Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Greene for Hall straight up

Well, baseball prospectus doesn't support the claim of Greene being a defensive wonder, but I plead ignorance
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Defensive wonder?

I thought you just said defense doesn't matter.
    Are you trying to annoy me? Of course defense matters, but not in an argument about HOW MUCH BETTER OUR OFFENSE would be. In trading standpoints it matters completely, therefore I was arguing for Greene's value, as that other guy doesn't seem to udnerstand the value of trades when it's what you call a rental player.

Oh, and from SI.com:

San Diego is trying to acquire versatile, powerful Billy Hall. But Milwaukee would rather give up brats and beer than trade Hall.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Well, baseball prospectus doesn't support the claim of Greene being a defensive wonder, but I plead ignorance
    Fishercat, please, ask any Padres fan about Khalil's defense. The kid's the most amazing defensive SS I have seen since Ozzie, and that's not me jsut being a homer. He makes his errors, but on pure range and arm and just razzle-dazzle, the guy's spectacular.

As I said, I plead ignorance, but BP disagrees (even putting him in double-digits in runs below average). Just saying what they say.

And I fail to see why Milwaukee has to trade Hall.

He's not a FA-to-be.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    As I said, I plead ignorance, but BP disagrees (even putting him in double-digits in runs below average). Just saying what they say.
    You don't watch sportscenter? He's had more webgems than the whole NL west combined probably (this is an opening for you, Rangerman + Pirateman)

Quote Originally Posted by General
    And I fail to see why Milwaukee has to trade Hall.

He's not a FA-to-be.
    Yes, he is. That's why he did NOT sign an extension earlier this year; he knew how much money he could make elsewhere after this season.

So we're basing defensive prowess on WebGem appearances?

Why hasn't Eric Byrnes won a Gold Glove then?

Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    Yes, he is. That's why he did NOT sign an extension earlier this year; he knew how much money he could make elsewhere after this season.
    He's arbitration eligible, or at least I think so.

Got a link as to where you get your data from?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphictor
    I watched Gonzalez with the Rangers, and there's no proof to say that this year isn't anything more than a fluke.
    Adrian Gonzalez had a grand total of 192 at bats in his two seasons as a Ranger, not really enough to make an adaquate assessment as compared to the full season of starting this season.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Leo, my argument is not really irrelevent when 7/9 of that lineup will be the same.

But they'd add a guy with a .317 OBP!

That's the best hitter on the ****ing planet!

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    Adrian Gonzalez had a grand total of 192 at bats in his two seasons as a Ranger, not really enough to make an adaquate assessment as compared to the full season of starting this season.
    No point in even arguing with this Pirates guy. He's the SFU type; when wrong, he'll just ramble sweet nothings until you stop responding.

And I don't think Bill Hall has nearly enough service time to be a free agent. Him and Greene, at this moment, are separated by about 50 at-bats, and I think Hall has around 3 years of service (as in actual PT/MLB roster time) including this year, and Hall's making around 400k, which means I don't think he's hit arbitration. He probably becomes a FA around the same time as Greene.

(Reference: Before the season, Bill Hall had 2.099 years of service, Khalil Greene had 2.027 years of service according to Cot's Baseball Contracts

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast