Thread: Oakland Offseason Block (prospects... available?)

MLB ERA

A's Oakland Offseason Block (prospects... available?)

First and foremost, Hudson and Setser are untouchable. If I decide to blow up, they'll most certainly be a part of the process, but for now I want to try my hand at the division and they're a huge part of it. For that matter, Smathers is untouchable too.

My best pieces (in addition to Provenzano and Preciado, who I would like a lot in return for. They're available if something comes along, but I'm not even putting them up here because I fear some offers I would get):

#56 Jared Sanor, Starting Pitcher, 26 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    #18 Joshua Hillier, Shortstop, 24 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    #36 John Bahena, Second Base, 23 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    #16 Ivan Shealy, Third Base, 21 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    #14 Patrick Burch, Centerfield, 23 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    #25 Michael Pedraza, First Base, 23 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    #51 Terry Corman, Reliever, 26 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    #77 Clarence Creswell, Starting Pitcher, 24 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    #32 Pedro Rubio, Starting Pitcher, 23 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    #37 Pedro Silvera, Starting Pitcher, 29 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    #31 Samuel Moore, Rightfield, 26 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    #60 Pedro Pedrosa, Shortstop, 23 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report

And if you're feeling risky:
    #3 Arthur Desrosiers, Starting Pitcher, 21 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    #82 Darren Barnes, Reliever, 27 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report

I realize Desrosiers has lost a ton of talent... there was a time he was 9-10-7 or something. But he is 21, so if you want to risk him making me look foolish for the 100th time, go for it.

Darren Barnes is out for the year unfortunately, as he was going to be slotted in my pen for sure and I was hoping for him to take some strides this year... but if you want to take a chance on him doing something down the line...

Looking just for a few quality players who will help my team make a playoff push.... I've developed a good amount of my prospects in my system to the point where I feel I can compete if I can fill out my roster enough through free agency and trades this offseason. I'd like to piece together a bullpen especially.

PM works best unless you know my fax line.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: Oakland Offseason Block (prospects... available?)

Does George Ware and his not so good contract interest you?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I IM'ed you who I was interested in
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

What was I getting in total though? Alonso and Hicks?

Too many prospects for just that.. Not looking to trade 6 for 2 of that caliber. I'd rather hope I get lucky with my worthless FA signings. Unless that was just an inquiery. Not that the prospects I had were gold, but... Hicks and Alonso's track records aren't that great and it just makes me nervous they'll both bomb with me.

I do like Hicks and Alonso... but breaking it down... Alonso's eclipsed 200IP once, he's only had a sub 4.00 era once, and that came in the NL, whereas he struggled with Boston his whole career. I don't really want to even guess what'll happen when/if I bring him to my bunghole team.

Hicks is Adam Dunn without any power. I love the potential of adding him to my lineup just for his OBP, but I don't want to give up that much for him when all he does is walk and strikeout.

I'll see what comes of the next FA round, then we'll hammer something out. I'd still like to make a trade like this, as I have excess prospects at certain positions who won't see my MLB roster this year or for a long while.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I guess you are not interested in Ware...

MLB ERA

Money's just way too much.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I never made any offers..
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Money's just way too much.
    This I can understand. I really thought he would get higher offers from other GMs.

MLB ERA

understandable... and honestly, money's not really a big deal for me when assembling a team. but money in one player for one year, scares me off.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Would Alex Morabito interest you at all?

Hes still putting up MVP like numbers even at his age. He could help out your team in both the win column and Popularity.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)