View Poll Results: Several FA's fall in the sewer, encounter radioactive material and with the training

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • of a rat become Teenage Mutant Ninja Free Agent's

15 75.00%
  • No, that's stupid.

5 25.00%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A stronger FA class anyone?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No on restarting the league. I worked hard just to make this team respectable.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

And no on re-starting the league
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    What is the real problem if someone signs a guy and decides that at the deadline, they want to move that guy if they have the opportunity to do so? It is free agency and not everyone is going to get who they want, why stop them from maybe persuing that guy later in the year if team A has just gone through a terrible season or team A needs a position from team B and it just makes sense trade-wise?

Oh and I'ma vote no on the re-starting. I love how this thing keeps cranking out the seasons like a well-oiled e-machine. We should go till there is absolutely no real MLB people left. Aside from that, we'll always have ample talent if free agency is modified and the ammy drafts have been 3 rounds strong for the last couple of seasons.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

What I'd like to see is in a couple of seasons (2-3), we start importing historical players, so that there are actual MLB players in the league.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Sbsl Ii?

<_<
    >_>
    Ted

perhaps yay.. but, with the rules and only like 3-4 of the bottom players that become 9-8-8 SP type studs.. nothing extreme though.

Quote Originally Posted by General
    What I'd like to see is in a couple of seasons (2-3), we start importing historical players, so that there are actual MLB players in the league.
    I agree with that instead of the editing of players.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    Sbsl Ii?

<_<
    >_>
    Please god no.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    this league is the more realistic of the 3, because there has been very little editing over the years. i dont feel that that needs to be changed... this league has tons of parity as it is.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    and restarting this league or importing historical players into this league would be a MONUMENTAL disaster.

MLB ERA
    there's more editing going on than people think, from what I know (which may be entirely wrong), but Mission edits the draft class to make it suck less and be more realistic.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Which we're grateful*mckain that he does do that.

I could really live without the editing FAs and what not, I think this is a great league because nothing much really changes over the years and I hate change so I love this league.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    grateful*

and there are obviously more people grateful at the idea of making FA non-stagnant than not, so I would say on a whole, the league seems pretty grateful at it as well.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Eh. It's just not needed. And then there's the rules, more and more rules. I fully understand the notion of limiting teams from dropping 20 million a year on half a dozen of good players, but I don't see the need to restrict trading the guys you signed in free agency. You guys are a mostly stubborn bunch in TC, so there's no reason to worry about some fishy deal passing.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    I just feel the need to point it out - The league made the TC be a stubborn bunch. If we weren't such pricks there would be 10 teams in debt, and they'd have been in debt for at least 8 years because of how bad some GMs were.

I'd say the FA editing is definitely needed, since there is literally two good players in it per year and maybe a max of five young players per year, and that's just ridiculous.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast