Thread: Considering Rebuilding in Philadelphia

Considering Rebuilding in Philadelphia

I may wait a sim to see the decline, but the writing's on the wall. Repko's falling. Reyes is out for the season. A lot of my guys in their mid-30's and the average age is deceiving, as a lot of my backups are young.

Basically, here are the pieces.

Catchers:
    Landon Powell (6-5-5-3-5, clutch, consistant, loyal, leader, cheap enough, good arm. Nothing that great but a nice backup catcher)

Brian Levan (Considering how little he'd bring back, I'll likely just hold on to him as a placeholder)

Infielders:
    1B Larry Broadway (7-4-9-5-5, pretty bad contract with length and I'm willing to help there. Plays a decent first base and can hit)

3B Victor Hofer (8-6-7-4-6. This guy came out of nowhere to be good. He's 30, he's cheap, and by the time he reaches free agency, you won't want him back anyway. Well, maybe. But he has actual value. Go figure).

2B/3B/SS Joel Guzman (8-6-7-9-8, he would cost a good return. He's 31, so he has several good years left on him before the decline. This would be his first FA, and players are often reasonable in extensions there. He hits both sides, he's clutch, he plays okay defense. He struggled a bit last year, but he seems to be a reliable 20 HR, .850 OPS caliber player in the middle infield)

IF Jose Lopez (7-5-5-4-8, but hits lefties better than that and hits righties what it says. A fluctuating player, can be a .700 OPS or .800 OPS infielder)

Outfielders:

LF/RF Wily Mo Pena (8-6-10-5-7, also plays first, consistantly one of the league's best hitters, but is approaching 34 years of age and free agency. He has a good price this year and he is popular to boot. One of my better pieces for a team in need of a boost)

LF/CF Jason Repko (7-7-4-3-7, also plays shortstop, he's declining but his deal is up at the end of the year and he can be helpful and he plays multiple positions)

OF Ryan Sweeney (6-10-5-7-9, he's been very good to me and he's signed to a good extension)

Pitchers:
    SP Steven Carpenter (6-7-7, he's getting older, but he's cheap and he's flat out performed with similar ratings over the past couple years. He's durable and a decent SP to a team who needs a #4 or #5)

SP Bobby Jenks (6-4-9, almost the same deal as Carpenter, but he's done at the end of this year. His past four years as an SP with similar ratings should tell you what you need to know)

SP Justin Gillman (10-4-7, has a couple years on his deal but he's only 32 and he's decent. I guess he'd convert to a 2.5 SP)

SP Gary Fall (10-6-6, 33 years old, deal ends in a few years (through 2008) at a below-market price for a 3.0 SP. His 2014 was bad, but the rest of his career has been very good)

RP Matt Albers (9-5-6, he sucks but his ratings are good. Give me stuff)

RP Robert Amis (6-5-9, same ratings as Alberts, but he's better, and younger in terms of performance and such. His deal is done at the end of the year)

RP Jonathan Broxton (8-3-10, can start, bad year this year, good in his last two years in a set-up or closers role. 31 years old and deal is done after this year)

RP Hubert Wilner (8-6-7, his stats are decent, his ratings are decent, he's a decent RP).

The tough/impossible to get list:
    2B/3B/SS Paul Galeana (4.5 IF, considering he is loyal, has minimal desire for a winner, and is a fantastic all around player at 24 years of age. Yeah)
    SP's Leo Terrazas and Wilfredo Reyes (Wilfredo's out for the year and I expect a decline, but him and Terrazas are young, cheap, and good. It would be tough)
    OF Darrin Pressnell (The lesser OF version of Galeana)
    RPs Samuel Lindsey and (likely) William Sailer (No reason to deal)

There it is, I want young, quality players based on what I trade. No shock.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    since beat box broxton is in his last year, I could use him... I like Gillman too if he's not expensive. And I'd be curious enough to ask about Pena's price tag.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    But if you want Evanoff or either of my sexy relievers then I'll have to take a flier on Wally Mo.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

BTW, if anyone is interested in anyone, send me a PM with an offer (only way I'll respond for a while and I'll tell you if I like it or not).

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Fish you get my PM?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

OK, now I really kind of need to get rid of an RP if I want to keep Cueto (who developed some more) and Sailer (woohoo, big dev boost) up. RP or SP, not pick, take a look and shoot me a PM. I'll be more open for the lesser of the guys than I was before.