Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trust me, I really hate to say this.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    Nobody got tired of me, I just couldn't control my emotions. I certainly didn't have any enemies over there, and I'm fairly positive an overwhelming majority of them would like to have me back. But if you feel that will help you make me look wrong, so be it.

It's not about who is right or wrong, it's about having some patience, which you've shown to have less than most 5 year olds....You kind of remind me of Veruca from the movie Charlie and the chocolate factory, " I want it all now ....." if that's what you think a FO needs to offer it's fans, then swap your Padre gear for Yankee gear and you'll get exactly what you're wishing for

Last year I was not complaining about ownership; I thought it was great we signed Giles, though i was greatly against eHoffman (as I still am, even after his impressive year. I believe the mony could have been spent elsewhere better). However, I was absolutely ecstatic over the Eaton trade, as the SOSD records will show, but I was against the Cameron trade and the Loretta trade (two for three ain't bad, since I was definitely wrong about the Nady trade probably).

"Just when you thought it was safe to start trusting the organization, we've been royally (literally, and metaphorically) screwed.

With signing Hoffman and handicapping our team to the behind of a 38 year old who throws 80 miles an hour, we now get to hear Moores talk about "that year of '06" where "abundances" of money was spent over the budget to put "our" team over the top."

Thats not complaining about the FO ?

But this season is different; of course I know we will not be going into the season without a LF or a starting 2Bman or few starting pitchers in our rotation, so why would you even imply that? You act like an asshole PadreFanForever, and I don't get it; I never insulted you, yet you continue to call me names such as "Chicken Little" or idiotic, or claim that everyone at SOSD ran me outta town or something. I'm sorry if you want to cling onto your beliefs that Moores is not screwing us so badly that it offends you if someone else differs in opinion, but from what I've seen, we have been screwed, and that is my opinion.

We wont have 30M to spend when we add those missing pieces, you seem to think we will, at least that's the way it comes across....and calling me an asshole, you don't know the half of it....be happy I'm tame in here....Also do your best to not speak for what I believe, it will go far better for you....

I believe we will put out a good team next year, probably one better than 06's. Is that good enough? NO. Absolutely not. When you have a team that won it's division and then gets over 30 million in free money to upgrade the next season, simply being better is completely intolerable, but unfortunately, that's all we're seemingly going to get.

This team has 30 to spend, because it lost some players from last year, there is no way it can be the same team as last year and have 30 to spend in additons....just doesn't work that way.....If we had our entire team from 06 in place and then 30M to spend, we'd have been in a MUCH different position....but that wasn't the case....

Why must you settle for that, sir? Why is just being good or a little better good enough? Don't you want to win a championship? Don't you realize that all of that money could have been tremendous for us?
    At this point, the only tolerable thing I can see us doing is trading Young or Hensley and Linebrink for Manny, and then signing Zito and Durham, which would then put us at our expected payroll. Will this happen? It is very possible, and if so, I will be relieved and take back my comments about Moores.

Who has settled....LMFAO.... I want more for this team, and have for 30 years, but the ****ing winter meetings aren't over and you think the world is coming to and end.....how smart is that ? Thats why you get called chicken little, etc....I know tough one to factor out.....ugh

But what I will NOT take is our front office publicly saying that it owes no apologies and that it doesn't owe us any big name free agents when we were promised years ago that we would become a top ten market team, and the very least they can do is retain the previous year's salary when money is freed up instead of just pocketing it like I've claimed Moores would do for over three years now. All I'm saying is PROVE ME WRONG, PLEASE MOORES. I have stated that you are likely to do EXACTLY what you are currently doing for so long now and I've hoped so badly that you would prove me wrong, so much in fact that I made that last topic stating that I was wrong about this year's offseason and that we WERE going to spend some money. I went out and said that because Alderson stated that I, the fans, should not be worried and that we will be one of the most active teams.

I think the FO has some explaining to do, but I'm going to wait until the offseason is over and our team is set to see just what needs explaining....jumping to conclusions is idiotic....again probably where you thought someone was calling you a name....it's the idea not the person that's idiotic....By raising the payroll every year since leaving the Q, Moores has shown you everything you need to know to be proven wrong...If Apl. comes and we're in the same boat, I'll join you at the helm and help steer the ship full of pissed off Padre fans, but until then YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE TEAM OR PAYROLL WILL BE SO RELAX....

I was so credulous to his words that I went out on a limb and publicly stated on these forums that it appeared that I was wrong, and that they were going to be active big name shoppers, only because they SAID theyw ere going to be big name shoppers. So far they haven't, and I am angry over that. I think it's great that you aren't, but I have heard too many lies and broken promises to believe them anymore. When your own players are complaining about ownership not caing enough, which has been the case multiple times throughout the past three seasons, there is obviously something not being done right or honestly.
    UGHHHH
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    UGHHHH
    FO stands for Front Office; hence why i said I was NOT mad at OWNERSHIP last season, but rather at the FO.

I like your threats, too. Apparently it would be "best" for me to not talk to you, or something? Whatever, you're obviously a very tough fellow and I'll do my "best" to not talk to you.

Again you insult me, now comparing me to a 5 year old when in reality I am a very patient person, I'm just not a mouse who continues to gt zapped when the cheese is removed; well, the cheese is gone in this free agency and I'm at least smart enough to realize that. If there was some magical rule that made people have to elave their team before the season started and sign new contracts, then I wouldn't be saying anything.

Alderson just stated that he is willing o resgn Manny to a multiyear deal; please explain to me why you would TRADE for MoMoney Manny when we could have simply signed Soriano or Lee for similar figures? To me, that doesn't make sense.

What I will grant you for sure is that if what Alderson's saying is true, then you're right, this is NOT Moores' fault, but rather completely the front office's for spending more money on older players and giving up very valuable players for them in the process, all because they bit the bullet and weren't able to sign tham when given the oppurtunity.

I understand that you're in this just for the sake of "winning" an argument, but really think about what you're defending; you have yet to make one valid point against my argument, which is, of course, that we 30+ million to spend and have not used it on ANYONE, yet we're about to start trading key players for even older ones that are more expensive.

This has nothing to do with patience; I just realize that there are not any impact offensive players left in the market, thus making this offseason a failure either way (unless Manny is given to us for free, which only happens in my dreams). Granted, we could sign Zito (though Sandy has sounded like he's not even going to try up to this point), but that still doesn;t solve what all of our open money should have solved: the offensive problems that we've had for about 6 years.

For the record, when I wrote that post, "royally screwed" was in part of the fact that we had signed about 4 different KC royals, obviously not that encouraging, and that our team's combined batting average was a measly .250 or so and a million Ks, and, for the most part, I was exactly right: we had a horrible offense again last season, so I don't see why you're criticizing me. We got lucky that Young and Williams overperformed and that Hensley, when finally given the chance to start, put everything together, but that doesn't discount my argument that the offense was horrible on paper. And moreover, just imagine if Klesko hadn't got injured! My argument would have been wrong because they would have been even worse than what I exaggerated had AGon not put up decent numbers!

Before responding, really read what I'm writing before criticizing, and then please post facts NOT pertaining to my maturity, but rather actual baseball as to how the front office can make up for letting their only FREE (as in you don't have to trade for them) offensive threats go; I never said we will not have a good team next year, but a good team isn't good enough when this much money is left over and not capitalized on.

Do I want us to trade for Manny or someone else? OF COURSE, but it would have benefited out team much greater had we just signed Soriano, Lee, or ARam.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    FO stands for Front Office; hence why i said I was NOT mad at OWNERSHIP last season, but rather at the FO.

Visit the Padres website, click on the Front Office or FO, and the first name on the list is John Moores...he's the top of the food chain.....make the mental note...

I like your threats, too. Apparently it would be "best" for me to not talk to you, or something? Whatever, you're obviously a very tough fellow and I'll do my "best" to not talk to you.

If you think that was a threat, you're hilarious....you've clearly never been threatened before....or had someone get in your face for real.... telling you not to speak for me isn't a threat, it's something that shouldn't have to be done in the first place....get over it

Again you insult me, now comparing me to a 5 year old when in reality I am a very patient person, I'm just not a mouse who continues to gt zapped when the cheese is removed; well, the cheese is gone in this free agency and I'm at least smart enough to realize that. If there was some magical rule that made people have to elave their team before the season started and sign new contracts, then I wouldn't be saying anything.

From your first day of posting in here, patience would be the last word to describe you....acidic, caustic, long winded....those would be more fitting...and who hasn't acknoledged that the "cheese" in the FA class this offseason is gone?? Oh yah....NOBODY....

Alderson just stated that he is willing o resgn Manny to a multiyear deal; please explain to me why you would TRADE for MoMoney Manny when we could have simply signed Soriano or Lee for similar figures? To me, that doesn't make sense.

Manny wont get 138M from us...period....If you're trying to say he will, you're totally lost.......and I will only be happy with getting Manny if we're able to dump Giles in that trade....at least that's 9M in salary swap making Manny's overall cost to us doable.

What I will grant you for sure is that if what Alderson's saying is true, then you're right, this is NOT Moores' fault, but rather completely the front office's for spending more money on older players and giving up very valuable players for them in the process, all because they bit the bullet and weren't able to sign tham when given the oppurtunity.

This may be right on the money.....and had this been said origianially, we wouldn't be having this stupid arguement....

I understand that you're in this just for the sake of "winning" an argument, but really think about what you're defending; you have yet to make one valid point against my argument, which is, of course, that we 30+ million to spend and have not used it on ANYONE, yet we're about to start trading key players for even older ones that are more expensive.

Again, it's not about winning or losing, and if you don't think I've made valid arguements leading up to this post....then stop responding altogether....We haven't signed anyone because the Winter Meetings aren't over with....it's pretty simply to understand if you're able to comprehend that much...

This has nothing to do with patience; I just realize that there are not any impact offensive players left in the market, thus making this offseason a failure either way (unless Manny is given to us for free, which only happens in my dreams). Granted, we could sign Zito (though Sandy has sounded like he's not even going to try up to this point), but that still doesn;t solve what all of our open money should have solved: the offensive problems that we've had for about 6 years.

It could end a failure.....but you're not Nostrodomus, and you don't possess a crystal ball.....so you DON'T KNOW WHAT OUR TEAM WILL LOOK LIKE IN APRIL....so stop whining, my god man, grow a pair....

Do I want us to trade for Manny or someone else? OF COURSE, but it would have benefited out team much greater had we just signed Soriano, Lee, or ARam.
    Lee wasn't even a blip on the Padres radar unless you were in a forum with a wish list......Cubs weren't about to let him go.......which is why he went so fast once he filed for FA......

Soriano was signed to a contract that the Padres could only shake their heads at.....If you don't believe that, again you're lost

Lee was possible, but he didn't want to play here and said as much, taking us out of the equation before we had a chance to do anything....

Those are the facts you need to come to terms with, if you can't, there is nothing anyone can do for you....

I can't figure out if we're even disagreeing or not, so I'll let this go.

For the record though, I was a gold glov eboxer up until a few years ago, so the "in your face" comment is a bit futile.

MLB ERA
    eboxer.....is that like a cyber stud ?

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Are you two going to wrap this up pretty soon....
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA
    nobody else was posting.........so bordom set in......sorry

AAA ERA
    u didnt hate that one bit

MLB ERA
    Hate is overrated.....

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

I just had to post this.....Allen Iverson is under fire once again for missing a 'Team Bowling outing'

This is what Iverson had to say....."Bowling?!, What are we talkin' about? Bowling?! Not a game, not the game of Basketball. We're talkin' about Bowling!"

Now back to our regular scheduling postings......
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan
    I just had to post this.....Allen Iverson is under fire once again for missing a 'Team Bowling outing'

This is what Iverson had to say....."Bowling?!, What are we talkin' about? Bowling?! Not a game, not the game of Basketball. We're talkin' about Bowling!"

Now back to our regular scheduling postings......
    I'm too lazy to search for this, so I'll just see if you'll bite: is this true?

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

The quote, no, but him being in hot water for missing a Team Bowling outing, yes. I got the, somewhat of a quote from Jim Rome. I just thought it was hilarious and too good not to post.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

@ New Mexico State

Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan
    The quote, no, but him being in hot water for missing a Team Bowling outing, yes. I got the, somewhat of a quote from Jim Rome. I just thought it was hilarious and too good not to post.
    Yeah, it's stupid and funny.

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Can't you see Iverson being asked about it and him responding like he did when asked why he skipped practice? How classic would that be.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)