Thread: Deal Or No Deal: Sunday Edition

Deal Or No Deal: Sunday Edition

This is how this bet works.

I will put up 25 bet numbers (all of which will be listed in this post). As the number escalates, the chance of winning the bet will decrease. You may try your chances at one "case" and one case only. You have to bet 100 vCash (you can bet more, but with 1/100 odds, why would you?) to have a chance at the case.. You can bet less, but you won't get a shot at the case. If you make a mistake in betting for the wrong bet or betting less than 100, tell me prior to Sunday's matchups and I'll note it.

Each number will represent a hidden "prize" that I will post on a separate website's message board. The prizes include S3F Cash (like winning the bet, but with inflated odds) in varying amount, priviledges (such as moving divisions or making up a bet), and so on. There are no empty cases.

So here are the sparknotes instructions

A. Bet 100 vCash on ONE case (that's how I'll have the bet set-up)
    B. If you win the bet, you get your 100 back with the prize in the case, which I posted on another forum.

Remember, the prizes are better in the higher numbered cases since the bets are less likely to be filled. The 25 Bets Are Listed in the Betting Area and are based on SUNDAY'S GAMES

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Deal Or No Deal: Sunday Edition

I won my case...at least 2 games will have more than 1 homer: CIN/CLE and STL/DET...also TOR/PHI and TEX/HOU so far

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Houston's 1 run gave me my case.

Expected more teams to score less than that, though.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

props to san diego and seattle for giving me my win

MLB ERA

I was considering betting on those two that you guys won on as well, but I thought #5 was a sure thing.

OK, I settled the bets, and here are the prizes, if you need documentation that I made these up before hand, I can give it. And remember, easy bets = low prizes

5 (Providence): Forgiveness of 100 S3F Cash on a lost bet (so if you lose a bet, just tell me and I'll return 100 S3F cash. It's essentially the same thing as 100 S3F Cash, but feel free to bet on a high roller with no rammifications if you lose up to 100. I am willing to offer one prize lower of 55 S3F Cash straight (that was the prize for Case 4))

9 (Witlon): Forgiveness of 200 S3F Cash on a lost bet (same deal as Prov, and these were the first two of those kind on the list, everything else was straight cash. I'm willing to offer what was one prize lower, 135 S3F Cash, which was in Case 8)

17 (Hammer): 850 S3F Cash straight up. I will allow you (as I allowed the other two) to take a lower case. The only appealing ones (meaning non S3F Cash ones) would be a chance to create your own bet, with your own odds, open to everyone (tell me what it is and when), or to have your own "winner's bet" (That was Case #10) with inflated odds, my choice. IMHO, I wouldn't turn down 850 S3F Cash for those options unless you had a good bet in mind. Post here to confirm your choice.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

BTW, great bet by Hammer for picking the highest one (it essentially turned into 17/2 odds if you take the cash) that was a winner. Matt Morris made #20 and #23 close

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, Hammer's bet was the highest one I even considered, but in the end, the safer the better.

The forgiveness thing is fine with me.

OK, I'll make a note of it on the standings page.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

im definitely cool with the 850, not gonna be able to cash in on 100 dollar bets at better odds than that too often.

i figured since it was all prizes in the end anyway, i might as well go for the hardest one that seemed plausible. thankfully i was obliged.

OK, Hammer's choice is good to go. I will put Witlon's on the page when PA responds.

MLB ERA

can I get my 100 back from last night's bet? I lost the rivera/wagner save bet...is that OK? or do I have to do it on a future bet?

Will do Prov.

MLB ERA

thanks boss!