, you will see his ERA drop like a rock again. Balsley knows when to pull a guy to keep them fresh all year long and he knows how to stack the deck with a hell of a bull pen, you may think this is good, but this is not looking so bad all of a sudden for us. Balsley now has the fire power to carry the team and if that ****** KT gets him a couple of good lefties, watch out. We may set a record with winning the most one run games in history {probably breaking our own record} but who cares, if it gets us to the post season, what ever works.
    John B.

Quote Originally Posted by Johndbr
    If this new coach follows in Bochy's foot steps, you will see his ERA drop like a rock again. Balsley knows when to pull a guy to keep them fresh all year long and he knows how to stack the deck with a hell of a bull pen, you may think this is good, but this is not looking so bad all of a sudden for us. Balsley now has the fire power to carry the team and if that ****** KT gets him a couple of good lefties, watch out. We may set a record with winning the most one run games in history {probably breaking our own record} but who cares, if it gets us to the post season, what ever works.
    Nice argument.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Maddux + Petco + marine layer + night games = lower ERA and maybe more games into the 7th inning for him...
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast