Thread: Brennaman loves Nevin

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres Brennaman loves Nevin

Thom Brennaman commented at least a dozen times during this last series about how good Nevin and his defense are at first base. I have to agree that Nevin made numerous very good defensive plays during this series. Either I never really noticed Nevin before, or Nevin's defense was too sporadic for me to take notice before this. I always considered him average. Thx to Brennaman for pointing this out. We are all so fixated on the negative stuff in the game we sometimes forget when the positive occurs. Matt Williams who was filling in for Mark Grace (thank God I didn't have to listen to Grace this series), said that baseball is a negative game. Unless you win, not much positive really happens. I got to thinking about that and it is true. Winning is the goal. If you don't win you lose, duh. The losing side is the negative and in reality, how much does a team lose in a season? .500 ball is considered average. So the next time I am ragging Nevin for his shoddy play, you all remind me of this analogy OK.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

AA ERA
    Thom loves everyone. He never says anything bad about anyone.

In sports, it's about winning. Fans and writers don't like anyone messing up and everything and they get the blame if they stink it up. That's just part of life. Either you win or you get criticized.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    Thom Brennaman commented at least a dozen times during this last series about how good Nevin and his defense are at first base. I have to agree that Nevin made numerous very good defensive plays during this series. Either I never really noticed Nevin before, or Nevin's defense was too sporadic for me to take notice before this. I always considered him average. Thx to Brennaman for pointing this out. We are all so fixated on the negative stuff in the game we sometimes forget when the positive occurs. Matt Williams who was filling in for Mark Grace (thank God I didn't have to listen to Grace this series), said that baseball is a negative game. Unless you win, not much positive really happens. I got to thinking about that and it is true. Winning is the goal. If you don't win you lose, duh. The losing side is the negative and in reality, how much does a team lose in a season? .500 ball is considered average. So the next time I am ragging Nevin for his shoddy play, you all remind me of this analogy OK.

Nevin was moved to 1b in a feeble attempt to hide him as best they could for his poor defensive skills........lets not forget his incredible athletic ability when diving in the OF for a ball in Spring Training, or his ability to put the ball 5 rows up when throwing from 3rd.....or spiking himself on many occasions that led to the DL stints over the last 4+ years........Nevin has always been able to glove a ball, it's what he does after or on his way too that's been the issues........ He's awful in the field AWFUL, and if not for his ability to hit 30 bombs and drive in 100 ( when healthy ) he'd be outta work by now. The best 1st baseman on our team is stuck in LF and is struggling playing that position, why, because there's nowhere else to stick Nevin !

Rookie ERA
    If I had a choice, I'd definitely put Klesko at 1st instead of Nevin.

Nevin isn't even the best 1st basemen on this club.. (Klesko is)..

I remember just watching Klesko play 1st.. he was very very good there.

Well pads, we could always move Nevin back to 3rd ... can you say E5?!
    Nobody lookin out for nobody
    Maybe we should try and help somebody or be somebody
    Instead of being somebody that makes the news
    So everybody can tweet about it
    And then they start to R.I.P. about it
    And four weeks later nobody even speaks about it.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    KOBE........WE ALREADY SAY THAT ........lol.........