Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Sim: 10/25 at 12 PM EST, Draft at 1 PM EST

AAA ERA

Re: Next Sim: 10/25 at 12 PM EST, Draft at 1 PM EST

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I think that's so weird though, cause what Porter said made a lot of sense to me initially, but then I looked it over and realize.. in that case, they can't afford drafting anyone. And then there's other teams in the "red". I do hate the computer, I would never trust it with a top ten pick ever.

Sounds like the giants were screwed over moreso than the padres, at least SD got a quality prospect at a weak position. [shrug] Padres weren't the only ones snake bit by the AI, from what I can tell.
    I still think it's crap. I mean I don't know what to do. The Padres have been in a tail spin since 2021 when I won 101 games. Because despite winning, I never got the fan interest required to gain money. The year I had a $85 mil payroll I netted a -$14 mil loss. There's nothing I cand do with them but watch them rot.

I've had $0 FA money for many consecutive years. I can't re-sign players, I can't sign players. Then I get a crap catcher who's 8 eye and power talent are all he has going for him. He's got a 3 arm, and can't run the bases. He has no intangibles. While the guy I wanted a franchise shortstop, goes to a division rival.

Like honestly I don't know where to go from here. This whole draft mishap sets the Padres back at least two years.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Next Sim: 10/25 at 12 PM EST, Draft at 1 PM EST

DMB, if you make a poll and at least 15 teams vote in your favor, I would increase Narvaez:

Catcher arm from 3 to 9
    Catcher range from 7 to 9
    Contact potential from 7 to 8

While he wouldn't be a super stud, he would be a solid prospect capable of a decent OPS with plus defense. As it wouldn't be fair to do this without at least half of the league supporting it, you need to do the poll to see if they would be ok with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12