Thread: oakland offseason tradeblock in advance

MLB ERA

oakland offseason tradeblock in advance

well, I'm officially in rebuilding mode... or so I'll try. missed the sim day and forgot to send in line-ups initially... as a result, 0-14. rip.

players available:

#92 Kendall Hernandez, Designated Hitter, 38 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    Makes 4.7 mil, and is retiring at season's end. Signed him before I decided I was in rebuild mode. Good for fan interest and some pop at DH or in one of the corner OF positions if you can sacrifice defense to play him there.

#10 Donald Karl, Second Base, 32 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    Good power bat, 8 home runs already, and good amount of RBIs, hitting in a very weak lineup. NEEDS TO GO, don't have a need for him, he's not making much, and it's his last year of his contract.

#11 Donte Billups, Rightfield, 31 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    Platoon alert... good against righties, and can leadoff. Very high eye, 7 contact, good gap, and decent power (must be a high 5, cause he hit a decent amount of HRs last year for me).. and great speed. Would be a nice leadoff hitter against RHP.

#56 Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Catcher, 37 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    Signed just for this year, and cheap, Salty's having a very respectable season splitting time. I just don't really need him, and he's wasting away. Could help someone in need of a good #2 catcher.

#49 Michael Tessier, Starting Pitcher, 31 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    Tessier just can't pitch for me. But stats show he's been fine elsewhere...

#49 Melvin Polson, Starting Pitcher, 33 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    Polson has 1 walk in nearly 50 innings so far. He still has enough left in his tank to warrant the remianing year on his contract next year, and I will chip in on the contract.

#59 James Garr, Starting Pitcher, 33 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    Need him gone. He's lost it for me, and is in his final year... someone needing to take a chance on a cheap SP can gamble here. Not looking for much.

#19 Harold Oestreich, Starting Pitcher, 29 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    My best piece of trade bait... number speak for themselves. Looking for something nice here obviously. Not going to sell cheap, so I'll just keep him. But feel free to make an offer, it's not like he's untouchable. I'd just like a nice piece in return here.

#6 Bernal Valverde, Reliever, 25 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    4.0 25-year-old middle reliever with very solid ratings.

#11 Julio Sanchez, Reliever, 30 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    3.5 middle reliever with, again, very solid ratings.

#68 Gerald Gratton, Reliever, 29 yrs, Oakland Athletics - Out of the Park Baseball Report
    3.0 29-year-old middle reliever with good ratings and past success

Erazo, Stanley, & Deshazo are all gone. Ankney gone pending approval.

PM works best. Figured I'd just update this thread, than make another one all together.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Re: oakland offseason tradeblock in advance

Minnesota interest in just about ALL the pitching youre offering.

Faria would probably be at the top of the list.

Pen youth over the older guys but I need as much pitching help as I can get since most of mine I acquired flopped.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

AIM me @ resisriseabove and we can talk trade...

I'm really looking to deal some of these guys. A lot hit the FA market... some are still on my team.

But..

I'm confused as why Faria wound up a free agent... it said he was arbitration elligible, and nothing about becoming a free agent with x amount of service time. But I guess he's a free agent now... so no Faria on my block. Which really sucks for me, and for you, but oh well... my team is going nowhere for the next 7 years anyway so it's not like it matters.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

After I simmed to the next season and saw the class of free agents, I saw his name and went back to the site (that wasn't updated yet) to make sure and it did say he was poised to be a FA, I just figured you didn't have the cash or something.

MLB ERA

Fair enough, I trust your word. Maybe it did say something like "elligible with X amount of service days". =/

I guess I overlooked it. I swore he was arb elligible or something. Oh well, big error on my part. Adds to free agency though... and I'm going in a different direction anyway probably.

Just need to hopefully trade some of these players.

Thanks for the heads-up though mission.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

well, I'm officially in rebuilding mode... or so I'll try. missed the sim day and forgot to send in line-ups initially... as a result, 0-14. rip.

so bump

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

AAA ERA

Interest in Tessier, Polson.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

MLB ERA

Feel free to make an offer... not sure what you'd be willing to trade, but from your team, I like Julio Ramirez Jr, David Renz, & Isidoro Alfaro. I'd be willing to trade either of the two pitchers.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

ARI has interest in Valverde.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Deal me Valverde and I will take Tessier
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AAA ERA

Renz especially could go.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

MLB ERA

Ankney gone pending approval. I'll update the overall block in a minute.

Hafdawg, depending on which pitcher you want, and how much salary needs eaten, I have two propsitions.

Tessier for Renz...

Or Julio Ramirez Jr. for Melvin Polson with me eating some salary. Polson has only walked 1 batter in 46 innings or so this year.

Let me know what you think. Tessier, obviously, isn't as good as Polson this year... but I don't know if I'd do Polson for Renz, because Polson is still showing some life seemingly.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat