Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what is next? Join TSSL!

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Baseball Slant So what is next? Join TSSL!

I have grieved long enough. I will miss S3SL and will have to just let it go as a failure for me.

Are we ready to move on?

I personally would prefer a brand new OOTP 6.5 league w/ either the Cubbyfan roster set from 05 or 06...(the one S3SL and MSL started with) or the 1987 & Beyond roster set.

I would endorse Provie as the Commissioner should he be willing and able.

I would probably be willing to do my second S3SL partnership if this plan were executed. I have been waiting to see a couple of things play out... The first being this league, the second being KoZ's waning level of interest (coupled with my own), and the third being General's attention to HSL.

I'm not sure how all of those issues will play out, but the board has seemed at it's deadest point ever over the past three odd weeks.

Do we have enough desire for OOTP left in us? Would a brand new league re-invigorate us?

All just questions I pose to initiate discussion and get back to where we used to be with three thriving and active leagues.

Re: So what is next?

First, once again a huge thank you to mission for running S3SL for so long. I'm pretty sure I was one of the original members, then left the site for a few years but was really impressed when i came back here to find out it was still going strong.

I'd love to be in a new league start up, and I'd love to help it be the best league on the net, any way I can.

MLB ERA

TSSL! TSSL! TSSL! TSSL!

a
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

If Prov didn't want to do a league, I would love to start one up...

I think we need a slight change to keep our interest so if I was to start up a league I'd bring back FA compensation, and the lack of trading draft picks (like Nick did back in the day of TPSL). This would make it most like MLB, and would also make people less desperate to just trade guys at the deadline for whatever since they could get compensation picks at the end of the day which would help prevent some of the TC messes of the last few years
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The ball is really in PA's court. He mentioned working on some technical things. I fully support him running a league, we do need a consistently active league in my opinion. I know with Molina being busy, the schedule is pretty spaced out and with Hybrid, well, whatever...

I would just advise to everyone, that regardless whatever PA decides to do, don't rush him. Most of you understand that leagues don't happen in the blink of an eye.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I agree with Zito on this one. It is on PA's court. I fully support TSSL if he wants to bring it back. Patience is key here.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Im in for whatever everyone chooses. I really enjoy these leagues. Let's me think of other things besides busy busy life. Whoever runs it I'm in. Sounds fun. I've only been in the forums for like 9 months and I can tell there is difference in chatter on these leagues from march until now. So hopefully something new gets everyone excited again.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

TSSL will be back and continuing where the file is now (2 seasons after I ended it). I think it's 2024, but I would have to check later. The rosters are somewhat different. Some players are still on the same teams and some are not. The technical stuff I was referring to has to do with hosting / server stuff to enter into the game for the reports site. Once that is all set people will be able to view the site. I will post some new and old rules that will need to be followed for people to have fun and not ruin the league for others. There will be a signup process, too. I'll explain that once we get there.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

^^^^ I'm already excited

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    TSSL will be back and continuing where the file is now (2 seasons after I ended it). I think it's 2024, but I would have to check later. The rosters are somewhat different. Some players are still on the same teams and some are not. The technical stuff I was referring to has to do with hosting / server stuff to enter into the game for the reports site. Once that is all set people will be able to view the site. I will post some new and old rules that will need to be followed for people to have fun and not ruin the league for others. There will be a signup process, too. I'll explain that once we get there.
    I can't remember a single player on my old team... I guess it will be just like starting new.

Looking forward to seeing the league reports.

How many returning GMs are there? and what are the protocols for team selection?

MLB ERA

The undertaker will rise again

Want a moustache ride? BrewerBall13's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

I'm in for whatever the general consensus is...

MLB ERA

Excited to get TSSL back! I hopefully think the phase of hating on the TC's are over and history, but a few rules won't hurt considering the actions of some of us (*cough* me *cough*)
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

There will be a signup process, too. I'll explain that once we get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    How many returning GMs are there? and what are the protocols for team selection?
    I don't know how many returning GMs there are because I haven't started the process yet.

Step 1: Get hosting / server stuff from Mission for the site entered into the game.
    Step 2: Upload reports.
    Step 3: Post new / old rules.
    Step 4: Begin three tiered signup process.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBall13 View Post
    I'm in for whatever the general consensus is...
    The consensus is that S3SL is on indefinite hiatus. You guys are free to join the other 2 leagues that are running right now. Once TSSL is up and running, people will have a chance to signup if they want. No one has to signup for TSSL if they don't want to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast