SP Jeffrey McCarthy, 4.0 spec stars, mlc
    MR Kyle Bevins, 3.5 spec stars, mlc
    C Christopher Edwards, 2.5 stars, 300K
    SP Wilfredo Reyes, 3.5 stars, 4.1 mil,
    Salary total: 4.4 mil

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Trade BOS-PHI

I hate having prospects that are ready to play too.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I hate having prospects that are ready to play too.
    Why?

He's saying that since you sent over two basically ready prospects for slightly upgraded versions of them with less of a chance to make it to the majors.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

...and then there's that Reyes guy who's slightly ok. Just sayin'
    Ted

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I kind of figured that. I spoke with Mission about my limited options. I just have to take the short end of the stick to make a trade. I am not sure why... KoZ, you were even one of the GM's that low-balled me at the deadline last season for Reyes. We can all say that a player is worth X, but unless the market shows that... it is only a perception. Reality is what this trade is.

Maybe Walker and McCarthy will take Boston to the AL title....

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    I kind of figured that. I spoke with Mission about my limited options. I just have to take the short end of the stick to make a trade. I am not sure why... KoZ, you were even one of the GM's that low-balled me at the deadline last season for Reyes. We can all say that a player is worth X, but unless the market shows that... it is only a perception. Reality is what this trade is.

Maybe Walker and McCarthy will take Boston to the AL title....
    That doesn't even make sense man. You have like 4-5 guys in AAA that would start for a lot fo teams just sitting there rotting when some of them may have some trade value. I don't know what the **** you're doing, but Major League was a comedy not a baseball management commentary.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Did I even offer for Reyes? Better yet, did I even really want him? I can't remember. But my point goes in jest with or is it gest? ..with what perf mentioned. I fail to see the logic behind trading young players who are ready in order to move a guy you have tried to deal for seasons. It was best to just keep him around until someone caved or you let him walk/retire as a philly. Dave does it all the time with his veterans. Dave might be a tad bit-VERY ridiculous in what he wants for his old guys, but he has never had to move prospects in order for someone to take on those guys.
    Ted

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I guess we shall see how things play out. Good Luck to both of you, and yes you expressed interest in Reyes. Wilfredo Sauce as you called him. You would not trade your 5.0 MR with marginal ratings for him, nor would you trade a 3.5 spec hitter. I think you offered a 3.5 MR and a 3.0 hitter for him. I might be wrong, but since some seem to know what is best for another persons franchise regardless of the status of their own... I think Philly will be a nice surprise. If a GM recognizes that he has minimal chance of improving his team throuogh trade, then that leaves FA and draft... Philly has a three year plan. It will work out better than the real-life Orioles plan.

AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    I guess we shall see how things play out. Good Luck to both of you, and yes you expressed interest in Reyes. Wilfredo Sauce as you called him. You would not trade your 5.0 MR with marginal ratings for him, nor would you trade a 3.5 spec hitter. I think you offered a 3.5 MR and a 3.0 hitter for him. I might be wrong, but since some seem to know what is best for another persons franchise regardless of the status of their own... I think Philly will be a nice surprise. If a GM recognizes that he has minimal chance of improving his team throuogh trade, then that leaves FA and draft... Philly has a three year plan. It will work out better than the real-life Orioles plan.
    You want to criticize my franchise right now? Considering this is my first full year with this team, I'd love to hear what you have to say. At least the talented players I have are actually playing, not rotting. That's my only point. You have decent players that you should either PLAY or TRADE (or release =P) because letting them sit in AAA so you can get a high draft pick is bullshit.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by perforatededge54 View Post
    You want to criticize my franchise right now? Considering this is my first full year with this team, I'd love to hear what you have to say. At least the talented players I have are actually playing, not rotting. That's my only point. You have decent players that you should either PLAY or TRADE (or release =P) because letting them sit in AAA so you can get a high draft pick is bullshit.
    No one criticized your franchise. You criticized my franchise. Ozuna is the only player in AAA that should arguably be promoted. He has two points of eye contact to develop yet. My OOTP experience certainly may not be at your level, I have no idea who you are, but leaving a NOT fully developed spec in AAA has NEVER hurt a spec in my OOTP experience. I'd like to dispense with the verbiage and let the simulation speak for itself. There is a chance I fall flat on my face. I recognize that. Again, Good Luck.

And interestingly enough, we got why I never passed the trade and why it eventually did pass

Evidence for Why I Never Passed It: Swinford
    Evidence for Why It Passed: Gimenez

BTW, as a note, I have seen many players not reach their full potential because they're left in AAA. For some of the less developed ones, maybe it's okay, but often enough, those last couple points are met at the MLB level.

AA ERA

That has been my experience too. Particularly in the case of the Disicpline and Power categories. Generally Contact is nearly maxed out in the minors.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Gentlemen, it has been my experience that:

Players develop best in the minors, although they do seem to develop their last few points in the Majors quite nicely.

Players do not lose talent or ratings from staying in AAA a couple extra months. Benninger at the beginning of the season was way below development. He just gained enough development to consider promoting. Kelly could be promoted. Ozuna could be promoted, but his eye is not developed and this is a OBP critical category. I don't think any other Philly players are glaringly out of place.

It best serves the strategic planning in the Philly FO to allow these guys the opportunity to kick butt in AAA for 3 more months and bring up a few players all at once in the Spring.

Mission, Molina, and I all saw players named Espanol, Bautista, Malm, and Frost come up in the Majors between age 28 and 30 and excel. None were hurt by sitting in AAA to further their development.

I may promote Ozuna/Benninger as we get further into the season, but right now, I think they have a better chance of developing where they are at. I do not subscribe to lengthy overstays in AAA. They will be up for sure next season.

I apologize for any disagreement this may cause, but I'd like the opportunity to rebuild the Philly franchise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast