Thread: Blame it on the Boch

Blame it on the Boch

Being an avid critic of Mr. Bochy, I still feel he has managed this season's ballclub to his greatest potential (which is a questionable amount, considering we haven't had another manager in forever). However, this string of extra innings losses in the midst of a pennant race is completely unacceptable and would usually be pinned on a team's manager, hence my topic.

I don't think Bochy is stressing the importance of each inning once these games are going into extra innings. I don't know what to suggest, but a little more intensity wouldn't hurt, I'd imagine. I'd want my club playing their absolute hardest in extra innings between a pennant race.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I hear you man, but you guys were facing a much more problematic manager in Narron tonight. Narron gave the Pads so many opportunities to win the game. Albeit, they did do what was expected against some of his many mistakes. Such as taking advantage of his need to put in Franklin when the game is on the line. He continues to do that and teams continue to capatilize.

It was a good game and we may as well call this the battle of the bad managers and not the battle for the Wild Card.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Well for one........Bochy could lose the hardon for Linebrink when the game is on the line.......that alone would have gotten us at least 6 more wins this year
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Same can be said about Narron's hardon for Franklin. Weird game tonight as both the managers played their bullpen minds badly.

MLB ERA
    the yah but is this........Bochy has one of if not the best bullpen to work with....he also pulled CY after 5 innings with a low pitch count, when he was in control and had only made one mistake......Bochy should be beaten with a stick right now....a big stick

MLB ERA
    I agree that Bochy needs to take a step back and look at how (un)effective Linebrink has been.

That being said, he is a good manager and wins when given the tools.

This is only proven by the fact that the Padres are in a pennant race with a roster that I thought would be out of it by now at the beginning of the season.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    I'm getting tired of him putting Linebrink in situations where he continously falters. You gotta learn from your mistakes.

I wonder how tired we would be of Betimit hitting homeruns, helping us win ballgames? I'm sure it would be a bit better than watching Linebrink lose ballgames.

MLB ERA
    Who in this forum thought trading Linebrink was a bad idea ? Who thought it was a good idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    Who thought it was a good idea ?