After having, in my opinion, one of our best seasons, we've had a shitty offseason. I'm not calling anyone out, as discourse is fine, but it has left a lot of people with a sour taste in their mouth with the conversation that followed. This is my opinion to the entire league. Every deal being analyzed, the entire TC being called into question, etc.

Lets get the facts straight. This league has simmed more than 30 seasons. Been going on for over seven real years, with a large group who have been here from the start or damn close to it. The TC hasn't changed members in years. We sim consistently unless GM's are needed. And things have ran pretty smoothly for seven years, more so than some other leagues I've been in (both on this site and beyond.) Ask yourself if I am not usually pretty responsive problems in the league. Development too slow? I'll crank it up. Players drop off too fast and too early? We now have good 37, 38 year old players, just like real life. No defensive 3B? See the draft last year. Plus, and I'm not taking credit for the hard work Molina or OM does as they do a lot of their own cool stuff, much of this league's model has been borrowed by other leagues. Something works. Its not perfect and I am sure we could improve, but for a free league, we could all be in worst.

25 year old me would never start this league, I wouldn't have the time. But 17 or 18 year old me did and I respect that guy. If we are going to treat this like we have money on the line or be super serious, its no longer fun and I really should spend more time on the site, beyond the league to be truthful.

The TC has fucked up before, will fuck up later, and I'm probably going to listen to the band Fucked Up at work today. We don't play favorites, we try to be fair, and we care about the league A LOT.

If you guys want to go back to having fun, I am for it. If we want to continue debating everything and suck the fun out of it, 2037 might not happen as what is the point of it then? Again, I am not dismissing the original notion of the debate, things might still change, but I want to kill this negative vibe that has been given life. This is meant to be an escape for baseball nerds. I'm so nerdy that when I can't sleep at night, I think about my roster and how I could readjust it, maybe do a platoon to get the lefty smasher into the game more or how I could trade that talented 4th OF for a 3rd MR. I'll never be a GM, but I've ran the Marlins since 2004 and its been fun. I want it stay that way and hopefully you guys feel the same.

Alright, that's it.