Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How 'bout more day games at Petco

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres How 'bout more day games at Petco

Since baseball was meant to be played under the sun, and the Padres are clearly better during the day, how 'bout we schedule more day games at Petco.... They aren't getting that many more people to attend night games on Tues-Thurs. than have showed up during the day games on Weds & Thurs. so far....so why not make them day games ? I fully understand the arguement about more people attending at night, but thats clearly not the case, so lets do away with that aspect of the debate......I suggest day games on Sun, Tues, Weds, Thurs. & night games on Mon, Fri & Sat......

Lets make Petco feel like Wrigley west.... day games are so much more fun anyway....

Yah I know....never happen, but I'd like to know what everyone else thinks about having more day games
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

I thought you were against day games, isn't that what you said last season? If, not. My bad.

Alderson was on last week's FUX game o' the week and said SD fans don't like day games. HUH? Since when? Has SD changed that much? Remember back when they used to call them "businessman specials"? The day games are cool cuz there are way more naked people than at night......

Or is it that SD suits don't like them cuz they don't get the crowds=$$$ that night games do?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    No you're on right about what I said, but not completely accurate about the context.....I was against them moving the day game to Weds. from Thurs.....the reason for that is I bought my season tixs specifiacally to have a night game during the week, and day game on Sunday....but if they moved the majority of games during the week to day games, I'd be ok with it....just hated the idea of having my package for 9 years and then suddenly not able to use all my season tixs....

MLB ERA
    .....and if I had wanted to switch my package to another set of days or nights.....I'd lose my seniority.....which is just not going to happen....so we ended up trading in 4-5 sets of tixs already and lost our season tix seats by doing it........just pissed me off a little.......leave the day game on Thurs. or make all mid week games day games......but stop moving it around

MLB ERA
    i'm indifferent.

It does make it tough to get to the game on my season pack if it's in the day durring the week, though.

They should put more day games on Saturday. My last Saturday game was a day game, and it was nice.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

OK padrefan....I thought I recalled something to that effect.....anyhoo....and what about double headers? Anyone remember those? These over-paid crybabies can't handle the grueling occasional doubleheader, other than the occasional rainout makeup of course?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Day games are good every now and then when it comes to the weekday. Many people have work, school, and just cannot attend the game. As for holidays and weekends, it makes perfect sense to have it during the day.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    Day games are good every now and then when it comes to the weekday. Many people have work, school, and just cannot attend the game. As for holidays and weekends, it makes perfect sense to have it during the day.

Here's the interesting thing.....night games on Tues - Thurs. get around 22-26000 butts in the seats..... day games on Weds or Thurs. see the same basic # of butts in the seats....so it's a wash for attendance, and they are playing during the day....so I say make 'um all day games.....Lets set a west coast precident and be different than everyone

MLB ERA
    i'd rather Thursday games not be day games.

I can only convince my chief to let me go early for a baseball game so many times.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo

I can only convince my chief to let me go early for a baseball game so many times.
    Not unless you promise him/her coffee. He/she will probably let you go all the time then.

MLB ERA

This was the move that pissed existing season tix holders off.... Moving an established Thurs. Day game to Weds..... wtf ?? Keep it on Thurs, as it has been for years.....not one single need to start scrambling that.....

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    This was the move that pissed existing season tix holders off.... Moving an established Thurs. Day game to Weds..... wtf ?? Keep it on Thurs, as it has been for years.....not one single need to start scrambling that.....
    There's still day games on Thursday....in fact my next two Thursday games start at 12:45.

Two years ago I didn't have any day games...had Thursday/Saturday then as well.

MLB ERA
    Aren't most of Wrigley Field's games during the day (around noon-3pm?). It usually feels like it whenever I tune to WGN.

MLB ERA
    Yes which is why I said we could be Wrigley West....lol

MLB ERA
    There's still day games on Thursday....in fact my next two Thursday games start at 12:45.

Two years ago I didn't have any day games...had Thursday/Saturday then as well.
    And a few years before that day games during the week were only ever on Thurs. thus the Thurs. Businessman special was born

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast