Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2027 S3SL Season Check-In: 9/26 at 4 PM EST

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2027 S3SL Season Check-In: 9/26 at 4 PM EST

Um, why didn't you just give the Cards to the consensus more deserving candidate?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I must spread rep around..
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Um, why didn't you just give the Cards to the consensus more deserving candidate?
    Its first come first serve assuming the person knows OOTP when it is a team in need of rebuild and Haf has success. Haf beat Leo by a few minutes, that's the rules. The fact that Leo will get the next team, creating in effect a temporary waiting list is me trying my best to be fair. The fact that I saw Leo wanted in, missed out again, and was willing to give him a team that I would normally hold and wait for Crazy (he was the only one I was willing to let them go for) again shows me trying to accommodate.

Like it or not though, we do things a certain way here. I did my best to try to get him in, but Haf got the team fair. He has sent in offers and I think he will stick it out with the Cards.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Normally, I would not disagree with your judgment on anything regarding S3F but you're putting your cards (literally!) on a guy who's had multiple teams in this league, and other leagues, and quit those very multiple times. It's like Norv Turner or Doug Collins.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dude, I don't care about other leagues. I think it is pretty clear that Haf has been a S3SL'er despite fleeting interest elsewhere. The guy can win, he can turn around a team and he can make the playoffs. I think Haf knows if he drops out again, it would be a bit hard to get back in another time, but I wouldn't give him the Cards.... a team in desperate need of a turnaround, if I didn't think he had the skills to turn them around if he put the effort toward it. You guys don't have access to my PM box, but Haf has regularly PM'ed me about the league and his desire to join again, literally for a few months.

I am really happy crazy is back, but at the time I didn't know how long his abscence would roll over and I made the decision to let Leo take over the Royals. We had two people wanting a team, within minutes of each other, and I made a decision that seemed to satisfy both at the time.

AAA ERA

I left this league by resigning and never going inactive. The two teams I had (Pittsburgh and Detroit) I rebuilt both, acquiring Detroit by trading with YOU, Ziti, when you couldn't get the job done with them. I rebuild PIT, won a title, rebuilt Detroit, won a title, and then resigned a few seasons later. I didn't disappear or anything. I had life changes (as everyone has at some point) going on. I tried to come back in other leagues, lost net access, moved three times, changed jobs... no different than a lot of teams in this and other leagues.

Really have no need to explain myself. You can say all you want, it's your right. Appreciate the opportunity to come back to S3SL, now that I've got life items in order, and I'm anxious to rebuild the Cards.

And I can't wait for Leo to get a team, because hes a great fellow as well. I've been back on the boards for months, showing I have no issues in hanging around again. Don't really see the issue, and I appreciate Mission being cool about everything.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Dude, I don't care about other leagues
    The truth comes out!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Is that Prov in the S3SL forum?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    The truth comes out!
    Heh, well I personally do. But as a lawman of S3SL, GM's or potential GM's for this league could pillage and plunder in the other leagues and their sins would not be held against them.

nygiantsfan is a good example, a non-S3SL example. He didn't really get into it over here, but obviously digs the other leagues. His inactivity here shouldn't count anywhere but here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HafDawg2003 View Post
    I left this league by resigning and never going inactive. The two teams I had (Pittsburgh and Detroit) I rebuilt both, acquiring Detroit by trading with YOU, Ziti, when you couldn't get the job done with them. I rebuild PIT, won a title, rebuilt Detroit, won a title, and then resigned a few seasons later. I didn't disappear or anything. I had life changes (as everyone has at some point) going on. I tried to come back in other leagues, lost net access, moved three times, changed jobs... no different than a lot of teams in this and other leagues.

Really have no need to explain myself. You can say all you want, it's your right. Appreciate the opportunity to come back to S3SL, now that I've got life items in order, and I'm anxious to rebuild the Cards.

And I can't wait for Leo to get a team, because hes a great fellow as well. I've been back on the boards for months, showing I have no issues in hanging around again. Don't really see the issue, and I appreciate Mission being cool about everything.
    Rock on Haf, glad to have you back.

Guys, I am sorry, I am always going to want the familiar faces to come back if able and if they can do the job. If McKain or Waruv stopped by, I'd likely push out one of you that I don't like very much. That didn't factor in here as I gave the first team to Haf and the second team to Leo, as the order they posted in. But I always dig you guys coming back and it makes the league better for it. browntown coming back was great for example.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    browntown coming back was great for example.
    Aww. Why thank you.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234