Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zito hires Bora$$

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Hasn't exactly been dominant this year - just a nice starter.

I'd imagine he's not going to hold up through the end of 2006, and it's probably unlikely he'll even pitch through another year at all.
    You said Smoltz couldn't return to the starter's role before last year so yeah. You could get two pitchers to help for the price Zito is going to be asking for. Save money and get some offense.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    Isn't Schmidt a FA at the end of the season ?
    Yes Schmidt is a FA after this year but Sabean has hinted at starting talks soon with an extension.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    For the record, to whoever said "keep dreaming" about Zito, that is exactly why we DON'T get big names: we make it ok for Moores to not fork out the dough, monotoneously just "accepting" that we would never spend that kind of money even when we sure as hell have that much left in our "budget". For the record, though, I do agree that moores is more likely to end up buying 15 million hamburgers and 15 million worth of players rather than simply spending his created budget on our ("his") Padres.
    we make it ok for Moores to not fork out the dough
    And keep supporting Moores and the rest of his suits by buying tickets to games, jerseys, caps, and any other Padre garb/productions. With attendance down somewhat this season he must be feeling some of that crunch. This is the language that Moores speaks.......yet we continue to support our home town team. Who are the fools here?

Besides, why do we need big names? Big names are so often over-rated. We just need players that get the job done. Why aren't we demanding that?

Although only at an adequate level it seems the team is getting the job done for now. This mentality of more, more, more, just takes the focus and fun out of the game.....sit back, relax, and enjoy........
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I've sold off many sets of tixs .....especially when I know the "B" squad is playing....My wife and I aren't buying new jersey's or garb......but I refuse to give up my season tixs, because I know I wont ever get front row seats where I currently have them again......but I sure am NOT going to attend as many games as I usually do during times when they aren't doing what is needed to compete.......but as long as they have give away days on the weekends, they will continue to sell seats
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA
    boycotting is such a wasted effort if you ask me. All that does is give them further excuse to lower payroll even more.

If the Padres win attendance will go up
    if the Padres lose attendance will go down.

It's only natural and just let it happen naturally and he should respond.

But to make it a concious effort, and go as far as to call people who don't stupid, is taking it too far and fighting a useless battle which could only do more harm than good if you ask me.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    I've sold off many sets of tixs .....especially when I know the "B" squad is playing....My wife and I aren't buying new jersey's or garb......but I refuse to give up my season tixs, because I know I wont ever get front row seats where I currently have them again......but I sure am NOT going to attend as many games as I usually do during times when they aren't doing what is needed to compete.......but as long as they have give away days on the weekends, they will continue to sell seats
    Don't get me wrong and I've told you before, I'm not judging those who continue to support. It's what we do, we support, no matter what. If I were you I wouldn't give up the seats either. And if I were still living there, I'd be there right along with you.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    boycott.....don't boycott.....express your unhappiness.......don't say anything....pretty much says it all and why the majority of people don't really know how to act

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    back on topic here...and to finally put this to rest for the Padres fans (regarding a possible trade)...

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=...Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

"I have no problem just taking the draft picks" as compensation from the team that ultimately signs Zito, Beane said.

MLB ERA
    Boras' asking price for Zito = 5 years, 20 mil per year.

100 mil for Zito.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Oh yah......no problem....... .......... Next stop for Zito the Yankees

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123