Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade BOS-PHI

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Trade BOS-PHI

Kelly was more than ready! I was surprised he was available in our deal last night. You do have players that are ready in AAA, but where and who would be traded or demoted? Run your team as you wish, don't let the ladies here bash your skills at running your club as you see fit. We all have ideas to things, so blow it off if it gets to you.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

Yeah!

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Here is an old post from the OOTP board on this topic:

As a general rule of thumb, it is a lot harder to have a prospect to have negative player development from playing too easy competition. So if a prospect is dominating A-ball it does not necessarily mean he is going to be stunted in his growth by playing in A-ball. In fact he may develop his "overall" ratings faster by playing very well. I also notice in A-ball the sim is rather forgiving when a player has a low batting average, and even see a player batting .210 rewarded with a "Has improved his contact!" type message in Player Development. I have never seen something similar for AA or AAA. So, as a rule of thumb, give prospects plenty of time for A-ball, especially if as DisposableHero says, they are 21 and under.

Furthermore, and this really made me mad, in an online league recently I had my ace prospect, David Bailey, go down 2 points with a negative player dev in control. He was in AA and was #5 overall on the ERA list in AA and Top 10 in Ks and Wins. By all accounts, Bailey looked like a cannot-miss prospect. But guess what? He had 90 walks in 200+ innings, and the sim said "You know what? He's pitching great but... His control isn't what we thought it'd be." And he wen't down 2 full potential points on a 1-10 scale. At the time He was rated in Top Prospects as the #5 pitching prospect in all of the league and had improved 1 stuff point and 2 movement points during the year as a 19 year old. This makes me wonder why I ever put him in AA. I never really considered his control going down, but it did. So that goes do show you the sim can hit a prospect in unexpected ways. Bailey is no longer a cannot-miss prospect and is now a prospect with foreseeable control problems. The moral of the story? Always be on the safe side with prospects, because even when they are overall playing well at a higher level, there may be a part of their game the sim will penalize them for.
    None of this is absolute. It is all chance.

MLB ERA

Yeah, and I leave a guy like Bill Witcher in the minors, he misses all of his talent; I call him up, and now he's raking.

It's better to bring them up a little too early when they can help the team than leave them to rot...especially if your team is wallowing at the bottom.

Selling out for a draft pick, too, is regrettable. I hope no one would accuse me of that, but even I left players down maybe a year too long in hopes of a higher pick. That being said, defending selling out for a pick is completely wrong and will lead to universal dislike of your club...and it doesn't always work anyway.

MLB ERA

We need to stop letting people comment on posts in the Transactions forum imo.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    Yeah, and I leave a guy like Bill Witcher in the minors, he misses all of his talent; I call him up, and now he's raking.

It's better to bring them up a little too early when they can help the team than leave them to rot...especially if your team is wallowing at the bottom.

Selling out for a draft pick, too, is regrettable. I hope no one would accuse me of that, but even I left players down maybe a year too long in hopes of a higher pick. That being said, defending selling out for a pick is completely wrong and will lead to universal dislike of your club...and it doesn't always work anyway.

Wow, Dry, your the one of the last persons I expected to hear the "selling out for a draft pick" from. This is not "tanking". It is rebuilding. If a player was fully developed and in AAA, I would agree, but Ozuna lacks 2 points in eye, and Benninger lacks points in multiple categories and only recently gained enough to be discussed!

These guys MIGHT lose ratings and they MIGHT gain ratings. We shall see as the season progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by McKain View Post
    We need to stop letting people comment on posts in the Transactions forum imo.
    That just means the comments will be moved to a Transactions Random Ramblings where the same thing happens, but cluttered.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA

then we need to make me a mod for the s3sl forums and i will lay down an iron fist upon all these peoples' heads

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

Yeah but criticizing the other GMs is half the fun!

Then as an admin, I'll lay my iron fist on your head. o snapz.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by McKain View Post
    then we need to make me a mod for the s3sl forums and i will lay down an iron fist upon all these peoples' heads
    Initially, I was happy to see this, but then I am not sure that my head is not one of the ones you want to squoosh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12