View Poll Results: Several FA's fall in the sewer, encounter radioactive material and with the training

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • of a rat become Teenage Mutant Ninja Free Agent's

15 75.00%
  • No, that's stupid.

5 25.00%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A stronger FA class anyone?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A stronger FA class anyone?

This was discussed in the draft chat and I am pretty set on doing it, but we'll take a vote. Given that everyone has learned by now that it's cheaper to resign your players than to attain players in FA, our groups are usually pretty lacking. Either a few forgotten players get in their or older players who wanted four or five year long contracts that their team wouldn't give them. It's become boring and people have to overpay for marginal talent. We're a pretty fictional league now as for the most part our league is dominated by players who only exist in the league file, so I really don't mind doing something like this. What would happen is I would essentially just randomly edit players (ratings, talent, and maybe even age in some cases.) There really wouldn't be any rhyme or reason to it, and obviously for any player changed to great, they would be outnumbered by the guys who wer changed to ok or average. I would have rules similar to how Crazy runs his FA in regards to contract offers and there would be a rule in place to prevent trading of these players (I would say anyone 3 stars or over would have a no trade clause for the entire season, making it so you cant sign the top players for expensive trade bait at least.)

The goal of this is just simply make FA and the league a bit more exciting for everyone. If you don't dig it, that's alright.

I like the idea...I wish I knew about it before I signed liriano but I def agree with what you want to do.

MLB ERA
    I love the idea and am in favor of it because FA with this league is usually pretty bad. One great player, a couple of useful parts, only two players under the age of 30 has come to define this league's FA which is kind of poopy.

AAA ERA
    I'm actually intrigued by wiping the slate clean and starting over now back to 2005 or whatnot. No rule changes, etc but it would make the league less dull, give everyone a fresh slate... we could keep the same teams...

Does this interest anyone else? It would give us all stuff to play with, certainly make the league more active. Plus, I'd like to see what everyone could do with the beginning of the teams. I know I've only been here since 2013.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I forgot to make the poll public (which you can't do later on), so if you vote, post your vote too. I just want to know in case people outside the league vote.

With my vote, we have three yay's.

MLB ERA
    I already know what I can do beginning with an awful team, and I'm really not interested in starting over after I've put in time to get the Royals to where they are and haven't had anything to show for it yet.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    i am the lone no thats stupid vote

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I say yay, Or we will see Ryan Wagner get a 14 million dollar deal.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Lets do it...Ive got the cash

AAA ERA
    I said no, just because keeping in step with my past beliefs, I don't like editing anything in the game.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I vote no if we have trading rules.
    I vote yes if there's no trading rules.

There are times when you may sign a guy but something comes along (and you must whip it, whip it good!) and you have the chance to trade that guy you signed for someone you like more or is simply more beneficial to your team, I don't see why rules should prohibit that. Hey, every once in awhile, a major league talent is dealt for a major league talent in this league.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    I think NTC's are essential for such a thing to work. But maybe not related to players 3 stars of above, but players that sign contract that are 3 years or more and meet some other sort of criteria as well.

Considering the draft is also pretty weak after the first 12 or so players, and nobody ever gets to FA until they are 34 or 35.
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

I vote yes with no reason to explain why.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Rookie ERA
    Of course I wouldn't mind it... my team blows.
    S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present

Yes for this, and a yes for restarting the league.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast