Thread: Anyone interested in a sign and trade on Sam Michael

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Anyone interested in a sign and trade on Sam Michael

I am not really looking to resign him for my team, I might, but I would do so if anyone wants to get him without the bidding we see in usually poor free agent markets. 7-4-7-9-5 ratings (3.0 stars overall) and even in an off year like this, he managed a .373 OBP. He's asking for 5.4 mil per for 4, and the cost to get him would be very reasonable (just make a fair offer essentially that will pass the council.)

Let me know if you're interested.

MLB ERA
    When did this become the NBA where you can sign players to extensions and trade them immediately . LoL j/k.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hey, it's not as bad as the pattern we had of people signing Free Agents to a deal and shipping them before the first game of the season.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Hey, it's not as bad as the pattern we had of people signing Free Agents to a deal and shipping them before the first game of the season.
    Touche.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

AA ERA
    That is why you might want to institute a rule similar to the one I had in my former league.

No Trade Clauses

Players signed to Contract Extensions or signed during Free Agency will not be eligible to be traded until their No Trade Clause has been waived. No Trade Clauses are as follows:

1. Any player signed to a 1 or 2 year Contract Extension or Free Agent Contract for any dollar amount cannot traded until July 1st of the following season.

2. Any player signed to a 3 or 4 year Contract Extension or Free Agent Contract for $3,000,000 per year or more cannot be traded until February 1st of the 2nd season of their deal. This requires these players to spend 1 full season with the signing team with the only means of leaving the club as waivers or release.

3. Any player signed to a 5 year or greater Contract Extension or Free Agent Contract for $3,000,000 per year or more cannot be traded until February 1st of the 3rd season of their deal. This requires these players to spend 2 full seasons with the signing team with the only means of leaving the club as waivers or release.

-In the event a new owner inherits a team, the new owner shall be permitted to trade a No Trade Clause player in order to build the team into their style of play. However, the player will resume his No Trade Clause status on the new team he joins. This helps encourage new owners to join the league without handcuffing their building process, while still restricting the owner that is benefitting from the player's performance.

-A list of No Trade Clauses will be kept on the forum.

This prevents teams from signing players to FA contracts or contract extensions and then immediately dealing them. Helps to institute more realism.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34
    That is why you might want to institute a rule similar to the one I had in my former league.

This prevents teams from signing players to FA contracts or contract extensions and then immediately dealing them. Helps to institute more realism.
    I was just kidding with Mission about that, I wouldnt have cared because I trust the Trade Council and him, and I dont think the OOTP we are using for this league has that feature.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I am not down for trading of free agent's but I see nothing wrong with signing a player to an extension and trading them. Trading players after an extension does happen, trading after signing a free agent doesn't happen.

If you wanted to make OOTP realistic, you might as well delete the game and look for an open GM spot. But I appreciate the input bro.

MLB ERA
    I don't even know who this Bosox dude is telling us what to do.

AA ERA
    Well, most complex OOTP leagues usually institute rules that go outside of the actual game engine itself. Your right the game itself doesn't have anything that polices such a rule which usually means its the job of the Commish to keep up with such matters if it is chose to be instituted.

To answer Saber's smart ass question, I just try and suggest different ideas to help the OOTP league community. I have been playing for years and have seen several things instituted that go outside of the game that can be exciting and fun, all I was trying to do was make a "suggestion" not tell anyone what to do. But thanks for your concern.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    That post probably made a point, but I wasn't paying attention.

The pattern of signing free agents only to trade them died years ago.