Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: official offseason news, rumors, and discussion thread.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If Cashman is saying that he won't trade him, it means that he has every intention of trading him. $50 says that A-Rod plays somewhere else next year.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    Peavy did fine as the staff ace last year.

His struggles were due mainly to injuries he was playing through, he'll be fine.

(Not that i'm opposed to signing Zito should the opportunity arise.)
    I'm not saying he wont be fine....but I think he can be far better than just fine, and I think that would happen if the pressure of "ace" was lifted off his shoulders a little
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA
    Yah........believing much of anything said right now is foolish.......these guys could be sitting around a table at the GM's meetings having some drinks and everything can change

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    I'm not saying he wont be fine....but I think he can be far better than just fine, and I think that would happen if the pressure of "ace" was lifted off his shoulders a little
    And what I was saying is he had the same "pressure" last year and did perfectly fine with it.

He battled through injury issues all this year. Considering how I've seen Peavy fare in pressure situations and big games I'd venture to guess the injuries he was playing through had much MUCH more to do with his struggles this year than any pressure he may have felt being the "ace"

Everything I've seen from Peavy tells me he thrives off pressure, not wilting.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Well I believe that if he had someone like Zito taking the "ace" pressure off him, along with CY ( a #1 in the #3 spot) behind him, we'd see a kid blossom into an even more dominant guy....just my opinion

AA ERA

Padres

Well the Off Season officially began today with the Pads cutting Mark Bellhorn, Manny Alexander, and right-hander Scott Williamson, on Thursday and claimed left-hander Justin Hampson from the Colorado Rockies.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=137595

I can't say I am to surprised about the first three moves, except I expected them to sign Alexander to a minor league contract, but the Hampson guy was a bit of a surprise. They have not been to successful in developing Left Handers and if the Rockies cut him, he is probably a project at best.

John B.
    John B.

MLB ERA
    Hey Bellhorn...........Na na na naaaaaaaaaaaa Na na na naaaaaaaaaaaa Hey hey hey GET OUT !!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB ERA
    Well I believe that if he had someone like Zito taking the "ace" pressure off him, along with CY ( a #1 in the #3 spot) behind him, we'd see a kid blossom into an even more dominant guy....just my opinion
    i'm not saying he couldn't do better if he had a pitcher of equal value in the rotation, I was just counter arguing the insinuation that he struggled this year due to having the "pressure" on his shoulders of being the staff ace.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    I was just counter arguing the insinuation that he struggled this year due to having the "pressure" on his shoulders of being the staff ace.
    Well I think part of his issues this year were due to him trying to "do it all". Everytime he took the mound he tried to strikeout 27 batters....He appeared to get away from pitching and revert to throwing more often than not. I think that was because he thought it was all on his shoulders, when it just wasn't.....that IMO is from him being called the "ace" and the pressure that accompanies that title....IMO if we had someone here to take on that role it would allow Jake to come from a more relaxed mental place and I think that would do nothing but benefit him, and the team.....

AA ERA

Padres

"SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Rescue Mission could be forgiven for rooting against the Padres last weekend.

Nearly a ton of produce, meat and baked goods prepared for a possible Game Five last Sunday between the Padres and Saint Louis Cardinals will instead feed the hungry and homeless at shelters across the region.

The Cardinals eliminated San Diego three-to-one, so a Game Five was unnecessary."

http://www.nbc4.tv/sports/10054343/d...ss=la&psp=news

Ok; I move next year we go to a plan "B", we sweap/ or at least wen the series we are in and at every home game we have a food drive to compensate the Rescue Mission.
    John B.

MLB ERA
    How 'bout we just have a monthly food drive instead and help out 12 times a year instead of during a two week stretch ?

AA ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Well that is stupid, the guy leads the team to the play offs two season in a row with a offense that is pathetic and not by his doing, most of them have not hit elsewhere or when they did it they were a lot younger and they do not even want to try and keep him? Talking about a organization that is unsure of the concept.

First they should do everything possible to get KT or whoever is finding these pitchers and keep them as head of the pitcher scouts, then they should get a GM that can get hitters as well as pitchers and last they should sign Bochy to a year extension to see what he and this new hitting coach of his can do with that kind of hiarchy.

Personally what I see going down is this, Bochy moving on for a big raise and a multi year deal, KT will either except a demotion or he will be out the door too, the writing is on the wall for him with the team giving Bochy permission to look else where and the Team will put in a new GM from the recently aquired management team and he will hire recently fired Joe Girardi on the cheap.

If they go the route I think they will, I do not know how bad it really will be. My one real fear will be a dropping off of the Pitching and Defense, because if Bochy can go else where and get a raise, you know damn well he can bring in his coaching staff with a raise too. On the other hand Giradi has proven that if you get the hell out of his way, he is a damn effective coach and he did a awsome job with a talent pool that can't compare to the Yankee's triple "A" team, little own most of the Major League teams, but man, Balsley is one in a billion and will be hard to replace if he goes with Bochy.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, I am pretty sure Bochy wants to stay here, but he could be made a offer that he can't refuse.
    John B.

AA ERA

Padres

How 'bout we just have a monthly food drive instead and help out 12 times a year instead of during a two week stretch ?
    What? and ruin our beach bum surfer image? Naw, that would make to much since.

P.S. The reality is you can't get the public up for a event like that, that often, but you can drop off can food items and maybe produce and such these days year around at their offices, just call and they will tell you how. Don't forget it is a tax write off.
    John B.

MLB ERA
    That is probably true, since we don't push the event......but most events for a good cause in San Diego have great turnouts no matter how often they are held.....So along that line of thinking........if people got used to the idea that they could drop off a few cans of food during such events........chances are they'd be highly beneficial

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast