Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Greene for Hall straight up

If I'm Milwaukee, I wouldn't do this deal.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    Name four offenses better than that one. If Texas is one of them, I will no longer discuss baseball with you.
    With the -rep you gave me, I'll post some.

Toronto
    New York Yankees
    Cleveland
    Boston
    St. Louis
    Detroit
    Oh, and the Rangers.

Hell, Colorado has a better offense. I was mainly just poking fun at San Diego, but don't get so pissy over it.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

MLB ERA
    just to ensure things are being discussed fairly, i'm fairly certain OBBF was reffering to the proposed post-trades line up, as opposed to the current Padres line up.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

AA ERA
    Even the proposed lineup isn't a whole lot better. 2 high paid 3B's that have failed since their new contracts? Pfft. Ensberg is/was a nice player, but he is inconsitant as hell. You'll get one great week and then you hardly notice him.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Pretty dumb idea.
    Not too many ideas sound better than "pretty dumb" when you love that reefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphictor
    With the -rep you gave me, I'll post some.

Toronto
    New York Yankees
    Cleveland
    Boston
    St. Louis
    Detroit
    Oh, and the Rangers.

Hell, Colorado has a better offense. I was mainly just poking fun at San Diego, but don't get so pissy over it.
    Toronto: Maybe
    NYY: Yes
    Cleveland: Maybe
    Boston: Yes
    St Louis: No
    Detroit: No
    Rangers: If every game was played in Arlington, maybe.
    Colorado: A decent lineup, but nowehere near what ours would be with the additions of Ensberg and Hall.

I'm not getting pissy, it's just a very ignorant comment to make; "Top 5 in the NL West". If we had Hall, 8th in the league in slugging percentage and easily a top 3 offensive SS, to go with Gonzo, a top 10 offensiv 1Bman as Barfield is also, Piazza is a top 5 (especially with Bard), Giles is a good number three hitter and produces runs, Ensberg/Beltre/Ramirez provide power, and Cameron provides clutch power and even more speed on top of Roberts (who is a GREAT leadoff hitter) and Barfield.

Yes, that would be a top five offense; I'm sorry if you do not know much about the players on our team.

And to those saying it would be a bad trade for the Brewers, I'll just assume you aren't informed that he is indeed a free agent next year and will demand double digit millions per year (which is double didgits too much for them) and are not contending this year, so would give them a good SS (granted, not fabulous yet) with loads of potential for cheap instead of just having Hall for a worthless third of a season.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    (especially with Bowen)
    No love for Bard?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    No love for Bard?
    Excuse me, that's who I meant

EDIT= Help me out here, Leo; would that not be the best lineup we've had since '98? Look at it:

Roberts: .375 OBP and PLENTY of steals
    Hall: .875 OPS
    Giles: he's Brian Giles
    Ensberg/Beltre/Ramirez: good for at LEAST 30 homeruns (well, I'd hope for Beltre)
    Gonzo: .825+ OPS
    Cameron: 20+ HRs, 80+ RBI
    Piazza: around .900 OPS, Bard even better
    Barfield: .300+ average, Stolen bases

Now argue that, Ranger.

AA ERA
    OBB, you're acting like a Padre homer. I watched Gonzalez with the Rangers, and there's no proof to say that this year isn't anything more than a fluke. Hall is good, but not top 3. Roberts is not a GREAT leadoff hitter, good but he certainly isn't the best. If he was, wouldn't he be played everyday? Piazza is not top 5 in anything anymore. And what does Barfield do other than get a few singles? Given this is the Padres forum I would expect some homerism but declaring this team to have a top 5 offense is ridiculous. Oh, and there's no way Hall gets traded to the Padres. Khalil wouldn't be near enough for Milwaukee to even consider it.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones

What about the White Sox (MLB leader in runs scored). The Mets?

I mean, at this point in the year, the Padres are 23rd in runs scored. 14th if you only include road games and possibly top 10 since they haven't had as many, but their like of ability at home (25th) in this short-sample leads me to believe that the addition of Bill Hall and subtraction of Khalil Greene wouldn't turn the 23rd ranked offense into the 5th ranked offense or even the 10th ranked offense

And it may be just me, but I don't get the hard-on for Beltre all around the baseball world. He had one good season and several disappointing ones
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphictor
    OBB, you're acting like a Padre homer. I watched Gonzalez with the Rangers, and there's no proof to say that this year isn't anything more than a fluke. Hall is good, but not top 3. Roberts is not a GREAT leadoff hitter, good but he certainly isn't the best. If he was, wouldn't he be played everyday? Piazza is not top 5 in anything anymore. And what does Barfield do other than get a few singles? Given this is the Padres forum I would expect some homerism but declaring this team to have a top 5 offense is ridiculous. Oh, and there's no way Hall gets traded to the Padres. Khalil wouldn't be near enough for Milwaukee to even consider it.
    Roberts does play everyday and statistically has been one of the best leadoff hitters this year (I never said he was the best)

Your comment about Gonzo is completely ridiculous and I shouldn't be responding, but I mgiht as well inform those of you who might somehow think the same: Gonzo is 24 years old. How can it be a fluke year? Progressing is a fluke? No sir, he's getting better.

Barfield only hits singles and steals bases, correct. Still better than 75% of 2Bmen out there and is only a rookie.

Name one SS better than Hall besides Jeter and Tejada, and we'll compare their stats this year. (don't even bother)

Piazza has had offensive numbers that are better than all but only a few catchers this year, so again you are wrong.

And you forgot the addition of Ensberg, Beltre, or Ramirez.

I can't believe I just proved every sentence in your post to be fictitious; kind of amazing. But I guess these facts are just me being a homer, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    What about the White Sox (MLB leader in runs scored). The Mets?

I mean, at this point in the year, the Padres are 23rd in runs scored. 14th if you only include road games and possibly top 10 since they haven't had as many, but their like of ability at home (25th) in this short-sample leads me to believe that the addition of Bill Hall and subtraction of Khalil Greene wouldn't turn the 23rd ranked offense into the 5th ranked offense or even the 10th ranked offense

And it may be just me, but I don't get the hard-on for Beltre all around the baseball world. He had one good season and several disappointing ones
    The Mets and White Sox both have better offenses than what ours would be, I agree. I said we are top five, not the best, and he did not suggest either of them.

And for Beltre, it does not have to be him; it could be Ensberg or Ramirez. If you look at my previous posts, you will realize that we would have one of the ebst offenses in baseball, in or around the top five (every player in our linuep is at elast in the top ten at heir position).

And using our lack of production at home is absolutely absurd! That's like saying theRockies are the best offense in baseball by only looking at their home stats. We play at Petco Park, one of the three hardest places to hit in baseball, so yes, we're more around the the tenth or eleventh best offense as of right now if you take into account how hard it is to hit in Petco. Now add the third best SS in baseball and Ensberg or Ramirez, and you have a top 5 (maybe 6 or 7) lineup.

If you're going purely by this year

Try Edgar Renteria, Carlos Guillen, maybe Julio Lugo.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Renteria's better than Hall.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    If you're going purely by this year

Try Edgar Renteria, Carlos Guillen, maybe Julio Lugo.
    None of their OPS or homeruns are anywhere close to Hall's. Come on, if you're going to debate with me, please be realistic

I responded to your post in case you didn't notice while writing yours.

EDIT= Sorry, you all are right, Renteria is having a great season. I apologize for not noticing him; I guess at SS it's a fab four then of him, Hall, Tejada, and Jeter.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast