Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old School.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Old School.

Huh?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres Re: Old School.

Quote Originally Posted by PadresAngel View Post
    Wellam,been a minute since I popped in,Place looks greeat..
    Lets start at the begining.DoubleHeaders were indeed 2 games for 1 Price, and they were scheduled, and had maybe a 40 min between games break.Since your SP's went 9 innings or more,EVERY START, you didnt need to worry too much about using 12 pitchers on the whole day. The players liked it, the Fans Loved it..So, that leaves 1 group to ruin it.
    The same Brainstormers that brought you Chicago's "Disco Record" night.
    The Same Genious(? irony) that fired the KGB Chicken.Then hired him.Then Lost him.
    The same "Business" guru that paid A-Rod.
    When WE support chicken shit wanna be players that ended up owning teams, we had to know we were gonna get screwed.
    I can name you so many cool,and utterly useless, peices of Baseball trivia, but the 1 that really sticks in my mind, is the Last time I went to a Major Lg Park.
    2001, sometime after Sept 11th games resumed.
    In Seattles new,Citizen disapproved but paid for park.
    The stadium we got stuck paying for, but whom Owners sold to SafeCo. INS. for millions.
    I Love the game and would like to go, but you know, I dont have the time to make any Passion for it.I dont instill it upon my kids,either, and thats doubly sad.
    When Americans FINALLLLYY get mad enough to slap down the Congress and Senate for the 30+ Years of robbing us while stuffing thier own pockets,and retirements, MAYBE someone will also stand up and demand that Sports,and ALL entertainment, needs to back right up,sit right down, and rethink "entitlement".

Besides that, I sure hope Trevor stays, and it looks sorta bleak to me right now..Go BoltZ

Right on bro. I get ya. Everything you said. It ain't the same game I used to know either.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Old School.

Is it too much to ask them to still take IF/OF before the game ?
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12