Thread: Trevor Hoffman = All Star

MLB ERA

Trevor Hoffman = All Star

Trevor Hoffman is the Padres lone all star rep (as of now...)

congrats to him
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    We need to vote CY as the last man.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    Trevor Hoffman is the Padres lone all star rep (as of now...)

congrats to him
    Congrats to Hoffman! Now if we can only get Chris Young in there as well. His numbers say all-star, but he's not as known around the league. It's gonna be tough, but I'm putting in my votes.

MLB ERA
    Major congrats to Hoffman. The dude is, I think, 38 years old and still one of the best closers in the game with 20 saves and a 1.16 ERA. Amazing!
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I have had enough of Trevor Hoffman! It is requisite, even in this summary sketch, to go back a few years to see how Trevor says that clericalism is the key to world peace. You know, I don't think I have heard a less factually based statement in my entire life. As we all know, he refuses to do anything for himself. Is there a way to counter his disrespectful warnings? Oh yes, there is a way. It's really quite simple and can be done by any individual. It doesn't cost a thing, monetarily. It requires only time, diligence, and a desire to push a consistent vision that responds to most people's growing fears about flippant pop psychologists.

Trevor is the picture of the insane person on the street, babbling to a tree, a wall, or a cloud, which cannot and does not respond to his ruses. Many people are shocked when I tell them that vexatious schemers, virulent know-nothings, and Trevor's secret agents are entirely and completely fungible. And I'm shocked that so many people are shocked. You see, I had thought everybody already knew that if one could get a Ph.D. in Militarism, Trevor would be the first in line to have one. Let's face it: He wants to produce an army of mindless insects who will obey his every command. To produce such an army, Trevor plans to destroy people's minds using either drugs or an advanced form of lobotomy. Whichever approach he takes, my love for people necessitates that I encourage individuals to come out of their cocoons and flourish. Yes, I face opposition from Trevor. However, this is not a reason to quit but to strive harder. The hour is late indeed. Fortunately, it's not yet too late to restore the world back to its original balance. The fact that Trevor's associates have demonstrated brutally, horribly, and with great terror how they will revile everything in the most obscene terms and drag it into the filth of the basest possible outlook is particularly striking, since if I want to die a slow and painful death, that should be my prerogative. I indubitably don't need Trevor forcing me to.

Now let's have some fun and examine a few of Trevor's more ridiculous statements. First, Trevor said that he holds a universal license that allows him to abuse science by using it as a mechanism of ideology. That's rather abhorrent, isn't it? Later on, he claimed that his criticisms provide a liberating insight into life, the universe, and everything. What this really means is that he wants to substitute rumor and gossip for bona fide evidence.

When asked to mend his ways, Trevor will give people a wink and a smile, but when the wheels begin to turn, it's business as usual. I don't want this to sound like sour grapes, but I no longer believe that trends like family breakdown, promiscuity, and violence are random events. Not only are they explicitly glorified and promoted by Trevor's spiteful hijinks, but he has stated that violence and prejudice are funny. One clear inference from that statement -- an inference that is never really disavowed -- is that bad things "just happen" (i.e., they're not caused by Trevor himself). Now that's just sullen. I acknowledge freely and make no apology for the fact that I once considered it reasonable for humorless practitioners of extremism to create a climate of intimidation. But now I know that he has a glib proficiency with words and very sensitive nostrils. Trevor can smell money in your pocket from a block away. Once that delicious aroma reaches his nostrils, he'll start talking about the joy of conformism and how he can ridicule the accomplishments of generations of great men and women and get away with it. As you listen to Trevor's sing-song, chances are you won't even notice his hand as it goes into your pocket. Only later, after you realize you've been robbed, will you truly understand that he intends to create a new social class. Huffy doomsday prophets, pernicious scallawags, and illogical scalawags will be given aristocratic status. The rest of us will be forced into serving as their helpers.

Notice the amateurish tendency of Trevor's ebullitions. So, what am I doing about that? I'm educating. I'm trying to do what needs to be done. I've known some nobodies who were impressively unpleasant. However, Trevor is irascible, and that trumps unpleasant every time.

Tell me something: What accounts for Trevor's prodigious criminality and dissipation? The answer to that question has broad implications. For example, I don't care what others say about Trevor. He's still pestilential, saturnine, and he intends to plague our minds. To Hell with him! "Snivelling", "abusive", and "antihumanist" seem the most appropriate adjectives to describe his declamations. With enough time and room, it would be easy to show why this must be true, but the clinching argument is simply that his inclinations are not restrained by any moral scruples. Trevor vehemently denies that, of course. But he obviously would, because if we don't remove the Trevor Hoffman threat now, it will bite us in our backside by the end of the decade.

We must reach out to people with the message that Trevor's prophecies are pockmarked with garrulous onanism and other assorted ills. We must alert people of that. We must educate them. We must inspire them. And we must encourage them to resolve our disputes without violence.

My dream is for tired eyes to open and see clearly, broken spirits to find new energy, and weary arms to find the strength to make efforts directed towards broad, long-term social change. If we don't soon tell Trevor to stop what he's doing, he will proceed with his unctuous, blockish invectives, considerably emboldened by our lack of resistance. We will have tacitly given Trevor our permission to do so. He is reluctant to resolve problems. He always just looks the other way and hopes no one will notice that I strive to be consistent in my arguments. I can't say that I'm 100% true to this but Trevor's frequent vacillating leads me to believe that he focuses on feelings rather than facts. Sure, Trevor attempts to twist and distort facts to justify his feelings but that just goes to show that the baneful nature of his slogans is not just a rumor. It is a fact to which I can testify. Some people are responsible and others are not. Trevor falls into the category of "not". Now I certainly do not want to sound discouraging, but he wants to encourage individuals to disregard other people, to become fully self-absorbed. You know what groups have historically wanted to do the same thing? Fascists and Nazis.

I plan to rally good-hearted people to the side of our cause. This is a choice I have made; your choice is up to you. But let me remind you that people often get the impression that crass derelicts and Trevor's cronies are separate entities. Not so. When one catches cold, the other sneezes. As proof, note that Trevor used to complain about being persecuted. Now he is our primary persecutor. This reversal of roles reminds me that Trevor's stances should be labeled like a pack of cigarettes. I'm thinking of something along the lines of, "Warning: It has been determined that Trevor's drug-induced ravings are intended to preach hatred." It is quite true, of course, that we must always be looking towards the future while keeping the past in mind. But almost every day, Trevor outreaches himself in setting new records for arrogance, deceit, and greed. It's truly breathtaking to watch him.

If you've read any of the soporific slop that Trevor has concocted, you'll unquestionably recall Trevor's description of his plan to grant a free ride to the undeserving. If you haven't read any of it, well, all you really need to know is that we were put on this planet to be active, to struggle, and to arraign Trevor at the tribunal of public opinion. We were not put here to crush any semblance of opposition to Trevor's polyloquent, scornful endeavors, as Trevor might aver. If he has any children, I recommend that Trevor teach them about love, trust, cooperation, community, reason, negotiation, and compromise rather than violence, paranoia, and fear. He claims that the federal government should take more and more of our hard-earned money and more and more of our hard-won rights. Predictably, he cites no hard data for that claim. This is because no such data exist. That's the end of this letter. If I was unable to convince you that it would be downright wanton for Trevor Hoffman to work both sides of the political fence, then you should definitely consider contacting me with your supporting or refuting evidence, opinions, personal stories, etc., so that I can make a better argument in my next letter.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    I have had enough of Trevor Hoffman! It is requisite, even in this summary sketch, to go back a few years to see how Trevor says that clericalism is the key to world peace. You know, I don't think I have heard a less factually based statement in my entire life. As we all know, he refuses to do anything for himself. Is there a way to counter his disrespectful warnings? Oh yes, there is a way. It's really quite simple and can be done by any individual. It doesn't cost a thing, monetarily. It requires only time, diligence, and a desire to push a consistent vision that responds to most people's growing fears about flippant pop psychologists.

Trevor is the picture of the insane person on the street, babbling to a tree, a wall, or a cloud, which cannot and does not respond to his ruses. Many people are shocked when I tell them that vexatious schemers, virulent know-nothings, and Trevor's secret agents are entirely and completely fungible. And I'm shocked that so many people are shocked. You see, I had thought everybody already knew that if one could get a Ph.D. in Militarism, Trevor would be the first in line to have one. Let's face it: He wants to produce an army of mindless insects who will obey his every command. To produce such an army, Trevor plans to destroy people's minds using either drugs or an advanced form of lobotomy. Whichever approach he takes, my love for people necessitates that I encourage individuals to come out of their cocoons and flourish. Yes, I face opposition from Trevor. However, this is not a reason to quit but to strive harder. The hour is late indeed. Fortunately, it's not yet too late to restore the world back to its original balance. The fact that Trevor's associates have demonstrated brutally, horribly, and with great terror how they will revile everything in the most obscene terms and drag it into the filth of the basest possible outlook is particularly striking, since if I want to die a slow and painful death, that should be my prerogative. I indubitably don't need Trevor forcing me to.

Now let's have some fun and examine a few of Trevor's more ridiculous statements. First, Trevor said that he holds a universal license that allows him to abuse science by using it as a mechanism of ideology. That's rather abhorrent, isn't it? Later on, he claimed that his criticisms provide a liberating insight into life, the universe, and everything. What this really means is that he wants to substitute rumor and gossip for bona fide evidence.

When asked to mend his ways, Trevor will give people a wink and a smile, but when the wheels begin to turn, it's business as usual. I don't want this to sound like sour grapes, but I no longer believe that trends like family breakdown, promiscuity, and violence are random events. Not only are they explicitly glorified and promoted by Trevor's spiteful hijinks, but he has stated that violence and prejudice are funny. One clear inference from that statement -- an inference that is never really disavowed -- is that bad things "just happen" (i.e., they're not caused by Trevor himself). Now that's just sullen. I acknowledge freely and make no apology for the fact that I once considered it reasonable for humorless practitioners of extremism to create a climate of intimidation. But now I know that he has a glib proficiency with words and very sensitive nostrils. Trevor can smell money in your pocket from a block away. Once that delicious aroma reaches his nostrils, he'll start talking about the joy of conformism and how he can ridicule the accomplishments of generations of great men and women and get away with it. As you listen to Trevor's sing-song, chances are you won't even notice his hand as it goes into your pocket. Only later, after you realize you've been robbed, will you truly understand that he intends to create a new social class. Huffy doomsday prophets, pernicious scallawags, and illogical scalawags will be given aristocratic status. The rest of us will be forced into serving as their helpers.

Notice the amateurish tendency of Trevor's ebullitions. So, what am I doing about that? I'm educating. I'm trying to do what needs to be done. I've known some nobodies who were impressively unpleasant. However, Trevor is irascible, and that trumps unpleasant every time.

Tell me something: What accounts for Trevor's prodigious criminality and dissipation? The answer to that question has broad implications. For example, I don't care what others say about Trevor. He's still pestilential, saturnine, and he intends to plague our minds. To Hell with him! "Snivelling", "abusive", and "antihumanist" seem the most appropriate adjectives to describe his declamations. With enough time and room, it would be easy to show why this must be true, but the clinching argument is simply that his inclinations are not restrained by any moral scruples. Trevor vehemently denies that, of course. But he obviously would, because if we don't remove the Trevor Hoffman threat now, it will bite us in our backside by the end of the decade.

We must reach out to people with the message that Trevor's prophecies are pockmarked with garrulous onanism and other assorted ills. We must alert people of that. We must educate them. We must inspire them. And we must encourage them to resolve our disputes without violence.

My dream is for tired eyes to open and see clearly, broken spirits to find new energy, and weary arms to find the strength to make efforts directed towards broad, long-term social change. If we don't soon tell Trevor to stop what he's doing, he will proceed with his unctuous, blockish invectives, considerably emboldened by our lack of resistance. We will have tacitly given Trevor our permission to do so. He is reluctant to resolve problems. He always just looks the other way and hopes no one will notice that I strive to be consistent in my arguments. I can't say that I'm 100% true to this but Trevor's frequent vacillating leads me to believe that he focuses on feelings rather than facts. Sure, Trevor attempts to twist and distort facts to justify his feelings but that just goes to show that the baneful nature of his slogans is not just a rumor. It is a fact to which I can testify. Some people are responsible and others are not. Trevor falls into the category of "not". Now I certainly do not want to sound discouraging, but he wants to encourage individuals to disregard other people, to become fully self-absorbed. You know what groups have historically wanted to do the same thing? Fascists and Nazis.

I plan to rally good-hearted people to the side of our cause. This is a choice I have made; your choice is up to you. But let me remind you that people often get the impression that crass derelicts and Trevor's cronies are separate entities. Not so. When one catches cold, the other sneezes. As proof, note that Trevor used to complain about being persecuted. Now he is our primary persecutor. This reversal of roles reminds me that Trevor's stances should be labeled like a pack of cigarettes. I'm thinking of something along the lines of, "Warning: It has been determined that Trevor's drug-induced ravings are intended to preach hatred." It is quite true, of course, that we must always be looking towards the future while keeping the past in mind. But almost every day, Trevor outreaches himself in setting new records for arrogance, deceit, and greed. It's truly breathtaking to watch him.

If you've read any of the soporific slop that Trevor has concocted, you'll unquestionably recall Trevor's description of his plan to grant a free ride to the undeserving. If you haven't read any of it, well, all you really need to know is that we were put on this planet to be active, to struggle, and to arraign Trevor at the tribunal of public opinion. We were not put here to crush any semblance of opposition to Trevor's polyloquent, scornful endeavors, as Trevor might aver. If he has any children, I recommend that Trevor teach them about love, trust, cooperation, community, reason, negotiation, and compromise rather than violence, paranoia, and fear. He claims that the federal government should take more and more of our hard-earned money and more and more of our hard-won rights. Predictably, he cites no hard data for that claim. This is because no such data exist. That's the end of this letter. If I was unable to convince you that it would be downright wanton for Trevor Hoffman to work both sides of the political fence, then you should definitely consider contacting me with your supporting or refuting evidence, opinions, personal stories, etc., so that I can make a better argument in my next letter.
    If you're gonna smoke crack, cut it AFTER you smoke it.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    If you're gonna smoke crack, cut it AFTER you smoke it.
    http://www.pakin.org/complaint/

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    Fudging genius. This would have saved me months at SOSD... well, perhaps not, it won;t let me paste my Moores complaining for some reason.

MLB ERA
    I have been following the stories and comments surrounding Michael Young, and frankly, I'm appalled. How will Young's adulators react when they discover that Young wants to create a climate in which it will be assumed that our achievements reflect not individual worth, talent, or skill, but special consideration? I begin with critical semantic clarifications. First, I will never give up. I will never stop trying. And I will use every avenue possible to deal with Young appropriately.

Young's utterances have kept us separated for too long from the love, contributions, and challenges of our brothers and sisters in this wonderful adventure we share together -- life! Let's keep our fingers crossed that Young doesn't rob us of our lives, our health, our honor, and our belongings. I want to unify our community. Young, in contrast, wants to drive divisive ideological wedges through it.

Young, do you feel no shame for what you've done? I don't know what his problem is, but Young's solutions have merged with negativism in several interesting ways. Both spring from the same kind of reality-denying mentality. Both misdirect our efforts into fighting each other rather than into understanding the nature and endurance of lackluster nihilism. And both don the mantel of separatism and lure the confused into his coterie. I recently read a book confirming what I've been saying for years, that he likes to quote all of the saccharine, sticky moralisms about "human rights" and the evils of solipsism. But as soon as we stop paying attention, Young invariably instructs his proxies to demand that Earth submit to the dominion of squalid racketeers. Then, when someone notices, the pattern repeats from the beginning. Though this game may seem perverse beyond belief to any sane individual, it makes perfect sense in light of Young's disruptive effusions.

On the other hand, this is not the place to develop that subject. It demands many pages of analysis, which I can't spare in this letter. Instead, I'll just state the key point, which is that Young is absolutely determined to believe that he is the ultimate authority on what's right and what's wrong, and he's not about to let facts or reason get in his way. I oppose his wheelings and dealings because they are out-of-touch. I oppose them because they are unconscionable. And I oppose them because they will rally for a cause that is completely void of moral, ethical, or legal validity in the coming days. Those of us who are too lazy or disinterested to illustrate the virtues that Young lacks -- courage, truthfulness, courtesy, honesty, diligence, chivalry, loyalty, and industry -- have no right to complain when he and his buddies violate his pledge not to extinguish the voices of opposition.

Young knows how to lie. It's too bad he doesn't yet understand the ramifications of lying. There's a lot of talk nowadays about his mealymouthed conclusions but not much action. Lastly, for those who read this letter, I truly hope you take it to heart and pass this message on to others.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Michael Young is a great player that deserves praise. Trevor Hoffman is a *enter dirty words*.

How can you blow the All Star game in Pittsburgh?

MLB ERA
    I am now happier than ever that Hoffman made it to the all-star game. So nice of him to give Young a game winning 2-run triple.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    Michael Young is a great player that deserves praise. Trevor Hoffman is a *enter dirty words*.

How can you blow the All Star game in Pittsburgh?

How can you not have your best defensive 3rd baseman playing ? Rolen
    How can you not have your best defensive CFer playing ? Jones
    How can you not be playing back when there is an 0-2 count with 2 outs ? Even with the bag on the line at least play back and straight up to give yourself a chance......what a joke

Oh yah.....just blame Hoffman for getting two dribblers and the routine ground ball that wasn't played properly...it's far easier....
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    Michael Young is a great player that deserves praise. Miguel Cabrerra is a *enter dirty words*.

How can you hug the line with nobody on base and 2 outs in the 9th inning and the NL on top in the All Star game in Pittsburgh?
    I agree