Thread: Raise your hand if you..

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Raise your hand if you..

Not a lot.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    I don't know about other people, but I don't have the third baseman that you described in your trade block.
    I don't think anyone has the perfect 3B in this league

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibles View Post
    Dude, it goes both ways, you need to reach out to other people to try to make trades, not just sit back and wait for somebody to make you an offer. I make a few trades every year in this league.
    Yea, I know how to negotiate a potential trade. I've made many of them in other leagues. Most of the blocks in this league are littered with old, dying players and wanting specs in return. It's pretty much what KoZ said in the first post. I'm not going to PM everyone and ask them if they're interested in players on my block. That's a bit unnecessary.

And I'm not looking for the perfect 3B...just not some combo of dying old fart, no fielding, and no stick. I've got 2 out of the 3. I just want someone younger than 30 that can field and is average with the stick. There's no one like that in this league? Regardless, no one like that is available I suppose. But I've had both 2B Furst and 2B/3B/SS Delancey on the block the last 2 seasons for whatever. There wasn't really much interest though. So I figure I'll just keep things to myself and "build" from within.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

To my knowledge of this league, there aren't many 3B who are good with both range and fielding percentage. Then there's the question if such 3B can hit.

MLB ERA

Is there an OOTP setting for softball fielding then? I could use an extra OF to play near 3B.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

There's a lot 3B that can hit. But there does not exist the golden defense you have been looking for since forever.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

But yes, the biggest problem is that most of the league wants prospects and there just isn't a real supply of them to be dealt. And no one is going to deal a good prospect for an old piece of trash.

So we are stuck with just a few who have no preference. We are like a band of survivors stuck in a crappy zombie flick.

MLB ERA

Golden defense at 3B? Hell, I'll take bronze at this point. Instead I've got pleather.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah find me a team that wants Bill Cosby. And isn't going to lowball me. I would like to have one ML pitcher that can keep his ERA under 7
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Just because somebody doesn't want to give somebody up for your slightly-above-average OF doesn't mean its impossible to trade in this league, especially if you're looking for a quality SP in return.

I agree there are only a few GMs who can be considered active traders, but I think pretty much everybody is open to making trades, and when you open the deal up to include some prospects with your MLB players you can get things done.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Cosby has been on the block for 4 seasons now. I'm two full years younger than the next oldest team. Im trying to trade my most valuable vet to get a quality SP

You're trying to trade this league's most common asset (good outfielder) for the league's rarest (quality SP).

So you're going to pound your feet and blame it on the league?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Bustillos is probably the top arm available right now, and Seattle is also in full rebuild mode. It's hard to do something with most teams wanting to rebuild. But I guess someone has to win, right? And some people wonder why the same teams are usually in the playoffs.. well, the rest the league is always trying to rebuild. Endlessly.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I just want to build a damn pitching staff any way possible.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I really have nothing else of value that I want to deal right now. Mostly everyone would ask for the 3 SP spects I have right now. I need a ML starter, just one that has an ERA under 7.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast