Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I give up.

I give up.

I have tried so very hard to not allow myself to want or root for anyone qualifying as a certified asshole, but desperate timescall for desperate measures: we must sign JD Drew.

He is the epitome of a moneyball number 3 hitter, save the whole "i'm a big pu$$y who gets injured every other week", but then that can be taken care of with incentives. It doesn't matter to me at this point, his career OPS of .900 is ridiculous, especially his career OBP of .390something.

KT has mentioned liking him before, and obviously Depodesta has a hardy for him, so my guess is, if Alderson's original comments were true about actually intending to acquire players that will inf act HELP this team (a crazy concept, I know!), then Drew will be signed.

PS: If Drew IS signed, I will willingly eat crow about us not spending money (although that would still leave us with roughly 20 million unspent dollars...)

Crap; I forgot about the left-handed surplus currently plaguing our existing lineup. Well, I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to our lineup, considering Roberts was left handed.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If Drew puts up good to great numbers for the Padres, I'd be amused when padresfanforever eats his plate of cold, hard crow. If Drew goes down with a chronic injury, oh well, I'm not a Padre fan.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You'll always be an under cover Devil Ray fan, Mofo.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Yup!Thats a pic of Rickey websoulsurfer's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Just Say No to GLass Outfielders

Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    I have tried so very hard to not allow myself to want or root for anyone qualifying as a certified asshole, but desperate timescall for desperate measures: we must sign JD Drew.

He is the epitome of a moneyball number 3 hitter, save the whole "i'm a big pu$$y who gets injured every other week", but then that can be taken care of with incentives. It doesn't matter to me at this point, his career OPS of .900 is ridiculous, especially his career OBP of .390something.

KT has mentioned liking him before, and obviously Depodesta has a hardy for him, so my guess is, if Alderson's original comments were true about actually intending to acquire players that will inf act HELP this team (a crazy concept, I know!), then Drew will be signed.

PS: If Drew IS signed, I will willingly eat crow about us not spending money (although that would still leave us with roughly 20 million unspent dollars...)
    Drew would immediately turn back into his glass self and we would have another Klutzo fiasco and waste of money on our hands.

Let the Yankees or some other team with more money than sense sign him.

Go after an RBI machine like Lee or better yet just resign Roberts and pick up a big bat elsewhere.

Has everyone forgot that Cabrera is eligible for Arbitration and will get 8-10 million and that the Marlins WILL trade him or just not offer him arbitration?

Move Kouz, the DH that we traded Barfield for, in LEFT and trade for Cabrera.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by websoulsurfer

Has everyone forgot that Cabrera is eligible for Arbitration and will get 8-10 million and that the Marlins WILL trade him or just not offer him arbitration?
    The Marlins have raised their payroll specifically to keep both Willis and Cabrera.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    If Drew puts up good to great numbers for the Padres, I'd be amused when padresfanforever eats his plate of cold, hard crow. If Drew goes down with a chronic injury, oh well, I'm not a Padre fan.

You know I would, if it was earned....but I'm fairly certain I'm safe on this one.... thanks mofo....lol
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Yup!Thats a pic of Rickey websoulsurfer's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Drew is close to signing with the Red Sox.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...e&type=fantasy

Whew!!!!!! I thought the Padres just might be stupid enough to sign the glass man.

And if the Marlins sign Cabrera and keep Willis they wil have to increase salary by $18-20 million JUST for those two ($12+ million per for Willis and $8-10 million per for Cabrera expected in arbitration). That would mean going from $19 million to close to $40 million just to keep two players. I like the front they are putting up but trust me, they are NOT going to double their payroll for TWO players.

Willis or Cabrera or BOTH will be available at some point this off season.

REmember 6 more players including Pitre, Johnson, Willingham and JAcobs will also be arbitration eligible after the 2007 season.

They can't afford to keep them all.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria has reportedly authorized a 2007 payroll in the $25 million range.
    The Marlins spent just under $20 million last season. $25 million should allow them to keep both Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera. Those two will combine to earn somewhere in the neighborhood of $12 million in arbitration. It's still likely that the Marlins will again be spending less in payroll than they take in from revenue sharing.
    That's all I got.

MLB ERA
    They can't afford to keep them all.
    Just because they aren't spending, doesn't mean that ownership "can't afford" to spend....I think ownership will sign the kids as needed and you'll see the payroll rise each year for a while in Fla......to a point then they will trade off guys for prospects and keep their farm thriving...

that can be taken care of with steroids

Fixed. It worked for Barroids, why not Drew?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    You're assuming Drew didn't juice already....

Would it really surprise you to find out that a chronically injury prone guy is breaking down from current/previous chemical use?

Not really, though if he's juicing, he should get his money back from Greg Anderson or whomever he gets his shit from.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    lol

MLB ERA
    Could be from past bad batches also....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast