Thread: A Winning Attitude and Team Chemistry

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres A Winning Attitude and Team Chemistry

I copied this from the Tommy Lasorda MLBlog. I thought it representative of the struggle that the Pads are going through right now. Does anyone else agree that the Pads are lacking in this area or is it just me?

A Winning Attitude
    With so much talk about the chemistry of the Dodgers, I want to take a moment to talk about team chemistry. Having chemistry begins with having the right attitude, a winning attitude.

In order to taste the fruits of victory, all 25 players, the manager, coaching staff and front office have to get on one end of the rope and pull together. If half of the players get on one end of the rope, and the other half gets on the other end of the rope, they can pull all day and all they’ll do is pull against themselves. However, if they all pull together, they will pull the rest of the teams with them.

To have chemistry, every player in the clubhouse has to play in an unselfish fashion. They have to play for the name on the front of the jersey, not for the name on the back. For example, if the club is down by a run with a runner on second an no outs, the batter has to hit the ball on the ground to the right side of the diamond, advancing the runner to third where he can score 11 different ways that he can’t score from second.

Another example of putting the team first comes when you have runners on second and third with no outs. The batter must hit the ball, on the ground, to the right side. If he does, one run scores and the baserunner advances to third. The next batter must hit the ball, on the ground, to the right side as well because another run will score. You have two outs, but you have scored two runs. That is playing for the team.

A winning attitude is grounded in self-confidence. You’ve got to believe; you have to believe you can win any game you play. You have to believe you are a championship team. If you do, you will practice like a championship team, and if you practice like a championship team you will play like a championship team. If you play like a championship team, that’s where you will finish.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I think that is very well written, and 100% correct for any team in baseball..... "team" concept has been lost on many........it's really sad........ fundmental baseball is without a question lacking on the Padres right now.....but that can all be turned around quickly, that's the one good thing.....

So lets do just that........we just took 2-3 from the division leader, that's great, now let's win the next series and the next, and the next......etc.....