Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: S3SL Round 1 Free Agent Signings

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: S3SL Round 1 Free Agent Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Also, I am huge. How many other GMs in this league go to law school? In Malibu?
    We have a winner.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    Bub.... after being on top so long and having the #29 or #30 draft pick for about 10 seasons... it is a miracle my team's farm is like it is... [Sounds like backpedaling already]

oh... and let us not go into championships in other leagues.... I really don't think you want to go there... trust me

Look.... you got a rash of crap because you signed him for 3 years at basically a million bucks.... when he clearly is probably no better than you have in a 28 year old in any farm system in this league... and then complained when someone called this guy a scrub (and rightfully so)... then on top of that decided to go in the direction of 'talk to me when you have a WS'.... and with those of us in here with season upon season of experience, probably was not the best play.... and after you type it, not much chance for a mulligan around here
    Listen Grasshopper , who asked for a mulligan? I signed him for 3 years. If I signed him for an MLC and put him in the ML rotation, I'd have paid 33k less per year. That 33k times 3 is what I chose to go to sign a shitty pitcher, who has a 90% chance of sucking (which is good for a rebuilding team) and a 10% or less chance of gaining talent and development and then I trade him and become the lucky genius. Realmofo chose to throw stones from his glass house and once again you chime in like a puppet... If your such a "veteran" you would have realized that if a player gets called up, he automatically gets 300k.

One thing I do admire, is that you stick up for each other. I don't mind the posts. It is what it is. OOTP shall go on.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Two rings. Count 'em.

Also, I am huge. How many other GMs in this league go to law school? In Malibu?
    Do you really want a response to this? What a lob pitch! *setting up to jack it out of the park*

Law School...

Perlosi's State...

MLB ERA

Backpedaling?? Hell... I was TRYING to lose for 2 seasons and still above .500

This farm is not as good as it looks in the ratings... I'll have a great bullpen, but not much else as of right now... most of the highly rated SP's are 5 endurance... unless they get to 6, they're incredibly overrated.... I'll be losing for another season or 2... and then be back with a vengance... I built the O's up from nothing before... I'll do it again after my long run of great seasons
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    Backpedaling?? Hell... I was TRYING to lose for 2 seasons and still above .500
    I hate that. Ulrey won 5-8 too many games for a crappy player all by himself for the Phillies. A top 5 draft pick would have been nice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234