Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Padres get Greg Maddux!

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    LOL.... You refuse to think the ownership is greedy ? LOL yah right...

You had faith in this offseason ? When exactly ??

shooting your wad on one player isn't always the best use of funds.......Zito is a perfect example of this scenario.....we're far better off signing two solid arms instead of one for the same amount....we have more than one hole to plug, and Zito can only DO so much....not only that.....Maddux is gone next year should we choose not to p/u his option....and at that point we can go after another arm if needed
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    LOL.... You refuse to think the ownership is greedy ? LOL yah right...

You had faith in this offseason ? When exactly ??

shooting your wad on one player isn't always the best use of funds.......Zito is a perfect example of this scenario.....we're far better off signing two solid arms instead of one for the same amount....we have more than one hole to plug, and Zito can only DO so much....not only that.....Maddux is gone next year should we choose not to p/u his option....and at that point we can go after another arm if needed
    Do you really take every damn word that's written and make something else of it, or do you just pretend nobody notices? This is about the billionth time I've had to repeat myself because either A) You're too lazy to read everything I write, or too lazy tio simply comprehend it, B) You really don't understand english, or C) You just assume people won't notice your manipluation of my quotes thus appearing to strengthen your arguments.

I said that I refuse to believe ownership is THIS greedy, as in while Moores might be greedy, he can't possibly be this greedy. I also stated that the negativity towards our chances of signing Zito has depleted my faith in this offseason, as in what hopes I did have of signing Zito or anyone that will actually make a significant impact on our team are now all but gone. And if you wanna pretend like I was saying that I was "faithful" we were going to have a good offseason, we can play that game too: do you not remember the topic I started when I said that I was wrong about this offseason, and that we would be buyers for once? The one where I said I ahve faith in Alderson's words? No? Well, then you probably shouldn't say anything.

And we don't have a lot of holes to fill; we have Thompson as a number five, and we needed a number four. Maddux has become that number four, and while we may sign a better number five, PeavyYoungZitoHensleyThompson is better than PeavyYoungHensleyMadduxSomeschmuckwhowillcostmoret han6millionperyear. For what this crummy number five will cost us combined with Maddux, it would have equaled Zito's salary, thus killing your silly hole plugging argument.

MLB ERA
    yeah.......lets all start contradicting topics in order to play both sides of the fence, so when someone calls us on something, or doesn't agree with something we've said, we can refer back to another thread saying ...see I wrote this also, therefore you don't know what you're talking about....

If Zito gets north of $100M like everyone thinks he will......then in no way shape or form is he a better alternative than Maddux + anyone else, where this team is concerned.....That would be a gigantic load of money not well spent for years to come....which is probably why this FO didn't make that mistake.

And I didn't say we have "a lot of holes to fill" if you were referring to something I wrote when quoting me....I said "we have more than one hole to plug" which is/was 100% accurate. We also stand a far better chance of acquiring a quality player for LF via trade if we don't shoot our wad on one player like Zito....IMO

yeah.......lets all start contradicting topics in order to play both sides of the fence, so when someone calls us on something, or doesn't agree with something we've said, we can refer back to another thread saying ...see I wrote this also, therefore you don't know what you're talking about....

If Zito gets north of $100M like everyone thinks he will......then in no way shape or form is he a better alternative than Maddux + anyone else, where this team is concerned.....That would be a gigantic load of money not well spent for years to come....which is probably why this FO didn't make that mistake.

And I didn't say we have "a lot of holes to fill" if you were referring to something I wrote when quoting me....I said "we have more than one hole to plug" which is/was 100% accurate. We also stand a far better chance of acquiring a quality player for LF via trade if we don't shoot our wad on one player like Zito....IMO
    Once again, I never claimed that you were arguing about MANY holes, my damn words were hole-plugging, as in plugging A hole (no pun intended).

And do you have any idea how fatuous it sounds to say to me "Oh yeah, just state contradicting things so you can say 'look I said this'!" when you asked a stupid question and I gave you the proper stupified response? Really, that's like me saying "So you're saying you like pickles? Oh sure, when was this!?", when the stupid argument was over tomatoes, and then you respond "I never said anything about pickles, but on that note, yes, I used to like pickles and no longer do"; and my response, having mirrored your approach above, would be "Oh sure! Let's just say you like and dislike everything, huh!?"

Show me once where I have contradicted myself within any of my posts, please. It's not hard to understand where my mind's at: I stated for three years that most of this season's money would be pocketed, and about three months ago admitted my wrong estimations when Alderson told ME and all of YOU that we would be bidding on everyone at one point or another, and how excited we should all be. I now know ALderson was lying and felt even more betrayed when he told ME and YOU that he does NOT owe us any apologies; apparently it is OK to lie to the fans of San Diego, because, well hell, we've been getting it up the rear so long what does it matter, right? So now I am simply a fan that is so damn confused that I actually lose sleep at night over the team that I f**king love so much, and I want so badly to just trust ownership and management, but a spade is a damn spade, and one can only take so much. I don;t care if this year's free agents were too expensive, do you not udnerstand that!? We WERE TOLD THAT WE'D BE TRYING TO GET PLAYERS, THAT WE WOULD BE TRYING TO SIGN SORIANO AND THE LIKES OF OTHERS, yet we haven't even put a deal out there for the fans to be satisfied with, and then we're told that he doesn;t owe us anything!? And all I hear is everyone talking about how ridiculous these contracts are, when GIL MECHE, YES GIL MECHE JUST SIGNED A CONTRACT FOR 45 MILLION DOLLARS AND YOU ALL ARE TELLING ME WE CAN;T SIGN SORIANO OR LEE OR ARAM FOR TWICE THAT?

And to top it all off, I get to hear how "impatient" I am, and how I'm "whining". Well, it's been two decades of nothing, and at what f**king point is it OK to start complaining!? I have only had three seasons in my entire life in which I was excited and completely happy with the moves our organization was making, and those exact three seasons ('96-'98) were the same ones that Moores and company have been refering to FOREVER since when telling us what we're going to become! Now I'm sorry if it offends me that I am not 100% sold on an owner who continues to lie or give half efforts, and I'm sorry that I don't appreciate EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN MANAGEMENT (even Bochy last year) LYING TO ME ON A MONTHLY BASIS.

Perhaps this is the same for every franchise in baseball, and I'm curious to know what a lot of the other fans in strike 3 forums would say to that, but it doesn't change the way I feel. Every year I just hope something will happen even slightly similar to how I imagined it being, and every year is just the same.

Whatever, I give up.

MLB ERA
    No we can't sign Soriano for 138M....simple as that...if you don't get it, then there is no way to explain this to you....

As far as complaining at the level you've exhibited lately....to answer your question, it's ok to start complaining when we don't have a winning season in our new ballpark....not until then....hows that ??

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    Do you really take every damn word that's written and make something else of it, or do you just pretend nobody notices? This is about the billionth time I've had to repeat myself because either A) You're too lazy to read everything I write, or too lazy tio simply comprehend it, B) You really don't understand english, or C) You just assume people won't notice your manipluation of my quotes thus appearing to strengthen your arguments.

I said that I refuse to believe ownership is THIS greedy, as in while Moores might be greedy, he can't possibly be this greedy. I also stated that the negativity towards our chances of signing Zito has depleted my faith in this offseason, as in what hopes I did have of signing Zito or anyone that will actually make a significant impact on our team are now all but gone. And if you wanna pretend like I was saying that I was "faithful" we were going to have a good offseason, we can play that game too: do you not remember the topic I started when I said that I was wrong about this offseason, and that we would be buyers for once? The one where I said I ahve faith in Alderson's words? No? Well, then you probably shouldn't say anything.

And we don't have a lot of holes to fill; we have Thompson as a number five, and we needed a number four. Maddux has become that number four, and while we may sign a better number five, PeavyYoungZitoHensleyThompson is better than PeavyYoungHensleyMadduxSomeschmuckwhowillcostmoret han6millionperyear. For what this crummy number five will cost us combined with Maddux, it would have equaled Zito's salary, thus killing your silly hole plugging argument.
    Actually, it looks like Wells is going to be the #5 in the rotation.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA
    J or D Wells ???

J or D Wells ???
    Carillo is before JWells thus far.

MLB ERA
    Yah...I know...so is Stauffer and Thompson...which is why I was trying to clarify.....Since it came from someone thinking there were more than 170 games in a season....I think that makes it a fair question

Yah...I know...so is Stauffer and Thompson...which is why I was trying to clarify.....Since it came from someone thinking there were more than 170 games in a season....I think that makes it a fair question
    I've been debating with a guy who believes there are more than 170 games in a season?

You know what, I can't say I'm all that surprised, surprisingly.

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA
    I've been debating with a guy who believes there are more than 170 games in a season?

In PFF's defense, I was the one that said Loretta could play 170-180 games. I don't understand why you guys want to argue about opinions. OBBOLTS, if you don't agree with him, fine, but don't start a pointless argument that leads nowhere.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA

Why am I not surprised you didn't read what was written correctly....??

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA
    There's still talk that the Padres' brass have had discussions with the agent for Ronnie Belliard and there's also rumor that the Red Sox are listening to offers for Willy Mo Pena. I think we're going to see a few deal go down before Christmas rolls around. Of course, I said the same thing about the Winter Meetings.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA
    Pena would look great under the Padres xmas tree.....Linebrink would look great under Bostons....

M. Giles would also look great under our tree if we can sign him as a FA...

Why am I not surprised you didn't read what was written correctly....??
    I actually am surprised you somehow thought I was refering to you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast