Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trade KC-COL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Trade KC-COL

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Can I get in on the action? I could use another OF or another SP.
    Get in on the action? You horndog!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by albbla2000mu View Post
    Why not trade elite players to me? Am I bad guy? Well, granted...I am a bad guy, but still. If you're team isnt going to win the title this year or next you SHOULD be trying to trade elite guys to current great teams in the league.
    Especially if they're young and just entering their prime.

And suddenly every post in this thread sounds perverted. Look what you did now, Zod. Damn it.
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by albbla2000mu View Post
    Why not trade elite players to me? Am I bad guy? Well, granted...I am a bad guy, but still. If you're team isnt going to win the title this year or next you SHOULD be trying to trade elite guys to current great teams in the league.
    I would think most people don't want to let the good teams acquire good players, its like trading with the Yankees.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Especially if they're young and just entering their prime.

And suddenly every post in this thread sounds perverted. Look what you did now, Zod. Damn it.
    Titsworth will do that! And its "Damn you Zod!!!!" not, Zod damn it! Lol

Secondly, I traded wil Col for 2 reasons,

1) they were the only team that had a need a 1B that had something I wanted. (Ana was the other team but they didn't have really anything to trade)

2) they are an NL team and I'm and AL. Only way Poli comes back to bite me is if we have a rematch of the WS a few years ago and the only way I could do that was with the few pieces I got from Col.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I am not a fan of people doing deals just cause.. that's the only offer they got. Because that's as lame as a reason as Impossibles is saying it's lame that people are complaining because they didn't offer more. Not that it would have taken much to offer more. Besides the point. I have a point, hang on, it slipped from my mind. Oh yeah, so, any time someone just takes a deal because that's all they got, then you're a blatant dumbass. When you list a 26 year old 8-7-10-10-9 hitter, who at the very least is hitting 30 homeruns and walking 100 times, you naturally assume the person wants a bag of 5 star prospects when they say..they want prospects. Who wouldn't, especially with 9 out of every 10 GMs want prospects in this league. But it is a person's fault for not asking specifically want Zodious might have wanted. There's a lot of people that are wrong in this situation. You can point the finger at me as well since I was the only fail..

Speaking of fail, I failed it because you traded a possible MVP candidate for a 26 year old closer.. that is not filled out. Not only that, Poli is only league minimum right now and will at least be an arbitration eligible player for another 2 seasons? He might be 29 before you actually have to sign him to a big deal. And if anyone pays attention to what star players get in this league, he probably gets 13-14 mill a year. Which is reasonable, for a great player. If the closer was all 10's as his potential is, I would be far less critical, but he's not. He's not filled out, and Poli is. They're the same age. None of the other players will be impact players in this league, nothing close to what Poli would provide. That's my opinion, that's why I failed it, and I could care less if someone disagrees with it.

And hey, look how hostile leagues have become now. So much for taking everything in jest, and having fun right? Cause it's not fun. And now all TC's have a fucking bullseye on their back. I appreciate making sim leagues become a witch hunt, so to speak. Or maybe we're just communists? Can we get General on council?
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I am going to close this due to other comments posted earlier, that I missed. I don't want this to get out of hand. Feel free to continue to debate the trade, in a mature an appropriate manner (God forbid) in the random rumblings thread, kids. Thank you.
    Ted

Hey, I'd be down to join the council.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123