Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shawn Estes hits DL

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by FmrFresnan
    I'm just not understanding why you're so down on Estes? He's had 1 start and already people are down on him. Let's give Estes 1 or 2 more starts and then see where he is.
    i'm not dogging Estes for his work thus far this season, i'm dogging him for his mediocre at best career....which is not as "good" as Chan Ho's nor as good as Woody's. I simply trust CHP and Woody to continue to succeed more than I do Estes.

Even Dewon Brazelton pitched a good game once.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    I think your confusing dogging Estes with us not being satisfied with a mediocre group of aging hasbeens........ Estes winning 13-14 as our #4 starter would be great........I doubt you'd ever hear anyone saying anything about him as the #4 starter........but as our #2..........yah right
    despite the fact that he pitched the 2nd game he's still not our 2nd best pitcher, that title belongs to Chris Young.

CY may not be what you (or I) consider to be a true "#2" pitcher (at least not yet?) but he's still OUR #2 pitcher, even if he didn't pitch till the 3rd game.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    CY.........could be a nice omen that his initials are that eh ?
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Look guys, this is our rotation right now and it's what we're going to have to deal with until a move is made before the deadline or guys like Carillo are brought up. I'm not going to give up on anyone yet, ok except maybe Brazelton, but we're not even 20 games into the season yet, let's see if this team starts to come around with Cammy entering the mix.

MLB ERA
    Well fans that don't talk about things they don't like, aren't really fans at all........ discussing possible moves, things you don't like, or moves you support is what these forums are for........... or am I completely wrong ??? Is this place only where you pipe sunshine up a GM's butt telling him how great he is for collecting a group of hasbeens ?

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

My point is, we can talk about what we don't like until the cows come home, this is what we have to deal with until a move gets made to fix our rotation. So since we're talking about what changes we want to see made, here's my idea. We bring up Carillo, IF he's ready, and move Sweeney and Hensley into the rotation full time. That would make our rotation Peavy, Young, Carillo, Sweeney, Hensley.....not bad if you ask me.

MLB ERA
    Well thats true, but I think, and I'll scroll back, but I think what I said is that if we lost all the hasbeens, it would force the change.........in other words get new blood in here other than old guys...... The changes you suggest would be fine........the idea is getting rid of the hasbeens

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    Well the best thing would be for us to lose.....Estes, Woody, CHP and any other scrubb we have forcing the Padres to make a solid move to get a real frontline arm in here............but as has been pointed out by a few, who would they get ?

This is where the conversation spun off.......... and I still agree with this......in fact your moves would support this.......

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

If I remember correctly, I've heard that commercial with Sandy Alderson stating "The Padres will contend year in and year out", for what, last place? This is not what we've been dealing with since 1998, mediocrity. Yes, the Padres are the defending NL West Champs, but only because the rest of the division was horrible. I'm done just 'settling' for mediocrity, why can't this team be a NL contender every year, what is stopping us?

MLB ERA
    That's why I'm screaming for a frontline #2 arm here NOW......almost at whatever cost..........yah yah yah next year .......whatever

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

I guess there is some good that we can find in all this.....we're not the Florida Marlins, but I'm done waiting for next year. Next year is going to be our year, next year, next year, next year. Why the hell are we kept waiting.

MLB ERA
    it's a travesty that it's happend the way it has, but you don't want to blow up what little of a farm we have to make a desperate attempt to squirt our load this year when we're better off building for next year and beyond.

I like what i'm seeing in Sandy's short term thus far. I like KT for the most part, but he ****ed up the farm with his piss poor drafts, and that is the key cog to building a good small to mid market team. And you can't fix the farm over one offseason.

KT, with Sandy now over his shoulder, has done a fine job putting together what he can to keep the 2006 club as competitive as possible while not jeopardizing the future.

Sure, they possibly could've sold more in desperate hopes of winning "this year" but if they did too much then next year and beyond we wouldn't be talking about "next year" we'd be talking about "last year"

That said, Zito appears to be a realistic possiblity now and they should do what it takes to get him on board.

MLB ERA
    yup...........and sign him...........then this year becomes a realistic possiblity and next year the right FA signings could make us look incredible

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Hollywood, come on dude, this is a family threat...lmao

MLB ERA
    threat.......what threat.........who's the threat........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast