Thread: State of Vegas (6/18/07)

State of Vegas (6/18/07)

There's a bit of news I have to transmit about this week and the contest in general

A. The divisions are updated. You'll notice there are names in red. Those are names of people whose values did not change between updates. I am assuming those accounts are dead money for now. If one of those users comes in and either confirms that (I'll make their S3F Cash a prize or something) or denies that and agrees to play on (no more alterations), great. If they do not come in by the end of the Week, I will have to find something to do with their accounts. I'll probably suspend their ability to play and offer the total funds up as prizes, and if they come back before the deadline of 7/31, I'll restore their betting ability. For purposes of this week and a bet is coming up, Red accounts will be forced to switch at the desire of others (see point below).

B. I will NOT be making many, if any, baseball bets this week. I have an active hitting streak bet to keep track of and I want this to be a special week.

C. This week will contain the ability to "purchase" special privileges. Those privileges include the ability to trade in S3F Cash for eventual forgiveness cash (a nullification of a lost bet, essentially free money unless you never lose), the ability to change divisions (by swapping a space with the "Reds"), the right to create your own bet, among other privileges. Some of these will be a flat cost, some will be a percentage of your overall funds.

D. The prizes are still not finalized, but I am guessing the Top Prize will be either a jersey of your choice or maybe a PSP or something of similar value, depending on the funding situation.

E. If the amount of players stays stable (15-20 active), I will make an 8 team playoff (either 1 division leader and four wild cards, or the top two in each division).

Those are my five major points to make. I will post a link to this on the bets forum too.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: State of Vegas (6/18/07)

so we'll have a good 2 weeks of bets (approximately) before the INS expires, correct?

Re: State of Vegas (6/18/07)

Yeah, most likely. If I re-start normal bets on the 25th, should give a couple weeks
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.